EAF_51_FOX

COSTANT MICROSTUDDERS IN MULTIPLAYER [SOLVED]

Posted (edited)

Hello, I have costant microstudders every 1 second just in multiplayer mode in any server.

I tried all suggestion in a other tread here like: 4k textures On, custom skins unticked. I also tried to play on Bit rate value (tried 2-4-10) no way.

I am lost :unsure:   any good suggestion welcomed. Or may be it is a game problem now?   before 300.1 patch  game was smooth.

UPDATE: SOLVED RE-INSTALLING FROM SCRATCH THE GAME!

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

Posted (edited)

same here, 

before 3.001 I never experienced any MP issues ... now I have constant Micro stuttering ..

I went into Settings / Multiplayer Settings and  maxed the max bandwith Settings to 10/Mbit /sec up and down.

my Internet Connection is  20 Mbit/s Download and 5 Mbit/s Upload

The changes in MP Settings didnt cure the Problem, I still have MP stuttering on 3.001 Version

I love this SIM in MP,  Any help here very much appreciated.

Cheers  

Edited by Jabo2009

I also see many server with "0 ping" value , Is this normal? any feedback about this will be appreciate. thank you.

Bumping about this issue.. am I the only one whith this problem still with 3.002 patch.(?):unsure:

Hi guys,

I just come back from a MP session on WOL (67 users) and also I did some dogfighting on BERLOGA (9 users) and

I couldn't notice any stutter at all - I had no issues so far and I do not have decent system. My specs:

- I7 4770s @ 3.10 GHz (can't even OC this thing!)

- 16 GB RAM

- Geforce GTX 970 / 4 GB VRAM

- Graphical settings on HIGH / 1920x1080 / fixed 60 FPS

So, you see, I have nothing spectacular to run. I have a constant 60 FPS with occasional drop to 51 FPS at the

beginning of a mission (airfield / runway). But no stutters at all.

MP server list (lobby) sometimes displays no ping values, but it is usually irrelevant, you can still connect to

those servers. I think it is a displaying issue.

Cheers

I get this all the time. We've got a bunch of different topics on this. No resolution or reason for it yet nor why it affects some and not others.

I would be helpful to have an idea of what kind of system you have Fox.

4 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I get this all the time. We've got a bunch of different topics on this. No resolution or reason for it yet nor why it affects some and not others.

I would be helpful to have an idea of what kind of system you have Fox.

Hello, I have gtx 770 4GB , 16 gb RAM, 4670K I5, HIF 550 POWER SUPPLY, WIN 7 ULTIMATE. All system is always setup with latest Nvidia drivers and DirectX updated, CCleaner trash cache/reg system runned costantly. in SINGLE PLAYER I have no microstudder at all and run 60 fps costantly with VSync on + full screen OFF. Problem of microstudders affect only MP.

Your system is mostly more capable than mine (Core i5, 8GB DDR4, GTX 960 2GB, 256GB Samsung 850EVO SSD, Win 10) and its interesting that you have this too.

Question for you. Does it happen all the time, say the moment you join, or does it build up? We've noticed that some stutters seem to happen when there are large numbers of aircraft together in one space. By large numbers I mean sometimes its just 3-5 aircraft or more.

Are you running through a wireless connection?

Posted (edited)

Oh, definitely no, Shamrock.. I have those constant microstudders in MP just when I enter the server joining any plane if or not are present other airplanes around or taking off alone or in-flight start (like Berloga server for example). .

I see you have SSD samsung 850 like me (mine is reserved just for OS) 

Also the microstudders are every 1"second with or whithout Map on/off or UHD.

My connection is stable surfing in internet (checked all parameters I have knowledge at least..:unsure:) I don't know any specific software to check online games however.

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

Interesting, so we have a couple of different types of symptoms when it comes to these stutters. Mine aren't right away but only when multiple aircraft show up and then it alternates between microstutter and slideshow type stutters.

Very odd.

