MeoW.Scharfi

Bf 110E2 Ace in a flight

Nice Video and a nice fight with the BF110!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

Scharfi, what is easier to make a blue or red plane video ace in a flight?

I mean i fly solo, i don't have mates who could bait for me.

with Blue plane it's waaaaay easier than with red planes. 190s and 109s can disengage and run, it doesn't make sense to follow them at all(since they are faster and you end up in a long following run that ends up with getting swarmed by his minions). While on the other hand with 190s and 109s u can catch the guys that try to disengage. 

As Red if you don't follow the 190 or 109, he will most likley turn around and catch you when you are about to shot someone else or just be there and make your life difficult.

Moreover you have really limited amount of ammo in red planes. Sure mostly few shots are needed, but the bullets have to hit! Which makes you to aim way TOO carefully and often ends up with "hunter being hunted". For one or two kill-sorties the red planes are awesome.

What's more, blues tend to dive/climb/run away in normal dogfights at a decent altitude. Reds turn around and dogfight with you. That is actually the MAIN reason why it's way easier to make an Ace in blue planes.

With Bf 109s of all variants it's the easiest thing for me to do an Ace, maybe because it's my main plane.

And the hardest Aces I made were in the Bf 110, Spitfire, I-16, P40, Hs129 and Ju87.

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well done!
And the last four opponents  with a badly demaged engine in addition of a very huge fuel load (i was never able to bring more than four down in a intact 110 ;) ).
It´s almost a pain to see how you torture the still smoking DB, but impressive, great flight.

Edited by I./ZG1_Krokodilor
  • Thanks 1

U da Queen.

I fly 110 all the time and most i got were 3 kills. BTW, what convergence for 110 do u use?

• Thanks 1

Fantastic as usual!

Looking forward to Tante ju gunner Ace in a flight:salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Now with La 5 FN the blue planes cannot disengage at will. At high altitude the La 5 FN is the fastest plane in the game. Also it accelerates very well.

• Haha 2

and yet not every fighter airplane you meet on red side is La5FN, while every fighter airplane on Blue side is 109 or 190, i dont see hords of La5Fns on servers.
From forum talk it sounds like now all what red fly on every map and server is La5FN :P Even on berloga where all is free to take you dont see all flying FNs.

77.CountZero

20 USD for La 5 FN will not turn you into an ace in a flight. You need also to know how to fly the plane to its strenght.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oh i wasn't thinking about La5FN since it's not available most of the time. I would still take any 109 over a La5FN.

That's pretty amazing, that explains why you were in a 110 the other day. :)

I rarely do more than 3 kills in a flight myself, you had to have a bit of luck to do it in that piece of junk.I totally agree on how both sides play, that's why I tend to fly Russian a lot more it's challenging compared to flying F4s and FW 190 all day like some "aces" do, theres nothing more fun and satisfying than schooling 3 opponents who attack you together when you're solo in a red plane.

On 30. 03. 2018. at 2:52 PM, JG27_Kornezov said:

77.CountZero

20 USD for La 5 FN will not turn you into an ace in a flight. You need also to know how to fly the plane to its strenght.

Oh man you crush my dreams, dont say so, i spend 15$ for nothing then :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1