TG-55Panthercules

[MOD] Historically Correct Official Skins (2K and 4K)

1 hour ago, huligan said:

there all your skins!Yeah! I just combined them into one folder

Ummm...  No, they're not.  Please give credit where credit is due.  The 2K skins for the BoS/BoM/BoK are by TG-55Panthercules, the 4K skins for BoBP are by spudkopf and the 4K Default, White and optional skins for BoS/BoM/BoK are by me.

5 hours ago, huligan said:

did not find 4K skins for 109E7,F2,G2,G4,110E2,G2,190A3,A5,

Hi @huligan,

The 109 E7, G4 & G6 / 110 E2 & G2 are not released in 4K yet.

@spudkopf did the 109 F2 skins here:

@spudkopf has also made the Fw 190 A3 skins here:

As far as I know, no one has given the historically accurate treatment to the 4K Fw 190 A5 or Bf 109 G2 yet. I think they are on @spudkopf's to do list.

• Thanks 1

Properly activate the mod package in JSGME? . . . I don't know what that is - but I want to.

I've read through the entire thread and I have no idea how to implement the directions.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Adler23FalkeAuge said:

Properly activate the mod package in JSGME? . . . I don't know what that is - but I want to.

I've read through the entire thread and I have no idea how to implement the directions.

Hi Adler, JSGME is an extended application that allows you to activate custom mods. Installation is easy, download it, extract and put that files in the game folder. After that you will have a folder called MODS, where you can put every mod you download here, then run JSGME.exe and activate it through that aplication.

P.S.: Don't forget to enable mods in game settings at first.

Edited by Marianggello

SOOOOOOO many thanks guys!!!!

At least, I feel like flying in a real simulation

Posted (edited)

BOBP skins are available.

There is a link from here:

It's 4th one up from the bottom of the post:

Link to 4K Official Skin Replacements for BoBP (955MB)

Edited by kendo
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Installed as per the instruction but having a little issue. While the skins appear to be working in game, in the plane selection portion of the quick mission menu the added skins are grey, while having the correct markings. Is this normal? 4k skins are enabled in the settings.

JSGME.png

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 18.30.27.49.png

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 18.30.32.67.png

Edited by DD_Mayhem

That's just a generic preview, it doesn't show the skin.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vonGraf said:

That's just a generic preview, it doesn't show the skin.

Thank you, I figured it might be just wanted some verification.:good:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DD_Mayhem said:

Installed as per the instruction but having a little issue. While the skins appear to be working in game, in the plane selection portion of the quick mission menu the added skins are grey, while having the correct markings. Is this normal? 4k skins are enabled in the settings.

We have grey planes in select menu several month ago, this mod is out-of-date, need rework for a color version.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

We have grey planes in select menu several month ago, this mod is out-of-date, need rework for a color version.

Yeah, @huligan went through and historically corrected some of the grey preview thumbs a view months ago, but since then a game update has changed all of the grey preview thumbs to colour ones.

If @huligan's still active on the forum maybe he'd like to update the new colour ones? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ROTER_BART said:

Yeah, @huligan went through and historically corrected some of the grey preview thumbs a view months ago, but since then a game update has changed all of the grey preview thumbs to colour ones.

If @huligan's still active on the forum maybe he'd like to update the new colour ones? 

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I'm not, by any means, complaining, I think the skins look great and really appreciate all the work that's gone into them. So you're saying, prior to recent updates, all the previews were grey originally?

3 minutes ago, DD_Mayhem said:

So you're saying, prior to recent updates, all the previews were grey originally

Yes, they were grey for all planes originally. Then with BoBP & FC the new planes were released with a coloured thumb preview. Then, for consistency, all of the older thumbs were updated to colour in a subsequent release.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ROTER_BART said:

Yes, they were grey for all planes originally. Then with BoBP & FC the new planes were released with a coloured thumb preview. Then, for consistency, all of the older thumbs were updated to colour in a subsequent release.

Got it, thanks again. Yeah, it'd be nice if those thumbs could get done, be hell, I'd even settle for color thumbs that didn't match the planes lol. On second thought, maybe not, LOL.

