No145_Bunny

Tangmere Pilots - Join us now for the chance to fly 190s in a new campaign

Attention all Mig and I16 pilots, your assistance is required to help stem the flow of the enemy advance on Moscow.

Our defence starts in January 2019. Want to help us ? 

Join up now, pass the 4 OTU flights and become a valued member of our squadron. We want new and advanced pilots whatever your skills. The best fun you can have on a Sunday night......

Bunster 

Edited by No145_Bunny

Make it your New Years resolution to fly a Mig or an I16 in the Tangmere Pilot's latest campaign:- Zashchita Moskvy (Defence of Moscow).

New pilots required, come and join us!

Bunster

Recent Ops mission brief from our new campaign.

Would you like to fly in these exciting "hand built" and unique missions every Sunday night ? Click RECRUITMENT and change your virtual life forever!

Zashchita Moskvy - mission 02
09.30 - 26 December 1941

Mig-3 Squadron/27IAP Khimki airfield.
I-16 Squadron/27IAP Vnukovo airfield.

BRIEFING
Comrades our Christmas present to the enemy is their defeat and our victorious capture of Naro-Fominsk [Grid 1920-3] a key city with rail and road links to the West.
Our advance is currently stalled as engineers need to repair the road bridges blown by the escaping German forces. We need to provide air cover to the troop s building up on the approaches to the city transport bridge repair teams for at least 45 min.

Mig 3 Squadron Depart Khimki fly at 5,000m via Zvenigorod and patrol over Naro-Fominsk. Intercept any bombers before they can bomb our ground troops to the east of the city.
I-16 Squadron Depart Vnukovo fly at 2000m and patrol the main roads in the zone west of Naro-Fominsk. Bomb and strafe any areas of resistance spotted. Once bombs are used provide close cover for the bridging engineers in case of low level attacks by fighter-bombers. Recon Units are operating and will send messages to assist.

INTELLIGENCE:-
We expect the enemy air power is struggling to operate in the cold temperatures nevertheless they are still determined and experienced.
I-16s should maintain as a minimum half their force to protect the engineers at any one time.
If needed the MiGs can drop altitude once their main objective is completed.

METEOROLOGICAL REPORT:-
Clear and cold. Winds 4-7m/s from the North. Temperature -17.

SIGNALS:-
MiG Sqn 27 IAP - Zyablik (Finch)
I-16 Sqn 27 IAP – Yastreb (Hawk)

AIRCRAFT:-
I-16
Skin: TP Personal BoM 2b campaign skin.
Arming: One-piece windscreen, 2x ShVAK, 2x FAB100; 100% Fuel
Mig-3
Skin: TP Personal BoM 2b campaign skin.
Arming: 2x ShVAK, 100% Fuel
MISSION SUCCESS:
1MP for each squadron if the repaired bridge is intact after RTB message
I-16s 1MP for locating and destroying 2 enemy trenched positions
MiG-3s 1 MP for shooting down 2 confirmed bomber kills

Same we as II/JG11 are ready to join as Luftwaffe German time zone London +1 waiting for pm

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

Hi SCG and II/JG11

it isn’t a pvp campaign but pve, so we’re not looking for opposition but for new members. 

But it might be a giggle to have a dogfight match one Friday though. We could arrange something on a small map with balanced planesets. 

pm me if you’re up for something like that and we can try and work it out. 

von Tom

Indeed - if we know numbers we can craft a few co-op missions for that purpose or, indeed, try one or two of the ones we already have. Let me know if you need anything done, Tom.

Edited by TP_Silk

It used to be a popular format in Il2 1946. USL style

202609939_TPbanner.thumb.jpg.6c89cef939485acb3a98a7ada8ea3b69.jpg

PROPWASH

FEBUARY 2, 2019

We're knee deep into the Defense of Moscow Campaign with the fifth mission tomorrow.  A dozen MiG pilots and a dozen I-16 drivers will patrol vital railway lines and protect the supply trains from a Luftwaffe desperate to hinder the Soviet Winter Counter-Attack driving their troops helter-skelter back from gates of Moscow.  Low ceilings won't deter either side and it will mean they'll be upon us almost before we see them.  Our I-16s were designed for this but my MiG was born for high altitude.  Yet all we want is cannon shells and a German aircraft to kill.  At this height no one's bailing.  That's okay.  

