[MOD] Historically Correct Official Skins (2K and 4K)

• 2 weeks later...

OK I seemed to have followed everything and Mods are on but I still cant get them to show.. I only have BoS(not Steam) - JSGME exe, ini and txt are in the IL2 Sturmikov Great Battles as is the MODs folder -- I noticed theres another ini file in the Mods folder is this correct. It says this

[MODS]
Stalingrad Tex Mod=1
4K Normalmaps=2
4K Default Skin Replacements for BoM-BoS-BoK=3
LaGG3 of 926 IAP=4

the LaGG3 of 926 is working though so this is why Im totally confused - do i need to have the 2k versions installed to make the historical corrections show up.

EDIT - kind of answered my own question - I installed the 2K version before the 4k version and then reinstalled and now everythings ok.... I think

Edited by ightenhill
44 minutes ago, RadicalStan said:

Thank you 😁. I downloaded the files individually. I'm not able to download multiple files at one time. Apparently, you must have a MediaFire premium account to do that.   

hey, one more fix. I forgot to include the base skin & I zipped it up so it will just be one download instead of having to dl them individually. updated link is in my original post

• Thanks 3

Thank you for the corrected skins. If you get bored, I believe both variants of the He 111 and both variants of the Bf 110 have also been updated to 4k but also don't yet have any corrected skins. You know... if you're bored 😁

Edited by Audgisil
  • Haha 1
On 12/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, HotPursuit said:

Thanks for these skins, they look great.  :good:

You may have to make one more fix though - all the files have a typo, 'lare' instead of 'late'

fixed, guess thats what i get for being lazy

On 12/10/2020 at 11:58 AM, Audgisil said:

Thank you for the corrected skins. If you get bored, I believe both variants of the He 111 and both variants of the Bf 110 have also been updated to 4k but also don't yet have any corrected skins. You know... if you're bored 😁

forgot about those, ill start on them in a day or two

Thank you for these updates. Since I was already cheeky enough to ask for these in the first place, I'll point out that the "default" skins that go in the "planes" folder instead of the "skins" folder also need to be included. 😁

You mean get the TPS reports? | Office space meme, Office space quotes,  Office space movie

Sincerely though, thank you for taking the time to make these. They're a geat addition for the sake of historical accuracy.

2 hours ago, Audgisil said:

the "default" skins that go in the "planes" folder instead of the "skins" folder also need to be included. 😁

I did not include the default skin nor winter variant as those are included in the skin pack created by VBF-12_Stick-95
default here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/10t1md31jh2uve2/4K_Default_Skin_Replacements_for_BoM-BoS-BoK.7z

winter here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eu5ldcjdfrdkwb8/4K_White_Skin_Replacements_for_BoM-BoS-BoK.7z

• Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Historically corrected skins are not yet available for those aircraft because they are still waiting in line to be updated to 4k resolution in the game. All of those aircraft still use the default 2k resolution, which is very noticable when playing in VR for example. However, the Devs are doing a good job of slowly updating all of the aircraft to 4k. There's usually one included with just about every update, on average. For instance, the most recent updated included the Russian I-16 in 4k.

Edited by Audgisil
  • Like 1
On 25/1/2021 at 6:51 AM, -47-Uncle_Bob said:

yes to historical correct and no to political correct

Its not because they don't want it, it's because on europe is against the law

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...