Talon_

HOW TO SAVE A BROKEN CAREER (automission start failed, mission save error, statsubmitstatfailed)

Hi all ....

A few weeks back late one night my career pilot was KIA and while closing the game after the death I saved him as dead. He is now listed as Pilot Killed and I really want to get him resurrected as I had spent months on the career.

I have tried the date change (prior to and after) as per above however it has had no effect.

Can someone advise on what else I should be looking for?

Thanks. @Talon_

Had the same issue on 2 campaigns. This solved the problem for me. Both instances of this problem happened after the latest update (3.005).

I also had the same issue with 2 campaigns on the BOK map.  Saved the campaigns and I am now able continue.

20 hours ago, Taxman said:

I also had the same issue with 2 campaigns on the BOK map.  Saved the campaigns and I am now able continue.

Now have a new issue.  When I go into my career's none will work, in order to get out of the career screen I must use the Task Manager to end the program.  I will be able to look at this later this evening.

32 minutes ago, Taxman said:

When I go into my career's none will work, in order to get out of the career screen I must use the Task Manager to end the program.

That's exactly what happened to me. The Task Manager is hard work as well because the PC doesn't like it when the game is in Fullscreen Mode as well!! I abandoned that mission and only have one running now and, so far... fingers crossed!! I'll just carry on with this one and see what happens...

Oh man hope the developer will  fix this, its really bad and frustrating. Will not buy the Bodenplatte because of this sorry 😕

Thanks a lot for your post, fix and help! Now my carrer continues!

It´s great!

Best wishes

Thank you so much, you have saved my career which I was about 40% into the realistic version before the bug showed up. I tried what you suggested as well, seeing if I could skip the stuck mission by assigning it to another pilot but it just crashed to the main screen. i was stuck on the last mission I flew and couldn't get past it, I thought all was lost, all that toil and trouble, the days and days of recording and editing all for nothing. But I was put onto your solution, followed your steps and now I have just pushed the career 2 days forward :) Brilliant, just BRILLIANT !! Thank you again and again 👍🍺

With this tool, is it possible to work around a completed career? Ive just completed a career on Stalingrad that I've played since Moscow. I can't prolong to Kuban because of a bug of some sort. I get a grey blank screen when i try to prolong and i really want to keep this career going in battle of Kuban. I tried this tool to set the date back to before the last day of the unit at Stalingrad. That worked fine but the campaign is still shown as completed and is just still moving to 1943.02.02... Is there a way to delete "battle completed" and try to get back a few days before the last day. I want to try to transfer to another unit and prolong from that unit whereas i am in jg 51 with collector plane and i dont know why but i think that might have something to do with it:S...