One short excerpt from a recent mission.  Tasked with patrolling we spotted contrails in the winter sky and rolled in below a formation of Stukas, a lucky thing given their defensive gunner's arc of fire. 

690213283_DoM0301.thumb.jpg.745866318fafcf859c653d436356a963.jpg

I lit up the tail-end Charlie with hits on the tail, engine and wing but had to break off when another MiG [lower left] crossed into my line of fire. 

1403555093_DoM0302.thumb.jpg.cd6338521368df257d9a1a988afec0d5.jpg

I damaged a second Stuka but that one too was finished by another pilot.  

I saw movement down low and swept down where it was still dark and caught a third Stuka in a dive. 

1820878589_DoM0304.thumb.jpg.ae389b3bb4e1e35dfca310eae8fd4a6f.jpg

1564500014_DoM0305.thumb.jpg.5abdb1624eef59f8520a3ec425afed31.jpg1316477546_DoM0307.thumb.jpg.04a176cf034f34cc48d388b08183aea5.jpg

(we don't have icons during missions.  my IL2 recording adds them in and I forgot to remove it from the Stuka death scene).

The last Stuka damaged my engine.  The MiG commander diverted me to the alternate landing field but the engine packed it in early.  Thankfully, the snow-covered field I chose was smooth and I glided in without damaging the MiG.

During that mission our MiGs fought Stukas, 109s, and 110s back at home.  The I-16s dropped their bombs on ground targets, fought off 109s and shot up a flight of Ju-52s.

I flew military and this group would fit in well with real-life squadrons.  It's a blast to take off at our respective airports, form up, fly out, engage, reform, engage again, reform, using communication discipline and discrete channels for I-16 and MiG [and Pe-2 when applicable]. 

Check out our website at http://www.tangmerepilots.co.uk/ and come join us in the sky.

Sparky

Pilot Officer, Press Officer

1833889784_TPBannersmall.jpg.873df36f0012aeb347746486f276e3b4.jpg

Edited by TP_Sparky

Good description of the mission Sparky 😁

I had a similar result to you, but did manage to make it to the emergency airfield gliding and land dead stick as I had just enough height to do it. A real sense of satisfaction when you manage to get to a safe base and land the aircraft intact and in one piece - even without an engine 😱

Bump for Tangmere !

More pilots required for our Mig and I16 Squadrons.....

Edited by No145_Bunny

5 hours ago, No145_Bunny said:

Bump for Tangmere !

More pilots required for our Mig and I16 Squadrons.....

The current campaign is due to last until approximately Easter. After that the plan is that we will most likely have a campaign from either side involving the collapse of the Goth's Head Line along the Taman' Peninsula in late Summer/Autumn 1943.

Now would be a great time to join.  You'll finish your OTU flights and settle in before our next campaign where we'll strap on FW-190A5 and late model 109s to defend the crumbling Goth's Head Line as Silk described.  After fifteen of so weeks with the Luftwaffe we'll probably mount La-5FN Series 2 fighters to drive the fascist invaders from the Kuban. 

After that there should be options in NW Europe in 1944/45 and Bodenplatte!  

I would love to fly I16s or Migs for you but I already have a squadron (56sqn) and after flying for decades (I even flew for a Tangmere Wing right back in Warbirds:was that you?) I don't want to change squads just to end up in OTU again.   If you ever run a special event with human opponents and need Reds I am sure I can get you six pilots.

4 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I would love to fly I16s or Migs ... I don't want to change squads just to end up in OTU again.   If you ever run a special event with human opponents and need Reds I am sure I can get you six pilots.

