spartan85

Does anyone still get stuttering with many planes in multiplayer?

On 10/15/2018 at 8:49 AM, E69_Chipi said:

There is no change for me with the new net code. 

Even when I get rock solid 60FPS (Vsync on) and my GPU workload is around 70%, when I'm close to other players in multiplayer I get terrible stutters.

I hope devs are able to narrow the problem down and fix it.

After reading a lot about this issue I decided to stop trying to fix it with "the magical graphic setting", since it doesn't look to be related to any graphic setting in particular.

Not sure if your still around but No change for me as well.  Back to waiting.  

Need some help with this issue. For as long as I've had this product, I've never had issues with stuttering. Right after Kuban was released with the view distance increase, I had them but simply enabling 4k textures made them go away. Suddenly, starting over the last 2 days now I've got them happening either about once every second, or when I move my head in trackIR. I have changed literally nothing which would explain why this has occurred and am at a loss for what to do; I've tried some of the suggestions in this thread, which sometimes seem to have worked but when you enter other servers the problem is back. Are there any suggestions that I can try that someone might have?

ond, or when I move my head in trackIR.

I have had the trackIR issue too, but for a few months at least. Sometimes alt-tab will fix it and closing chrome or steam interface 🙄

Edited by Pedersen

Problem solved by new 3.007 update or not? Anyone have tried?

On 8/31/2018 at 7:56 PM, SAS_Storebror said:

Visibility Range 130km... wow. I'm down to 70 already and still have stuttering. Shadow settings: All tested. Grass: All tested. Clouds: All tested. No difference.

System is i5-2500k @4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, game is on SSD.

I notice that there are two kinds of stuttering.

One is when you turn your head around (e.g. with TrackIR), especially noticeable when doing so in a crowded area.

The other doesn't involve any sight movement at all, it's just induced by closing in on other planes.

The frist (head movement) naturally happens more often, but is usually less noticeable.

The second (closing in on other planes) is a massive issue to me, as it causes like 500ms dropouts just when switching from the other plane's LOD1 to LOD0 or vice versa, which makes close digfights and formation flying a real PITA.

:drink2:

Mike

Did you try the new update? the MP stuttering problem solved or not?

From a first test yesterday evening, I'd say it "feels" better.

I have to keep testing a bit more to tell for sure.

:drinks:

Mike

10 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

From a first test yesterday evening, I'd say it "feels" better.

I have to keep testing a bit more to tell for sure.

:drinks:

Mike

Very well! waiting for your results.

I created another thread about this problem - but this is really killing my online play.

It never used to do this.

Edited by Valis

Update - I turned off in-game V-Sync and enabled it in the nVidia control panel.

It seems to have cured it (fingers crossed!)

EDIT: nah....still rough as hell 

Edited by Valis

After many hours of trying, and even the whole game reinstated .... it did not help anything. micro stuttters and stutters online ... I think it's just the game because in every other game my pc runs well

I still have this issue too. Playing with Oculus.
Stuttering happens only when playing MP. FPS is always ok (around 90 fps).

Tried many things but nothing seems to make it better.

Is not unplayable but very annoying, specially noticeable when looking landscape and rolling the plane.

Dear community and DEV,

Here is my topic which talk about a mod (nofog mod) which greatly help to remove stuttering without loosing quality (all my option are on ultra except shadow to high and mirror to simple).

My CPU is an old I7950 @4ghz, GPU 1080TI, 12 RAM DDR3 1600.

It is sad it is a mod because you cannot join "nomods" multiplayer server. It is why I asked to DEVS if they can integrate this mod as an option.

My server with this mod is AFsparrow1968 if you want to join to test.

Hope this help

Regards pilots!!😉

Edited by AFsparrow1968
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I do get heavy stuttering in Berloga server even with just 30 players online. Other servers are 90% of the time very smooth, even full.

Edited by blackram

Maybe a dev can look into it.  But my impression over the long term is that late at night and right after a patch when only 1/3 of servers are up and running, there is no stuttering.  Like whatever place the dservers connect to causes the stuttering when it is overburdened with traffic or mission load. That main mainframe or whatever you want to call it.