No145_Bunny

Tangmere Pilots - Fly a Spitfire for the RAF - Join us now and ditch the COVID blues [Recruiting]

TP_ SPARKY

Sorry i just saw your post now ! I am retired in Bangkok and Phuket since many years . I am swiss and we have  a very large retired community here , embassy well organized . Sometimes it gets toooooo damn hot !!!  my problem is the time difference ,Tangmere flies at 9pm london time which is my 3 am . I am going to register right now and see what happens . Registration successful , waiting for training day details . hope its a time i can be awake . thank you everyone for the encouragement.

Edited by dog1

We are getting ready to mount our Tempests and fly in a new BoBP Campaign. Can you handle the Tempest ? Want to fly for the RAF ? Free Beer and Pickled Eggs ?

You know where to come.......

We have sooooooo much amazing stuff going on in Tangmere Pilots, that I cant possibly mention it all here. Not enough time !!!

Just get in the cockpit and join us now.... we need more of you RAF types.... Lots of Tempests and Spitfires waiting..... Make one yours now !!

... And hurricanes soon too...... don't forget them 😜

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:43 AM, TP_Silk said:

... And hurricanes soon too...... don't forget them 😜

Sick puppy.

Spit IXs first up though, and we run a 4 week OTU before anyone is allowed on ops so we get to look at each other and decide if its right for both of us.

von Tom

• Haha 1

Join in the fun as we embark on a new campaign on the Rhineland Map flying for the RAF, USAAF and the LW. We have space for new pilots whatever your skills, we are a friendly bunch and will help you become a valued squadron member. Join us now!

Posted (edited)

Some recent comments from members who have joined us:-

"I didn't get the free sex that was promised, although I had to run away quite fast sometimes to avoid it"

"Which way do I point the pointy end of the aircraft ?"

"Ooops Moggy that tank got us in the tail, ahem...." (attributed to a rear gunner, but no one knows who)

"I didn't even know that I had undercarriage!" 

"Head SW, I meant NE, errr... somewhere over there..." (possibly said by the same rear gunner as above)

"Thats the wrong end of the runway to land from, and its the wrong runway and its an enemy one"

"Who's got Novembers copy of Big & Bouncy ?"

Tangmere pilots, refusing to take ourselves seriously since 2002. 

Come and join us, I promise that you will have the BEST time of your virtual lives!!!

S! Bunster (never been a rear gunner for anyone, ever!)

Edited by No145_Bunny
  • Haha 1

Hi Skpcarey1

It is a UK server yes. We fly Ops missions on a Sunday at 9pm Uk time and also fly on a Tuesday and Friday at the same time.

Hey Bunny,

What times are the campaign missions usually played at? I'm no longer attached to any squadron and would love to participate in the campaign if you guys take me as a Spitfire pilot 🙄

Hi Riksen.

Ops night is sunday at 9pm uk time. We also fly on a Tuesday and friday at the same time. Sunday is the critical one and you must be able to fly on a sunday.

If this suits, click the recruitment link and let's take it from there.

Bunster 

Don't bother registering for this group. No replies nor confirmations of signup.

Pretty sad really. It shows how passe they are.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Catseye2 said:

Don't bother registering for this group. No replies nor confirmations of signup.

Pretty sad really. It shows how passe they are.

The admins of the site have jobs and families and don't see activating account registrations as our raison d'être.  As it is, I see that your registration was activated on the 3rd March.

To everyone else, registering on our forum gives limited access with full access only after the first week of OTU.  If people apply they go through a 4 week OTU so they get to join us on Tuesdays and Fridays, but not on ops on Sundays.  This is to allow us and them to look at each other to see if the "fit" is right.  Flying ability isn't as important as being the right sort of chap.

It works though and we're a pretty harmonious group.

von Tom

Edited by von_Tom

20 hours ago, Catseye2 said:

It shows 

For a first post it shows what an ass you are.  Pretty sad really.:scratch_one-s_head:

• Upvote 1

Stuck at home for a few weeks ?

Perfect time to get a shiny new Spitfire out of the hanger and join us in our battle with the LW on the Rhineland map. New unique co-op mission every Sunday at 9pm UK time. Pass 4 x OTU flights first and your in!

Free virtual toilet roll to anyone who joins !

Bunster 

Should there be any misunderstandings:

I am a Tangmere Pilot since 2005, currently in the Inactive Reserve Roster awaiting a new computer

that can handle the increased complexities of the IL2/BoS simulation.

My current huge life regret that keeps me from 'Getting one up'

especially now that they are flying Spits, is that I am no longer on TP Ops.

As a fifteen year veteran, off and on, let me say that there are no better chaps to fly with, anywhere.

I am in the US, but have flown across the Big Pond twice to attend their annual meetings.

The hilarious misconsequences of the mug ups afterwards, I will try not to describe.

Let me say that in the finest RAF tradition, many brave pilots spent the night comatose on the floor 

from too much 'bonhomie' and far too many 'pints'.

For Real Life Friends and Virtual Combat in the war torn skies over WW II Europe,

get yourself to the Manning Depot, enlist, get your four check flights behind you,

and  'Get One Up."

P/O 'Nummy' 

601 Squadron and 43 Squadron.

Currently Inactive Reserve

I'm a Yank so I fly at 3 pm Central Time Zone.  I flew military and find No.1 squadron like the real guys I flew it.  We fly official missions Sundays and on Tuesdays and Fridays we practice fly co-ops, in an online server, Flying Circus,  and the occasional Vicious Carrot missions designed by Bunny.  Tis great fun with a wonderful group.  Half of us are in No.1 and the other half in No. 601.Each squadron has it's unique character.

We joke around a lot but missions are pretty realistic. I've sometimes flown with other groups of guys on nights Tangmere isn't flying.  The other groups chattered constantly and scattered like quail to pursue their intended victim.  Tangmere Pilots joke around but we keep mission communication within reasonable limits and when contact is made, comms are for managing the battle.

Tangmere Pilots brought me back to when I strapped one on and slipped the surlies.

You have my interest.   I'm EST time and work early (wake at 4:45 am)  most squads are wheels up at my bedtime :(    I have IL2 GB's ,Flying circus(my fav)  and also DSC    I fly VR only.

Hi Vagner.

Great to hear from you. Click on our website and click on the recruitment option. Let's get you into OTU and take it from there. It will be good to welcome you on board.

Bunster