Jump to content
Porkins

Fearless Prediction

Recommended Posts

One day, far in the future. IL-2 Battle of Suez.

 

A 50s planeset to die for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Whatever Pacific theatre we get, I hope it comes with the F2A-1, it's such a cutie!

And the B-239! :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

And the B-239! :)

 

Of course! If we ever return to the eastern front, I would love to see Finland. Fokker D.XXIs, SB-2Ms, Hurricanes, G.50s...

 

As far as I remember, the B-239's modifications were removing all the naval hooks to save weight, replacing the guns with Finnish built equivelants, and making the instrument panels metric? That sounds simple enough to do as a modification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Whatever Pacific theatre we get, I hope it comes with the F2A-1, it's such a cutie!

 

The PTO shouldn't be needed for that... The FAF had some Buffalos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Royal_Flight said:

 

TL;DR - Italian theatre would be good. 

My sentiment exactly. Plus we already have Tank Crew content which promotes ground combat and even if you can do ground ops in pacific, imo it`s not about that but carrier warfare.

 

My (crazy) guess is that the dev team already knows that Pacific is not doable with same quality as BoK, otherwise why make a ground combat Europe-based expansion? For me it implicates staying in the West for the forseeable future.

 

That said, if the market for pacific based flightsims is much larger than Europe based, I`d surely go for that ASAP. I have little to no interest about it although going for the biggest market out there is a no-brainer imo.  I`d imagine that Jason does know exactly what consumer potential pacific has (or doesn`t?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy is highly likely.  A new map and sub variants of existing aircraft. 

 

*yawn*

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go also for Italy next, posted here my proposal month ago:

"I would go for Battle of Anzio , small map like this for example:

 

around 340-420km 1:1 scale

 

https://ibb.co/k6nFyS

 

 

Half is sea and tarain is interesting to fly over with all hills and mountains, and you could do few 43-44 operations on it.

 

And this planset:

 

RE.2002 Serie II ( bombs and torpedo)
M.C.205V Serie III (bombs, droptanks)
SM.79bis (bombs and torpedo)
Do-217K ( bombs, Fritz-X guided bombs, Hs 293 guided rockets)
G.55 Serie I (Colectable, torpedo, bombs)

 

Seafire LF Mk.III (droptank, bombs)
Hurricane Mk.IV ( rockets, bombs, 40mm gunpods)
B-26C-25 (bombs )
P-51C-10 (droptank, bombs ) or Spitfire Mk.VIII (droptank, bombs)
Mosquito B Mk.IV (colectable, bombs)"

 

And still think that would give interesting options with airplanes we would already have, and would be oportunity to avoid repet of 109&190 for axis all the time, and give some requested airplanes to game, with some new and interesting weapon options. 

Call it Battle of Rome, if that would make more buzz, but on that map area you could do some interesting operations.

Not mutch repeting types, you can even go for A-36 insted P-51C, and you get some carriers ops with landings on Salerno or Anzio.

And if it comes after some PTO you would already have F4Fs to use on it also.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mac_Messer said:

My (crazy) guess is that the dev team already knows that Pacific is not doable with same quality as BoK, otherwise why make a ground combat Europe-based expansion? For me it implicates staying in the West for the forseeable future.

Right now I have no reason to believe something like this is (going to be) the case.

Should it however, chance are minimal for me to reconcile further support with my conscience - for more than just not getting Pacific.

But again, right now there is no indication for something like this. If they need support (gathering information) I'm positive there are people willing to provide for, incl. myself.

Moreover, Asiatic-Pacific-Theatre doesn't exclusively equate to aircraft carriers - in fact they are only a portion of the overall picture. There was more than enough ground combat as well.

That's not at all an argument not to cover this Theatre.

 

 

12 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

It's been talked about on forums forever, but of course no developer has ever tackled it since all developers to date have a desire for continued existence.

5 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Not really true.

Luftwaffe Commander did the Spanish Civil War back in the 90s. In fact, that game had an impressive and very varied set of AI planes for its time.

That’s of course not an argument for making a SCW sim today, even though I personally think it would be awesome. Most likely it wouldn’t be financially viable.

What gives you guys that idea? Especially keeping in mind "Rise of Flight" was a success, why shouldn't the transition period be?

Well, I agree it doesn't feature catchwords like Spitfire, Mustang, Bf 109 - oh wait a moment...
Planeset in my opinion isn't going to be the problem, in fact it holds many possibilities. Especially Soviet supplied Republican aircraft can also be largely reused in Eastern Front scenarios.

 

 

21 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

 

The A 24 was quickly withdrawn from Army use as it was unable to sustain the operational tempo of a prolonged land campaign.

19 hours ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

They were also withdrawn due to high losses suffered in combat over New Guinea. SBD was a great dive bomber and especially excelled in flights from aircraft carriers. But its ability to carry infantry support was not near as good as Army wanted. 

A-24 wasn't the star of the USAAF, neither was it as important to the overall campaign like other types of aircraft were, but it participated.  
Nothing I have to have, but many like the Dauntless, so why not also giving them the Army version if we get a SBD with Midway first for example - it should be a modification then.

8th Bomb. Sq had to run the gauntlet in a manner not too different from VT-8 - just not as publicly well known.

 

5 hours ago, Royal_Flight said:

 ...

P-47B against G4M2s over Port Moresby fits better than flying the same G4M2 against a column of advancing Shermans in winter in the Ardennes. 

...

And to play devil's advocate for a moment, an IJAAF plane set for a Solomons release could also fit New Guinea, Burma and China in much the same way. 

...

P-47 D and G4M1*
Also P-47 arrived way after the main campaign against Port Moresby was conducted. But I also want both, Thunderbolt and Betty.
IJAAF involvement in Solomon campaign was really limited - New Guinea on the other hand properly provides for both, IJNAF and IJAAF.

