Bearcat

Dogs.. Whose got em?

picassopup.jpg

Picasso the puppy.. @ 3 months

100_1255.jpg

After 18 months..

100_1262.jpg

100_1258.jpg

Moxie.. Mox was a rescue dog.. he must have been abused pretty bad because he is still very skittish.. but he is very smart and a real attention w#ore.. He needs CONSTANT petting.. but he's a good dog. He was about 3 when we got him.. we have had him for a little over a year..

100_1282.jpg

Picasso is an Airedale Terrier.. and Mox is an Airedale/Schnouzer mix.. 

i had a cat rather them to dogs i love their independence and silent love :)

edit:

i cant avoid to say that a woman who studied with me had the bottom of the eye green just like this:

100_1255.jpg

Edited by raaaid

There is just something about puppies...  Thanks..

I hate dogs. Every day I walk around to a constant symphony of barking, yelping and growling. Loathsome cur's drive me bonkers.

BUT-Im trying to get around it. Wife loves them and wants one for the kid. need a breed thats good around cats and kids and not small.

Thinking aussi shepards.

Airedales are great dogs.. and quiet as it is kept so are Pit Bulls... My wife got the younger one because she had one as a kid and at the time I think she just wanted something... and it translated into a dog in her brain.. and an Airedale in particular.. They dont shed as much as other dogs and are very smart.. Picasso weights about 80lbs now I think.. he's a big boy..

I'd love to get a dog, but the wife-unit and me are a bit opposed as to what kind of dog it should be. She wanted a small, somewhat docile beast, although her idea of a docile beast was a Jack Russel Terrier, which is one of the few dogs out there that simply does NOT have impulse-control. At all. It's a 120% zammagawdsBALL!!! type of creature.

I'd love to get a Rottweiler or a Rhodesian Ridgeback, but the problem with both is that they're not exactly small dogs, and they require a lot of time, dedication, money and not to mention space put into them. And while I have the money and dedication for it, I don't have the time nor the space.

One day, though...

My daughter has a Rhodesian Ridgeback .. great dogs .. Very smart.. very affectionate..

My daughter has a Rhodesian Ridgeback .. great dogs .. Very smart.. very affectionate..

Us Rhodesians are undeniably smart.......and the dogs can kill a lion.

Over at the Dangerdogz we have quite a few strange muts....as you can see below from our small tour last year outside the Jackdaw pub (as used in the Battle of Britain film) at Capel Le Ferne and with a BBMF Spitfire at a secret location (aka TG Aviation, Manston)

Salute DD_Friar

www.dangergogz.com

post-2745-0-07987700-1357057696_thumb.jpg

post-2745-0-54611100-1357057796_thumb.jpg

post-2745-0-86001700-1357057916_thumb.jpg

Edited by DD_Friar

I have a two year-old Ridgie.  She is a great dog.  Very affectionate, well behaved and quiet.  I'd certainly recommend them as a breed.  I am at home with her most of the time, though, which probably cuts down on potential behaviour problems.  Only thing against them is that they are very strong - my kids would struggle to walk her safely on the lead.

Oh, and they don't kill lions - they were bred to hunt down the lion and then keep it at bay until the chap with the rifle turns up.

I have a two year-old Ridgie.  She is a great dog.  Very affectionate, well behaved and quiet.  I'd certainly recommend them as a breed.  I am at home with her most of the time, though, which probably cuts down on potential behaviour problems.  Only thing against them is that they are very strong - my kids would struggle to walk her safely on the lead.

Oh, and they don't kill lions - they were bred to hunt down the lion and then keep it at bay until the chap with the rifle turns up.

Sure thats what they were bred to do, I'm not saying they were bred to kill the lion, I just said they 'can' kill a lion, not individually but a pair of them can, I was born in Zambia (formerly Northern Rhodesia) so I guess I have heard more about these things.

Just another example of someone being overwhelmed with the need to 'correct' me

p.s. Friar, you could have found a better photo of me........

Edited by bongodriver

need a breed thats good around cats and kids and not small.

This is the best kind of dog for small children;

34200610302dog11.jpg

My dog Molly when she was about nine months old. She never really got the stay off the furniture thing. Dumber than a stump, but very good natured. She hasn't got much smarter with age but she's still a sweet dog.

Picture009_zpsf2c93333.jpg

I used to have 3 dogs and countless cats, they're all either dead or didn't come home anymore.

I still love those fourfeeters a lot but too much sadness involved when you have to say goodbey to them one day so I decided to call it quits for keeping pets.

~S~

I used to have 3 dogs and countless cats, they're all either dead or didn't come home anymore.

I still love those fourfeeters a lot but too much sadness involved when you have to say goodbey to them one day so I decided to call it quits for keeping pets.

~S~

The loss of a pet is always hard. I've so far lost two dogs to old age, and four cats to either cancer, diabetes or bad vets). It's never easy, and it hurt to let them go every single time.

What I do is to try to remember the good times while they were in my care, and try not to dwell too much on the bad moments.

My friend Dave as a puppy

DSC_0183.jpg

And now more recently...

DSC_0149.jpg

My family has had two dogs so far.

First we had a fawn pug who was just gigantic as pugs go. Not fat (at least not until he got really old :P ) just massive.

I've moved away but my parents have another pug now, a black one. He's got pancreas issues and has been eating meals of real roasted chicken, potatoes, and spinach among other things to help. That dog probably has a better diet than I do. He's starting to have leg problems though, or hip issues. Having trouble with stairs and the cold.

I'd love to have a dog myself. A labrador like Bonkin's 'Dave' would be great. But I don't have the space or the time to give a dog right now. I just couldn't leave a dog at home all day while my wife and I work and we don't have a yard to let him out in or anything like that. I can't stand to see people who own dogs and just keep them couped up all the time and don't give them the attention they need. Drives me crazy.

Sure thats what they were bred to do, I'm not saying they were bred to kill the lion, I just said they 'can' kill a lion, not individually but a pair of them can, I was born in Zambia (formerly Northern Rhodesia) so I guess I have heard more about these things.

Just another example of someone being overwhelmed with the need to 'correct' me

p.s. Friar, you could have found a better photo of me........

With regard to the dogs, I'm only going by what I've read, and can't argue with first-hand knowledge.  What's this about a photo, though?

I had a black Labrador when I was about 10 his name was Winston.  I used to walk him every day.  We would go into the woods and all over.  He used to roll in horse poop and then he would stink and I would have to hose him down.  He went missing one day when I was about 13.  The coal man found my dog and left a message on the answering machine and I rang him back.  Turns out the way he found it was running it over with his wagon. The coal man asked us if we wanted to pick up the remains.  We said no...

:(

Edited by 5./JG27Farber

My dog is a pug. Her name is Ogi. She is so good.DSC00696-1_zps9c5dccd7.jpg

LOL... she looks like she is saying... "You want this!! You know you want this!!!" ROFLMAO!!

LOL... she looks like she is saying... "You want this!! You know you want this!!!" ROFLMAO!!

:mellow:  :huh: :o  :unsure:  :wacko:  

:P

Shes a staffordshire bull terrier and has a good nature as well but she always wants to play :)