LLv24_Veccu

Profitability of 1C Gaming Studios and 777 Studios

55 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_McKvack said:

Last time I checked, Luke wasn't producing IL-2 but I dont know, is there anything you are hiding from us Luke? :P 

LoL, no. :) I do continue, though, to work behind the scenes as an independent contractor for them, helping out where I can. My full-time employer actually is a German company. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Its not so important on the 1C/777 scale, but the big business (and also with all the other big actor in the world) transparency is good thing for the humanity in the long run.

Lets be honest once again, or is it synonym of stupidity nowadays when everything is marketing. Damm wolkswagen...

If they are doing well at the moment, they could take some time now to polish the game and fix some bugs. Im not investor, but i support them by buying the product. And i hope they think i and us customers are important, and would share some word with us time to time. Especially when something is makeing a big fuzz.

The Developer Diaries have been a good means for keeping us in the loop of what has been going on inside the Il2 series development.  We did thought just come through a large release which included a big update for existing products as well as new content.  Throw that in with Easter and well, be a little patient and I am sure communication will flow again.

Transparency is important though, now days more than ever but that also requires level headedness in the response from customers and not for people to get on their pedal stools and start making demands.  We see enough of this infantile behaviour in the Geo-political world and it is a very bad thing.  In the age of instant communication, sometimes taking a step back and digesting information is required.  Time to let it sink in )).:)

• Upvote 2

@ OP  as topic seems to be going OT, do you think Finland's relationship with Sweden will ever improve? :happy:

51 minutes ago, sop said:

@ OP  as topic seems to be going OT, do you think Finland's relationship with Sweden will ever improve? :happy:

Why on earth would it need to?  Back to common sense :biggrin:

• Like 1

This thread is going OTC. We are all shareholders. Each of us owns at least one share aka one game. I have three shares BOS, BOM, BOK. I hope to have more in the future.

Maybe if I buy multiple BOSes and BOKs I may become a big shareholder.

Jason you should organize a big General Assembly for shareholders. All the owner of at least one game are eligible. That would be fantastic meeting. 

My message to you all, buy shares continue buying shares. :-) 

I think with the  ambition and updates that they are providing the future looks more than fine for this Sim

I did wonder what would happen if the studio closed. Would everyone be locked out of the software they bought because  of the necessity to be online to use it? 

Edited by Mysticpuma

I see the meaning of the term "shareholder" is confusing to some.

9 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I see the meaning of the term "shareholder" is confusing to some.

Yup. There really isn't any ambiguity over the term. It is legally defined. You own shares in a company, you are a shareholder. You don't, you aren't. 

I don't consider myself an "investor"! I (we?) am a customer - the niche, informed and demanding one but that is it. My only duty is to afford some $$ and the developers' is to develop, preferably on time... Pre-orders are nothing more than mutually convenient scheme to help finance the process.

Edited by Ehret

2 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

Yup. There really isn't any ambiguity over the term. It is legally defined. You own shares in a company, you are a shareholder. You don't, you aren't. 

True. The term that should be used is "stakeholder".   

"A stakeholder is a party that has an interest in a company and can either affect or be affected by the business. The primary stakeholders in a typical corporation are its investors, employees, customers and suppliers."

• Upvote 1

If you want to call yourself a 'stakeholder' in 1C-777, fine, go ahead. A fancy term that doesn't tell you anything useful that you don't already know

Anyway, I think this thread is just about done. We aren't going to see the developer's accounts, because they aren't obliged to show us them, and any speculation about how well they are doing is just that: speculation. I'd guess that they aren't on the verge of collapse, given the future plans they've discussed, and I'd be rather surprised if they were making huge profits, given the lack of competition in the WW2 air combat sim market (if there was easy money to be made, the big players in game development would be all over it), so I'm going to assume that they are going to carry on as they are, and that I'll be a customer for future products as and when they come. Which is good enough for me.  I don't have a lot of dosh to spend on luxuries, but value for money wise BoX ain't bad. 

On 4/14/2018 at 9:54 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

The level of entitlement and absurdity is reaching new highs.

Why can't someone just delete this thread already. Good grief. 

• Thanks 1

Since any company not profitable goes out of business, its self evident that 1C-777 is profitable. Full stop. Period. 

well its profitable for love youre too maerialistic :)