• Haha 1

There were just the two 4k He-111s added with 4.006 right?

Posted (edited)

Is it possible to have the Allied aircrafts with uncensored kill markings please ?

Thanks a lot ! 🙂

Edited by Ptolemy_Soter

On 5/21/2020 at 11:09 PM, Danziger said:

There were just the two 4k He-111s added with 4.006 right?

Ok I (likely incorrectly) thought that the new deferred shading and other changes meant that community skins needed tweaking to look their best. I'm no graphic artist so really don't know.

13 hours ago, Ptolemy_Soter said:

Is it possible to have the Allied aircrafts with uncensored kill markings please ?

Thanks a lot ! 🙂

So simple guy. Just desactivate this mod and you won’t have ANY offensive marking

1 hour ago, DN308 said:

So simple guy. Just desactivate this mod and you won’t have ANY offensive marking

In fact I would like to fly Allied aircraft with swastika kill markings...

I misspoke in my first post.

Well, there are some skins with non censored markings.

Most of the time, skinners design skins with or w/o censored markings 

You will have to check them

I am totally aware that there is plenty of skins with uncensored markings.

But this mod's goal is to make all official skins with their historical markings.

It does the job for German aircrafts. 

Allied aircrafts were often ornated with swastikas as kill markings. These remained censored.

That's why I would like to know if it is possible to inculde official Allied aircrafts skins to this mod ?

If it is possible to mod the German default skins, I'm certain it's possible to mod the other default skins.

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, Oyster_KAI said:

For anyone interested, I have modified all of the new colour German preview thumbs in the planes select menu to display the historically correct tail markings.

JSGME ready, or merge with this thread's excellent original mod.

Historically Correct Colour Previews.zip

Edited by ROTER_BART
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Thank you but there is no download link?/

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am noticing that the "Factory Late 1940" and "Black Chevron" Skins for the Bf 109 F-2 seem to be missing from the 4k pack at least.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Growlanser said:

What is this for and do I have to enable it?

The fact is many of the aircraft are now officially 4K with the 4K Normalmaps built in.  The whole mod pack of historical skins are outdated as it is a mixed bag of 2K and 4K skins.  I did the default & white skins in 4K from non-official templates.  There has been much evolution since then in terms of template quality.  The whole thing should be revisited.

FYI, A Normalmap (NM) is the "skin" under the skin that gives the skin texture and lighting reflection qualities.  A 4K skin can use a 2K NM but the skin will lose some of its definition.  It is also possible that the 4K NM  and skin have corrected position of items of the 2K NM on the aircraft by small amounts, so a 4k skin used with a 2K NM can lead to small anomalies. 

I uninstalled the mod a while ago due to these various issues.  At this point I don't even remember which historic skins are 2K and which are 4K.  It's possible the mod will be wrapping a 2K skin around an official 4K NM.

If you do use it make sure to turn Mods On in game to see them and check use 4K textures in the graphics settings.

Cheers!

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

23 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

The fact is many of the aircraft are now officially 4K with the 4K Normalmaps built in.  The whole mod pack of historical skins are outdated as it is a mixed bag of 2K and 4K skins.  I did the default & white skins in 4K from non-official templates.  There has been much evolution since then in terms of template quality.  The whole thing should be revisited.

FYI, A Normalmap (NM) is the "skin" under the skin that gives the skin texture and lighting reflection qualities.  A 4K skin can use a 2K NM but the skin will lose some of its definition.  It is also possible that the 4K NM  and skin have corrected position of items of the 2K NM on the aircraft by small amounts, so a 4k skin used with a 2K NM can lead to small anomalies. 

I uninstalled the mod a while ago due to these various issues.  At this point I don't even remember which historic skins are 2K and which are 4K.  It's possible the mod will be wrapping a 2K skin around an official 4K NM.

If you do use it make sure to turn Mods On in game to see them and check use 4K textures in the graphics settings.

Cheers!

If you haven't seen it yet, check out @spudkopf historically corrected skin packs. They are 4k and cover all the official skins not just the default.