One more question that comes to mind. Have you ever tried alt tabbing out during a session to see if the stutters stop? I've noticed alt-tabbing seems to clear up a big frame drop problem I have on rare occasions. Possibly around recording track files but I'm not 100% sure.

reading now, I haven't never tried yet to alt+tab, now is 1.15 in the night here in Italy, I will try tomorrow and report you. Thank for the suggestion Shamrock ;). I also suspect that if I go in other aircrafts area of influence (A.I. or Human players..) the sintomphs will increase similar to you, just I didn't tried this also jet because of the big frustration of this iussue I just went out immediately from the server without further investigation right now (will try this tomorrow too and report). Cheers.

I can't play online, anymore.

It's impossible, because of the microstuttering

Same here since the last update, Was almost unplayable.

Never had this before.

Thinking of doing a delete and full re install.

Same here. Started a topic on the issue as well. Perfect MP performance for me until latest patch that was days ago. Whatever happened in that patch has almost ruined MP for me.

Ok, after testing ALT+TAB I confirm nothing change and still microstudders going back to game. I just noticed that the problem is strictly from number of players connected because now 3.15 in the night at Berloga server with only 4 players there wasn't ANY microstudders. At contrary joining WINGS OF VICTORY server with 40+ players the microstudders are presents as always right now. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

There is a page on the Guru3d forum that is addressing micro studers in games.

I haven't tried it myself as I don't have this issue, but it might work for you guys.

look for this topic under Video cards NVidia GeForce drivers section

How to fix game stutter on Windows 10 Creators Update +

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Panp said:

There is a page on the Guru3d forum that is addressing micro studers in games.

I haven't tried it myself as I don't have this issue, but it might work for you guys.

look for this topic under Video cards NVidia GeForce drivers section

How to fix game stutter on Windows 10 Creators Update +

Not games, game, this one only. Only online. This is with 180 to 200 fps on my system. Locking it to 144 does nothing. Working perfectly until last patch.

1 hour ago, EAF_51_FOX said:

Ok, after testing ALT+TAB I confirm nothing change and still microstudders going back to game. I just noticed that the problem is strictly from number of players connected because now 3.15 in the night at Berloga server with only 4 players there wasn't ANY microstudders. At contrary joining WINGS OF VICTORY server with 40+ players the microstudders are presents as always right now. :unsure:

Indeed it is connected number of players in the area. Almost a cheat since I know players are nearby when the stutters start getting worse. With few players on server or in general area everything starts to smooth again almost pre-patch smooth.

Also this might not be connected to this issue but I've noticed that hardly anyone gets kicked for low pings anymore. Wondering if this has something to do with it?

Edited by StickMan

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, StickMan said:

Not games, game, this one only. Only online. This is with 180 to 200 fps on my system. Locking it to 144 does nothing. Working perfectly until last patch.

Indeed it is connected number of players in the area. Almost a cheat since I know players are nearby when the stutters start getting worse. With few players on server or in general area everything starts to smooth again almost pre-patch smooth.

Also this might not be connected to this issue but I've noticed that hardly anyone gets kicked for low pings anymore. Wondering if this has something to do with it?

So, mine are definitely the same as yours. It only starts to happen based on player proximity. Fox seems to be having a different stutter where it happens all the time in a semi-full server.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

Posted (edited)

Good observation from StikMan: the situation of PING related to players. 1) Effectively now there are no more kicked players from high ping values 2) there is a bug (?) about server menu page where many servers from 3.00x patch no more show the ping in the menu page (for me at least).

Reasoning then may be : high ping players no more detected from this game "bug-ping" introduced, this may affect MP gameplay as the whole game just have to "wait" to produce a new frame of the game according to the time that player high ping affected elaborate the previuos frame, previous frame that is however influenced from the behavior interface with game of the same high ping player (his joystick airplane movements, firing guns etc..) What do you think about this theory? 

sorry my bad english , but wish can be enough clear my supposition.

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EAF_51_FOX said:

Good observation from StikMan: the situation of PING related to players. 1) Effectively now there are no more kicked players from high ping values 2) there is a bug (?) about server menu page where many servers from 3.00x patch no more show the ping in the menu page (for me at least).

