Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

Thanks Jason, and everyone else busting your @!!'s to get this done!!! I for one appreciate everything you do!!!

I miss the multi-player community, price I pay for living in the sticks. Keep up the great work...

26 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Anyone who is running a modded game, remember to deselect your mods in JSGME before updating to avoid possible issues...

That would be ideal, but, my product is on Steam, and my games update automatically, So unless people in my situation have a 24 hour notice or something to disable mods for a pending patch, I am afraid we will have to do the ol uninstall, reinstall deal, if anything is broken or corrupted.

5 minutes ago, CastorTroy said:

That would be ideal, but, my product is on Steam, and my games update automatically, So unless people in my situation have a 24 hour notice or something to disable mods for a pending patch, I am afraid we will have to do the ol uninstall, reinstall deal, if anything is broken or corrupted.

You can disable Steam automatic updates per game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sneaksie said:

You can disable Steam automatic updates per game.

True. Just never have. I think I will. Good suggestion that I forgot about.

A comment on the campaign system:

Even with air-start it takes >10 minutes to reach the target area (at 8x speed). This means that even with time acceleration a mission will take half an hour or more.

It would be good to let the player start closer to the target area for those of us who like shorter missions (and have less time most days).

Apparently the update deleted all my scripted campaign progress. :(

Is there a way to get it back?

6 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

A comment on the campaign system:

Even with air-start it takes >10 minutes to reach the target area (at 8x speed). This means that even with time acceleration a mission will take half an hour or more.

It would be good to let the player start closer to the target area for those of us who like shorter missions (and have less time most days).

Only 2x speed works so 4x and 8x only work for qmb. Qmb is for shorter flights anyway.

Wasn't there an option to move waypoints if you were the Flight commander, thus making it quicker if you move the first waypoint closer?

19 minutes ago, Yankee_One said:

Can someone please tell how big the patch was?

TY

Mine was app 383 MB ( direct from 1CGS).

37 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Thanks for the update! Please try to improve the slowdowns in the career or make the option to even more reduce the number of the units

Missed this, thanks! I ll try it in the evening :

31. 'Rare' and 'medium' Career object intensity settings will result in better performance;

Mmm I thought I was seeing a little better performance ( fly on medium setting).

• Thanks 1

Great work once again!

Still curious about this item...

51. Added a system of external GUI dialogs that can be connected to a mission and interacted in it;

• Upvote 1

Good news. After one successful mission I was awarded all my missing Luftwaffe trinkets. For those unaware, the Luftwaffe career failed to trigger some medals and awards but did bestow later awards despite them being dependant upon the missing ones. Thank devs.

Thank you very much :) great job , I like to thank for the scripted campaign that came with Kuban map, just tried 3 missions and I really really liked it. 

You cant be serious in telling your customer, "live with it or leave" as it is an engine limitation.

Then lift that limitation please, you cant be satisfied with that result yourself, or dont you get that bug?

However, as Semor already noted, for a game 2018 this bug is not accepatble from a customer point of view.

You created a decent sim by hard and appreciated work, which looks great and in the meantime feels great but the strange aliasing effect of  planes infront of clouds produces "eye cancer" and stops me atm of playing

This effect happens to me at each angle of view.

The only solution is to turn off clouds at all for now.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

I just did encounter an AI FW190 over Stalingrad.

Mission was made in 3.002.

@1./JG42Nephris Wow, that's so ironic because interestingly enough... you don't see 99.99% of us whining about it.

Perfectly acceptable to me and many, many others because it isn't gamebreaking and is a limitation of the engine... Really pretty simple to put in perspective if you make even the slightest effort to do so.

Edited by Space_Ghost
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Bando said:

I just did encounter an AI FW190 over Stalingrad.

Mission was made in 3.002.

If you encounter it again, please exit the game and send the file data\Missions\_gen.mission to tech support or attach it to the post here.

• Thanks 1

Anyone knows what these mean?

Multiplayer:
41. Coop: mission timer setting added;

User Interface:
51. Added a system of external GUI dialogs that can be connected to a mission and interacted in it;
56. MCU_Icon text displays on the mission map correctly even if there is no icon image selected;

I tried to figure it out during testing but it eluded me.

19 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

@1./JG42Nephris Wow, that's so ironic because interestingly enough... you don't see 99.99% of us whining about it.

Perfectly acceptable to me and many, many others because it isn't gamebreaking and is a limitation of the engine... Really pretty simple to put in perspective if you make even the slightest effort to do so.

Yep same here, it is a limitation that has existed for quite some time. The new clouds in 3.001 may have made it more noticeable to some, but dang those clouds are gorgeous.

Not a deal breaker for me , as it does not affect the enjoyment I get out of flying combat - specifically the new Career, in this game.

And I have quite the number of hours in it since 3.001.

I focus much more on the terrain and the enemy aircraft.

