Sign in to follow this  
J5_NiiranenVR-Gfr

Saitek x56 hotas / or the Game

Hi 

Im New in this il-2  ..... I start Up with a tm16000 with No problem , but after i got  the x56 

Many Strange things is happening ..... Game stop/ cockpit Fall of / bail Out / and so on 

Do other have the same problem with this hotas ??? 

Poul 

Poor wiring may be an issue as well, but the relevant factor for "ghost inputs" is not enough USB power.   

You need to use another USB controller (not only another port) or a powered USB hub in order to get it working again.

This simple tool can show you if its working or not: http://html5gamepad.com

Sire,

I had an X55 before as well. Same wiring, same issues.

You have two options:

1) Throw it into the trash like the average consumer

2)

buy proper cables, sleeves, heat shrinks

get a drill and soldering iron

take extensive notes and pictures on how everything is wired (you'll need that)

open the throttle up and resolder new wires into both grip (I did that for my X55 throttle unit and kept it since it's super ergonomic)

use the drill to widen the canal in the 2 bars

Reassemble everything.

Your choice. Tough, but there are only these two. Good luck if you go for 2) ! 

1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Your choice. Tough, but there are only these two. Good luck if you go for 2) ! 

On the bright side it's a really good beginner lesson to get into soldering and tinkering with your own devices. I mean after you resolder everything + see the general idea behind internals one can easily copycat and make his own controller/button box ;)

• Upvote 1

Is ways more easy get a L.Bodnar BU0836 or similar controller, some switches and wires and solder a "button box" than learn something re-soldering a Saitek joystick other than patience. :biggrin:

Well Sokol, that is true! :)

But the ergonomics of the Saitek X55/56 throttles are unbeaten, especially when you're using VR. There is no throttle device with better ergonomics and tactile feedback out there at the moment - and there won't be for a while. 4x axis with tactile feedback on one hand, not even the new VKB Throttle will be able to beat that (only 2 axis on one hand). Resoldering eliminated all axis flicker the device had when coming out of the factory (QA from factory was shit, which was its only but largest downside, we agree on that).

That said, I am speaking from the perspective of a VR user, which means this point of ergonomics and tactile feedback is very important - being "blind" to the reality.

Thanx 😊

Im a vr player - oculus Rift -  i Will try get My momey back .... At moment im dreaming about the virpil flightstick ....But lets see ( im not very happy with the bad things with x56'ern  🙄

The X-55/56 is super power hungry. You need a powered USB hub with absolutely nothing but the throttle and stick on it. The wiring is almost certainly just fine in your X-56, it's your PC that isn't up to the task. My X-55 has been going strong for 3+ years and the X-52 Pro before it went 8 without any trouble. Saitek has had some QC issues over the years, but they aren't nearly as bad as many here claim. The real problem is simply that they are power hungry.

Beasty, while I respect your opinion, I haven't had the experience of it being power hungry. But then again, I have always had capable motherboards. You as well, as I see. I am interested in understanding where this is coming from. Did you open your X-55 Throttle up, to see wether there was a short somewhere - because that's very likely to happen, given that the cables break after X motions.

It may not be a fire hazard due to the low currents, but still it's very uncommon to hear your story.

Fenris, what mobo you have is completely irrelevant. All of them from the $50 boards to the $600 boards share all the rear panel USB ports between only 1 or 2 USB controllers. Ghosting isn't a short or bad wiring, it's insufficient power. This can only be solved by using a dedicated USB controller for the two devices. Incidentally, the Rift often has the same problem.

I own an X-56 also on a powered hub, and have absolutely no troubles with it. I was actually going to suggest the same thing as Beasty did.

It could be the Solution ....

USB 2 or 3 ???? 

And is a usb card as good as a power- usb hub ???

And'ee if Power there should be No problem Put Rift in it too ???

Thanx 😊

8 minutes ago, Sire said:

It could be the Solution ....

USB 2 or 3 ???? 

And is a usb card as good as a power- usb hub ???

And'ee if Power there should be No problem Put Rift in it too ???

Thanx 😊

A powered hub is better because it has its own dedicated power supply. 2.0 or 3.0 shouldn't matter, I have a 3.0. But if you're going to invest in one, might as well get 3.0 anyways.

In internal card in a PCI-E slot is just fine so long as it has a power plug to your PSU (usually molex or SATA). But the key thing is it does need that extra power source, it cannot be powered by the motherboard because the motherboard cannot provide the needed power.

I have my X-55 plugged into this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14G-0001-00017 but it is just one of countless options. And once again, even though it has 5 ports on it, if you plug an X-55/56 into it, 3 of those ports can be considered dead. It only has enough power for the HOTAS itself. If you plug in anything else with substantial power draw, there will be ghost button presses on the throttle just as with using the standard motherboard USB ports. The only reason I picked that one over a two port option is that it has a black mounting bracket to match my case. Obviously, that's the most important consideration in any purchase.:P

Thank you , Ill try in a few Days and let you know - I have allready a usb with Power, and Ill try it Out later ..... The reason why i Dont use it now is, i bought a unpowered usb 3 to My Rift, and Put My x56 in it too ....... So ......... 😏😁

Well , i have now Put My stick and throttle in a powered usb - and Game Still suddenly stop - engine restart - gear down- cockpit Fall of and bail Out 😒🤥

So - if are under warranty use, if not open the base and look for dented/broken wires. :)

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:36 PM, Warpig said:

I own an X-56 also on a powered hub, and have absolutely no troubles with it. I was actually going to suggest the same thing as Beasty did.

Salutations,

I was recently checking up on the new  Logitech x56 HOTAS and would like any recent reviews of same. It looks really great, but how does it perform?

Thanks. :salute:

-The stick is a lot better when it's new, than when it gets aged. After a while, it will start to stick and squeak at the base and be not so smooth. Overall, it's not a bad stick to get you started, but investing in a high end one down the road is well worth it.

-The throttle I still use. The setup for it lends itself well to air sims of all types. There's plenty of controls at the right spots to comfortable setup everything you need to fly an aircraft. 

Overall, it's a great HOTAS to get you started, but a better stick down the road may be desirable.

On 04/04/2018 at 8:02 PM, Sire said:

Well , i have now Put My stick and throttle in a powered usb - and Game Still suddenly stop - engine restart - gear down- cockpit Fall of and bail Out 😒🤥

Logitech representative say for use an powered USB hub exclusively for throttle.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3448928&postcount=73