Reasoning then may be : high ping players no more detected from this game "bug-ping" introduced, this may affect MP gameplay as the whole game just have to "wait" to produce a new frame of the game according to the time that player high ping affected elaborate the previuos frame, previous frame that is however influenced from the behavior interface with game of the same high ping player (his joystick airplane movements, firing guns etc..) What do you think about this theory? 

sorry my bad english , but wish can be enough clear my supposition.

Yes, meant to say high pings in previous post. I do not pretend to be expert in these matters because I most definitely am not. Your theory does seem plausible to me, and one that I would conclude for myself. I do find it peculiar that people were getting kicked on a regular basis on the berloga server for instance before these problems for me existed. Before 4 or 5 guys would get kicked from berloga in half an hour of time for high pings. Now Its a rarity maybe 1 every couple sessions. As much as I fly on berloga I start to recognize names. When guys notorious for high pings would fly you could see their planes "rubber-banding" thru the air, until they got auto kicked. Now that effect seems changed around same players, it seems the stutter gets worse instead, and they don't get kicked. Like I said I'm no expert on the tech side of online play, but it seems very coincidental.

2 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

So, mine are definitely the same as yours. It only starts to happen based on player proximity. Fox seems to be having a different stutter where it happens all the time in a semi-full server.

Yes, you and I have exact same issue. I drove myself nuts trying to resolve this on my end, but it's most definitely the game.

Edited by StickMan

Posted (edited)

I "pray" for some guys of dev. team 1C could see our problem here and may be they can at least give any chance to solve this problem. :ph34r:

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

The devs are listening. They don't always have time to respond but I know they are listening.

Figuring out the problem may be difficult even for them. Given that its apparently not happening to everyone means that there's probably more than one factor here and if none of the systems in their testing shop have this issue, it may be difficult.

This guy has got the issue as well. If you watch the vid you will notice a slight stickiness or jitter in the frame. This is exactly my experience since last patch.

UPDATE (But problem NOT solved..:unsure:) definitely the microstudders are generated from the interaction of my game within other players online because if i jump into any server not populated of other players the game run smooth like butter. The mistery continue.. :(

Posted (edited)

ShamrockOneFive  

Do you means YOU- still have microstudders Sham..? Try like me to re-install the game. this has cured all microstudders for me. good Luck! ;)

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, EAF_51_FOX said:

ShamrockOneFive  

Do you means YOU- still have microstudders Sham..? Try like me to re-install the game. this has cured all microstudders for me. good Luck! ;)

Is this a serious post? Please don't make me do a reinstall by not telling me this is a joke, if it is.

Edited by StickMan

7 hours ago, StickMan said:

Is this a serious post? Please don't make me do a reinstall by not telling me this is a joke, if it is.

what problem you have Stick..? may be you want to be polemic? I don't have time to waste here with people like you. I just have put my contribution to all people here as this is -TECHNICAL ISSUE FORUM SECTION- Do you realize that? it's not -cafe' chit-chat section- where to joke. Regards.

Relax Fox, I think he just meant to ask if that's really what you did to fix the issue. 

Frankly, I am too. I don't want to do a full reinstall for nothing if that's not actually the fix. 

Cheers!

-Shadepiece

Posted (edited)

I'm not nervous, but I would like people who read/write should consider that if someone open a topic and discuss a tread of tecnical issues and finally reach the obyective to solve the problen and share the method he applied for that.. so what's the reason to write "are you joking" .

I had microstudders in MP since from 300.2 patch. I tryed ALL setting, Internet settings, graphic settings..-read all the topic- THEN i decided to re-install from scratch the game and I cured the problem GONE. So what's the reason i should not share this solution as anyother with same problem  -will- solve like me? ...

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, EAF_51_FOX said:

what problem you have Stick..? may be you want to be polemic? I don't have time to waste here with people like you. I just have put my contribution to all people here as this is -TECHNICAL ISSUE FORUM SECTION- Do you realize that? it's not -cafe' chit-chat section- where to joke. Regards.