Edited by dburne

3 hours ago, dburne said:

Wow, loading screen in VR  is sooo much better!

No more flashing screen, nice loading bar and smooth transition to the game.

I had to exit out just to come here and comment on it, awesome!

Thank you so much!!

I don't see the loading screen you refer to?

I still get the double vision OR fallback to steamVR with a blank title page due to FPS being too low to safely render. (I assume those that run from Steam would see the IL2 image)

2 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

I don't see the loading screen you refer to?

I still get the double vision OR fallback to steamVR with a blank title page due to FPS being too low to safely render. (I assume those that run from Steam would see the IL2 image)

Really?
I have a solid IL-2 loading screen image with a progress bar, whilst the game loads. Then it drops me into the hangar, no flashing at all.

Much more pleasant to see rather than the way it was for me.

Maybe it does not behave the same running from Steam? Perhaps others could chime in that are...

Edited by dburne

3 minutes ago, dburne said:

Really?
I have a solid IL-2 loading screen image with a progress bar, whilst the game loads. Then it drops me into the hangar, no flashing at all.

Much more pleasant to see rather than the way it was for me.

Maybe it does not behave the same running from Steam? Perhaps others could chime in that are...

Ive got the standalone client and don't see it. Odd.

16 minutes ago, KG200_Volker said:

Anyone knows what these mean?

Multiplayer:
41. Coop: mission timer setting added;

User Interface:
56. MCU_Icon text displays on the mission map correctly even if there is no icon image selected;

Re. #56 above, see this post.

4 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Ive got the standalone client and don't see it. Odd.

Very strange...

2 hours ago, BorysVorobyov said:

Awesome! I wasn't expecting this already! Great work guys! I'm going to start my career over again. Also the first Bodenplatte materials are coming next month? More great news!

Yeah, as they have shown us in the last DD it would most likely be the Spit IX and the 109 G14 at end of may.That´ll be great!  I´m wondering on which map we will be able to fly them. Bodenplatte map or the east front maps? 

Who have lost his progress in Scripted Campaigns - do not try to re-fly them. There is a chance that we will fix it soon.

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

We've already looked at it. That's just how they work. You  must think we're dense or something. If something is easy to change we change it.

Jason

Listen not to the 1% who you'll never please. Fantastic work so far Jason and you guys deserve much praise. You are very much appreciated and what a 1st class product you've produced. Best on the market. Period.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Just now, 1_Robert_ said:

Listen not to the 1% who you'll never please. Fantastic work so far Jason and you guys deserve much praise. You are very much appreciated and what a 1st class product you've produced. Best on the market. Period.

Thanks Robert and everyone else. All praise really does go to the team, not me. They do the really hard work. They really do work super hard on all aspects of this product and their results speak for themselves. After all these years of result after result I get tired of having to defend our work. It’s been a decade. We know what we’re doing and what’s possible or not.

Jason

• Like 5
  • Upvote 18

Looks like the clouds issue that many users have experienced was not addressed. Only reason I've not played more career is that most of the missions are low right among the clouds and my flight and enemies pretty much disappear for half the mission.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Space_Ghost said:

More likely to be the Spitfire, Fw 190 A-8 or Bf 109 G-14.

For the love of Mike, please not another plane we already have ... especially another 109!  Just sayin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

Hi DEVs ,

have a problem to install the update.

Client is downloaded. The installation bar screen appears and then it says  "FAILED TO UPDATE"

3.001 was running well.

Can i delete some update folders?

If yes wich of these folder.

BTW i have

win 10

Ryzen 7 CPU

32 Gig Ram at 3200

Right now I am d/l the up date.  What I have found in the past is to close out the operation restart my computer and then all is fine after restarting IL-2 .

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

For the love of Mike, please not another plane we already have ... especially another 109!  Just sayin. 

I don't have a late Spitfire, 190 A-8 or 109 G-14.

That being said - I'm looking forward to when I do.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

If you encounter it again, please exit the game and send the file data\Missions\_gen.mission to tech support or attach it to the post here.

OK, will do.

1 hour ago, Space_Ghost said:

I dont like this cloud problem, devs say they cant fix it so dont post about it, so how do you know thouse 99.99% are all people who dont mined it or who dont like it but dont post about it as devs said they cant fix it.

Atleast to eliminate this in SP for people who dont like to expiriance this in SP there should be option in realisam to turn off clouds in missions, i dont wont to play it like Sturm when airplanes disapear infront of clouds because of this problem, so atleast for SP there can be solution, just easy switch clouds on or off. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Great work once again!

Still curious about this item...

We had this functionality in ROF. We'll eventually have an SDK for it.

Jason

• Thanks 2

The game seems to run much smoother on medium density now, so thanks for this.

But I found an issue now with the AAR map, where I can't see my own kills marked as mine anymore since the patch, with the blue line around it.