So much easier to host/launch MP servers!

On 4.4.2018 at 1:05 PM, =LD=Hethwill said:

...each one of yer fellows can play the same pilot as the PW career progresses. Good fun.

Tried it today, and hosted a MISSION.

My friend saw it in the list, joined it - but did not see any other planes - nor did I see him.

He was on the same airfield - but like in a "parallel world".

Any ideas?

47 minutes ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

My friend saw it in the list, joined it - but did not see any other planes - nor did I see him.

Any ideas?

Wolfram,  I take you generated a PWCG mission and put it in the Multiplayer/coops folder?  Are you using the latest version of PWCG - version 3.3.3? 

Did you try running the mission on your own before you hosted and when you set up PWCG have you made sure in Configuration>User Preferences>Use coop>1? 

If you've done this and it's still not working, go here

and down load SYN_Vander's excellent coop pack and here

and download Tips coops pack 1.  These all work fairly flawlessly.

Couple more things;  you have set upload/download speeds to 10mb in the game's multiplayer options and you are sure you've got the correct ports open on your router?

Good luck:salute:

Edited by DD_Arthur
1 hour ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Any ideas?

Really odd... :huh:

You generated the mission and made it coop right ?

Thanks, guys.

I have opened my router ports like they should be.

I have tried the MISSIONs before.
We always end up in "parallel universes". He is there somehow - but in his extra world - not with my flight.

I had the same problem already in RoF.

Certainly isn't easy to launch MP and CO-OP servers for many at all.

Try to start a server and nobody can join, neither can you join other user's games, hence the complete absence of CO-OP games on the server list still. People shouldn't have to faff around with ports when other titles do it just fine.

Needs fixing.

Edited by Mcdaddy

Here is something I ran into last night that maybe someone could confirm.  I know that if you have Mod On that when you go to the multiplayer server list you only see those servers that allow Mods On.  Makes sense.  What I didn't realize is that if you host a server and you have Mods On that other players who did not have Mods On cannot see your server.  I guess I thought Mods Off players would be able to jump on Mods On servers but it appears this is not the case.

1 hour ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Here is something I ran into last night that maybe someone could confirm.  I know that if you have Mod On that when you go to the multiplayer server list you only see those servers that allow Mods On.  Makes sense.  What I didn't realize is that if you host a server and you have Mods On that other players who did not have Mods On cannot see your server.  I guess I thought Mods Off players would be able to jump on Mods On servers but it appears this is not the case.

Hi Stick,

Mods On mode is either all or nothing.  Everyone has to be in Mods On to join or see a mod on server or coop.  

I understand people are having trouble getting these modes to work but it can't be that difficult.  I'm an idiot and I can get it to work!:)

Hosting in Mods On mode

Edited by DD_Arthur