My apologies if you misunderstood.

2 hours ago, ACG_RED_Shadepiece said:

Relax Fox, I think he just meant to ask if that's really what you did to fix the issue. 

Frankly, I am too. I don't want to do a full reinstall for nothing if that's not actually the fix. 

Cheers!

-Shadepiece

But this^ is what I meant. 

I will try full reinstall today, thanks for the advice Fox.

Edited by StickMan

On 5/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, StickMan said:

This guy has got the issue as well. If you watch the vid you will notice a slight stickiness or jitter in the frame. This is exactly my experience since last patch.

That's actually quite barely noticible compared to what I get. It seems that the more players in the area the worse the jittering/stuttering gets. All of my settings are on the minimum settings except the 4k option recommended by the devs. It sucks having your windscreen go almost opaque and yellow when you fly inverted because there's no cockpit shadows on the glass :C

The suggestions the devs made do help but it still can get pretty bad with each stuttering lasting up to ~150 msec on servers like WoL during their peak hours (assuming I don't get kicked for high ping before I reach the dogfight areas) occuring an average of 5 times every 3 seconds. It makes tracking and aiming difficult in heated situations, I already have enough problems with the lack of angles prediction in the game.

On 5/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, EAF_51_FOX said:

ShamrockOneFive  

Oh interesting. Ok, I will keep that in mind. Heck of a job to reinstall but it solved it for you is good to know!

I did make a minor breakthrough last night in that it started stuttering as my GPU pegged 100%. So maybe it really is my GPU (an idea I was resisting).

The last patch seems to be kicking the crap out of machines.

i74770K, GTX970, Asus Maximus Rampage VIII mobo, 32 gig ram and game is on my SSD. I have a 34" extra wide curved monitor. When I upgraded to the new monitor I had a performance drop. Since the latest patch grapohics are now set to balanced and I brought landscape rendering from 150km to 125km. I notice the biggest FPS drops happen when I can see the horizon.

Balanced graphics but clouds and shadows max. I have also tweaked my invida settings. I can't stand not spotting contacts. I hate stutters in a flight sim. I've got it just about sorted but still get FPS hits now and then.

Even on a high end system this game give your bits and bobs a workout.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, StickMan said:

My apologies if you misunderstood.

But this^ is what I meant. 

I will try full reinstall today, thanks for the advice Fox.

no problem Stick.. the important thing is really that i wish you will solve the problem. i know it is a very annoying thing those microstudders. Almost they drive me crazy. All the good thing toyou!! my best wishes.. and please inform here if this method will cure your game also like mine. Cheers. :)

addendum to all. the procedure to re-install the game give me a little bit of panic initially, but really was instead a breeze and the game (at least for me here in italy) had a download time very fast using the WEB SERVER thick in launcher setting options IL2.

Procedure I made:

1) deleted ALL the game -also USER-CONTROL SETTINGS- but keep the "Missions" folder locating it in another folder of the PC (this is not crucial for the game running)

2) I runned a program called CCLEANER (I think however every cleaner software complete with registry cleaner will do the job).

3) shut off the Pc  and restart it and runned ANOTHER TIME the CCLEANER program, also the registry cleaner another time too as to be completey shure of a complete clean of the game.

4) go to your account page in IL2BOS download section and choose and download the Il2_setup.exe starting program.

5) create a Il2-game folder in a directory of your preference -BUT NOT INSTALL THE GAME IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE OLDER GAME WAS.

6) Run the Il2_setup.exe and choose the new folder game where to install the new game.

7) I downloaded all the new game in 15 minutes, now run DIRECT-X software located into DATA/REDIST.

8) Run the game now and adjusted all setting as your Hardware needs  -but NOT change the graphic setting  - I leaved them as automated made by the game install.

-Hope you will enjoy your new fresh copy without those terrrible studders online like me now.

Cheers!:)

Edited by EAF_51_FOX