 

 

5 hours ago, Royal_Flight said:

A partial list has Mc.200 used by the Italian at Stalingrad, Re.2000 and Cr.42 used by the Hungarians, G.50 used by the Finns and the G.55, Re.2005 and Mc.205 being used by the ANR after the split of Italy which allows this set to have relevance all the way up to the cessation of hostilities. 

 

The Allied set can also fit BoBo, a notional Normandy release, a Pacific theatre and could just about squeeze into a hypothetical Operation Torch or Channel Battles '42. 

Much like you can fly an I-16 over Kuban and no-one bats an eyelid, ...

I like the idea of mainland Italy, featuring many Regia Aeronautica assets for most of the Luftwaffe ones are already there. Also I like the idea of providing them aircraft usable with multiple scenarios - it's just not going to work. Yes, CR. 42 maybe for night harassment, but not MC.200 or G.50 unfortunately.

You may remember my Italy 1944 proposal in this thread:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33757-operation-avalanche-and-so-on/?do=findComment&comment=570072

 

Edited by =27=Davesteu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

I would go also for Italy next, posted here my proposal month ago:

"I would go for Battle of Anzio , small map like this for example:

 

around 340-420km 1:1 scale

 

https://ibb.co/k6nFyS

 

 

Half is sea and tarain is interesting to fly over with all hills and mountains, and you could do few 43-44 operations on it.

 

And this planset:

 

RE.2002 Serie II ( bombs and torpedo)
M.C.205V Serie III (bombs, droptanks)
SM.79bis (bombs and torpedo)
Do-217K ( bombs, Fritz-X guided bombs, Hs 293 guided rockets)
G.55 Serie I (Colectable, torpedo, bombs)

 

Seafire LF Mk.III (droptank, bombs)
Hurricane Mk.IV ( rockets, bombs, 40mm gunpods)
B-26C-25 (bombs )
P-51C-10 (droptank, bombs ) or Spitfire Mk.VIII (droptank, bombs)
Mosquito B Mk.IV (colectable, bombs)"

 

And still think that would give interesting options with airplanes we would already have, and would be oportunity to avoid repet of 109&190 for axis all the time, and give some requested airplanes to game, with some new and interesting weapon options, cal it Battle of Rome if that would make more buzz, but on that map area you could do some interesting operations. Not mutch repeting types You can even go for A-36 insted P-51C, and you get some carriers opswith landings on Salerno or Anzio. And if it comes after some PTO you would already have F4Fs o use on it also.

 

Or Battle of Monte Casino if you want a famous name. I mused about this idea a while back and thought it would make a great expansion, visiting the Med without stepping on CloD's toes. Could replace the B-26 with an A-20G to save the devs some effort.

 

I wonder though, how numerous were all those Italian planes at this point in the war?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not many of late ones, but i think they would have to just go for something new and differant as if you go by numbers you would have 109g4-g6s and 190a4-5s insted of mc205s and g55s, and i dont belive you would be coming back to do other italy so just go for all italian fighters as you already have late and early german airplanes covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =27=Davesteu said:

Right now I have no reason to believe something like this is (going to be) the case.

Should it however, chance are minimal for me to reconcile further support with my conscience - for more than just not getting Pacific.

But again, right now there is no indication for something like this. If they need support (gathering information) I'm positive there are people willing to provide for, incl. myself.

Moreover, Asiatic-Pacific-Theatre doesn't exclusively equate to aircraft carriers - in fact they are only a portion of the overall picture. There was more than enough ground combat as well.

That's not at all an argument not to cover this Theatre.

 

With all due respect, my understanding is that if the devs had the merithorical support you said they have, pacific would have been already a thing.

 

And I`m not implying there are pro-ground war argument against including pacific. On this forum alone, knowledgeable folks already presented a slew of ideas of operations that would make pacific both viable and tactical (ie. fast).

 

Final point is money. If there are 100.000 Yurpeans wanting BoK but not interested in pacific and 1.000.000 Yanks/Aussies/Kiwis/Japanese/Chinese that would buy pacific, then it is obvious that pacific should be made ASAP - that is just simple marketing logic. Whether that sentence is anywhere true though, is what I`m questioning.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mac_Messer said:

.

My (crazy) guess is that the dev team already knows that Pacific is not doable with same quality as BoK, otherwise why make a ground combat Europe-based expansion? For me it implicates staying in the West for the forseeable future.

 

If only that information was not only available, but repeated in multiple threads including this one, thereby eliminating the need for  "crazy" guesses. If only....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

Not many of late ones, but i think they would have to just go for something new and differant as if you go by numbers you would have 109g4-g6s and 190a4-5s insted of mc205s and g55s, and i dont belive you would be coming back to do other italy so just go for all italian fighters as you already have late and early german airplanes covered.

 

I completely agree, a great opportunity to introduce some much needed variety into the axis roster. I was just curious.

 

Though that said, this is largely academic for now. Maybe Italy after the Pacific eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mac_Messer said:

 

With all due respect, my understanding is that if the devs had the merithorical support you said they have, pacific would have been already a thing.

 

 

 

Edit: I get what you're trying to say now - you sent me to the dictionary with that one before I realized the misspelling.

That said - no the required research was not as easily obtainable as hoped - thus Bodenplatte to fill the gap.

 

 

Edited by Gambit21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mac_Messer said:

Whether that sentence is anywhere true though, is what I`m questioning.

 

I don't believe thats true.  I'm a euro and I felt a frisson of disappointment when they announced the delay to the Pacific theatre.  

 

Quite simply; if they build it good, they will come..........as long as its not all this hipster Spanish civil war/crap plane scenerio:P

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...