0226dirt_patch

Program Not Responding On Launch

I know I have seen a few different posts on different forums  but I thought it might be beneficial to post this just in case anyone else ends up having the problem.

To be clear, this is for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad.

Upon launching from either the desktop shortcut or Steam, the IL-2 icon would pop up on the task bar and nothing would happen. When I right click and try to close the program I would get a "program not responding" pop up. 

After hunting on the internet I did find some people having the same issues and they were saying shutting down the Nvidia Game Experience or the MSI Afterburner or MSI Gaming App fixed their issue. I tried that and was unsuccessful. 

I ended up going through my whole task manager and shutting down unessential programs one by one and trying to boot the game in between. After a little bit of trial and error I found that shutting down everything associated with a program called Nahimic would allow for launching IL-2. There are five backround processes that start on boot that are labeled with "Nahimic" - I believe it was installed when I was installed drivers for my MSI Pro Carbon Z270 motherboard.

There's nothing more frustrating than buying a game and not being able to launch it, so I hope this is able to help someone!

• Thanks 1

Glad I could help! I spent quite a few days pulling my hair out on this one. Wanted to try to save anyone else from having to do the same thing!