soupdragon

Can I add aircraft bought through steam to my store bought Il2?

I have been given some steam wallet funds as a gift.  I would like to use them to purchase some aircraft namely the MC-202 and the P-40.

All of my other purchases have been made through the store here.

If I buy these aircraft is it possible to activate them on a non steam install?

Cheers

SD

Yes, but if you do purchase through Steam then 1C/777 Studios don't get quite as much money as Steam take their cut first.

I know that and it is unfortunate, but this was a gift and iL-2 aircraft are the only thing I want to purchase from steam with them.

SD

Edited by soupdragon
spelling

When I found out about that,  i bought BoK in this site,  then also did it with BoB. BoM and BoS i had already bought on steam. Still,  there is no issue whatsoever with the game,  they work perfectly together.

Two thumbs up for 1C. They could have done something to make their own download incompatible somehow,  to force people to not buy it elsewhere, but they don't, so all source versions work perfect together. That's very gentlemanly!

Edited by danielprates

Looks like I can't buy aircraft on steam without purchasing  il-2 Battle of Stalingrad on Steam.  This is what I get when I try to buy the MC-202.  Oh well..5ad88710bfe55_SteamPurchaseFail.jpg.fb887603d8a2dc13bd83170288aae30a.jpg

SD

No mate- if you want to you can get a Steam licence for any of the versions you have bought through the store. You then register that licence with steam, continue to use the store-bought version but you can purchase additional planes through Steam. I think the ability to request a Steam licence may be available through your account profile under your licences. If not then you can always contact 1C/777 to ask for one.

Did that make sense? I know what I meant.

Cheers mate.  sounds like a load of faff.  I think i'll pass on this one then lol.

SD

2 hours ago, soupdragon said:

I have been given some steam wallet funds as a gift.  I would like to use them to purchase some aircraft namely the MC-202 and the P-40.

All of my other purchases have been made through the store here.

If I buy these aircraft is it possible to activate them on a non steam install?

Cheers

SD

Yes no problem. I did so in the past with my La5 and FW 190-A3 which I bought via Steam. Once you bought them via steam, activate the keys on your account and the planes are free to use in your steam install or your non-steam install, because both check with your BoX account.

Uups, sorry I just saw that you don´t own one of the basegames (BoS or BoM) via Steam. That is mandatory to buy the planes from steam. So you need to buy them in the store of this site.

Edited by sevenless

But thats the thing. Steam won't allow me to purchase the aircraft because I havent bought Battle of Stalingrad on steam.   The image above show what I see when I click the purchase button in Steam.

I assumed you would just get a key which you could activate on Steam or on my account here.  but it doesnt work like that at all.  I would heve to convert my store bought version of BoS to a steam version.  And I am not prepared to do that just to buy 2 aircraft.

SD

Edited by soupdragon

Soupdragon - you don't actually convert the store-bought licence - you just get one from Steam as well. I'm at work right now so can't check it all out fully, but from what I understand it's easy enough. If you go into your store account and check on what licences you have you may well find it's as easy as clicking on a button that says 'Gimme a Steam Licence too please'.

Obviously you would then need to register that licence with Steam, but that's what folks do (but the other way around) when purchasing from Steam. Either way the licence ends up needing to be activated on the Store (or at least that's what I remember from when I bought my first three collectors planes many moons ago).

Ah ok.

so I went into my profile and clicked the button "Get a steam Key"  and I get this.

5ad8a3e4756c5_Steamkey.thumb.jpg.e7cad080ab9721e671bfebedde4c14b0.jpg

I qualify as I bought BoS in Early access. 

So if I submit a support ticket I will get a steam key sent to me which I can activate on Steam.  But nothing actually changes to my store version is that right?

I can then activate the aircraft here using the key activation thingy.

Is this right?  Im a bit confused

SD

[edit]OK. Ive sent a support ticket. lets see what happens :)

Thanks for the help Silk [/edit]

SD

Edited by soupdragon

As, I understand it that was a one time deal and it has expired. I could be wrong but I don't think you can covert to STEAM anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

As, I understand it that was a one time deal and it has expired. I could be wrong but I don't think you can covert to STEAM anymore.

You are right on the money