OTU is just four short sessions to make sure we're a good fit for you and you're a good fit for us.  New people are challenged with leadership sooner rather than later.  You might check us out and maybe your buddies might be a good fit as well.

I don't know about the old days.  One of the crusty graybeards can answer that.  We MIGHT have potential for squad v. squad on Friday nights.  We have one of thse in the works but it's for guys that used to fly together back in the day.  I'll ask Tom.

Seriously, you might want to check us out and see if your squad wants to come over.  We now fly a dozen I-16s and a dozen MiGs if the fly or some holiday isn't subtracting pilots.  Having twenty of so friendlies in the air is quite impressive.  The mission designers constantly amaze me as to the new things we face.  Last mission was at dusk and I had a devil of a time keeping my wingman in sight in the fading light.  I was afraid to "check six" because if I looked away from lead, would I see him again against the darkening sky?

I flew military and Tangmere Pilots have the humor of real life and exhibit more teamwork and more professionalism and in-flight discipline than some of the gaggles that fly on-line.  We do historical campaigns, TRY to keep radio discipline in combat and on missions, and work well to keep each other safe and get back home.

56Raf_Roblex,

Tangmere pilots have been around for 10 + years and we have flown IL2, IL2 1946, CLOD and now IL2 BOS. I don't think we ever took part in Warbirds.

You and your comrades would be most welcome but we do have a strict OTU requirement. You may not like us of course and that's why we do it. I'm sure you would though..... 

Bunster

Operational Training Unit. Basically, 4 assessment flights by one of our OTU instructors to make sure you can take off, navigate to a degree, shoot at something and then land. Once passed, you will become an Operational pilot and join us on Ops Missions.

12 hours ago, No145_Bunny said:

Operational Training Unit. Basically, 4 assessment flights by one of our OTU instructors to make sure you can take off, navigate to a degree, shoot at something and then land. Once passed, you will become an Operational pilot and join us on Ops Missions.

It isn't hard but the OTU system does weed out plenty of chaps who just cannot do the basics.  The basics aren't onerous or particularly tough, but they have a knock on effect on everyone and each person's enjoyment so they are important.

1 flight a week means that folks can take part on the other nights - that means they get to look at us and we get to look at them.  The friendship part is more important than being an experte

von Tom

ps  Bunny does have a certain... reputation. 

• Haha 1

A couple pilots did clearing turns on landing roll when checking out in the MiG-3.  

*cough* "groundloop" *cough*

Press the button  and sign up !!

There is a war on you know !!! 

Posted (edited)

TP banner.jpgPROPWASH

Our current campaign ends in two weeks and then the Collapse of the Kuban Luftwaffe Campaign (mid-Sept. - early Dec. 1943) begins on May 5th with pilots choosing between the FW-190 A5 or Bf-109 G6 [G4 for those without the G6].  The former will focus on jabo and the latter on fighter missions.  Here's the beautiful 190 and 109 livery Silk crafted.  Prangster did the Ju-87, Fritz did the Hs-129.

FW-190-A5.jpg

Bf-109-G6.jpg

Other aircraft will be flown in certain missions, usually by volunteers. 

Ju-87.jpg

Hs-129.jpg

Kuban collapse aircraft.jpg

If you join now you can be with us in time for the opening of the new campaign.  The Luftwaffe won't hold sway everywhere as they used to but they opt now to control specific areas of the battlefield.  The front line will change almost every mission as the German position deteriorates.  It will be a target-rich environment.  We have A5s and G6s but among Soviet aircraft will be the wicked-fast La-5FN and Yak-1b and Yak-7s.  Check six!

Tangmere Pilots website

Tangmere Pilot Recruiting Page

Sparky, Pilot Officer, Press Officer

TP Banner small.jpg

Edited by TP_Sparky

New campaign starts this Sunday. Join up now and fly with us. 109s or 190s ? you choose. Help us defend against the VVS onslaught in Kuban.