Fang333333

We NEED to be able to revive killed career campaigns!!!!

1 hour ago, hames123 said:

Or, OR, you could just face the reality that death happens in a war, and take advantage of the fact that you can always take control of a new pilot and try again.

You are right. But only in theory.

The fact that we have an iron man mode trumps your argument. The whole existance of it is to give us the 'death = end of campaign' experience. If we want to.

The OP clearly stated that he didn't want to go iron man, but is still facing the permanent end of his campaign after dying under certain circumstances.

Seems like a rather legit and reasonable complaint to me and definitely nothing that deserves 'get used to it' style answers.

Edited by Fritz_X

21 minutes ago, Fritz_X said:

You are right. But only in theory.

The fact that we have an iron man mode trumps your argument. The whole existance of it is to give us the 'death = end of campaign' experience. If we want to.

The OP clearly stated that he didn't want to go iron man, but is still facing the end of his campaign after dying under certain circumstances.

Seems like a rather legit an reasonable complaint to me and definitely nothing that deserves 'get used to it' style answers.

I agree. Iron Man should be the only mode where you, the player, are unable to resurrect your in game alter ego. In all other settings, realism scale high or low, you should be able to resurrect your alter ego. And if there are circumstances present where you are denied the possibility of resurrection this should be fixed IMHO. As a temporary workaround, as already mentioned, you can either edit the career database (cp.db) or continously backup the file after every flight to copy it back into the game folder may need arise.

I'm just glad we have options. I'm the kind of gamer who is quite pleased with the inclusion of an official ironman mode, but that doesn't mean it is the only way to play. Elitism is bad.

• Upvote 1

actually shouldnt be iron man mode the one in which you dont die?

i mean if youre made of iron...

and why not steel, superman is the man of steel not iron

iron man is guy in the technoarmor

edit btw you could get into trouble with marvel for using th term ironman  i hope a % of the profits of the game go to marvel

from now on im A

i sell art under the brand of A

a is my name and A is my brand logo designed by me which stands for going half way forever in the path to infinity never reaching it

my friends call my A A is my brand

777 gets away from this but any brand who uses my brand A should pay royalties

Edited by raaaid
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, raaaid said:

actually shouldnt be iron man mode the one in which you dont die?

i mean if youre made of iron...

No.

Iron Man is a metaphor , basically noting one has to be tough as iron to have the guts to fly in Iron Man Mode, meaning if you die , well your dead hence Career over.

Edited by dburne

1 hour ago, raaaid said:

from now on im A

i sell art under the brand of A

a is my name and A is my brand logo designed by me which stands for going half way forever in the path to infinity never reaching it

my friends call my A A is my brand

777 gets away from this but any brand who uses my brand A should pay royalties

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, if what the OP says is true, it would definitely be nice to have this fixed.  I’ve been playing with iron man mode on, but if I wanted to play with it off, I would certainly be upset to lose my career.

I appreciate Iron Man Mode, however sometimes it feels there are some instances (like being shot by my wingman) that just happen too often.  Not sure how much longer I’ll run it, or perhaps run two careers concurrently, one with, and one without.

1 hour ago, Brizzly said:

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, if what the OP says is true, it would definitely be nice to have this fixed.  I’ve been playing with iron man mode on, but if I wanted to play with it off, I would certainly be upset to lose my career.

I appreciate Iron Man Mode, however sometimes it feels there are some instances (like being shot by my wingman) that just happen too often.  Not sure how much longer I’ll run it, or perhaps run two careers concurrently, one with, and one without.

I do not have Iron Man checked, but I self enforce it when I am flying the Career. I am on like my 5th Career now.

Only reason I do it this way, is if something crazy happens and I feel justified in re-flying the mission. But if I am shot down and it is legit, or if I stupidly crash my plane into the ground and not survive, then  I end that Career.