TG-55Panthercules

[MOD] Historically Correct Official Skins (2K and 4K)

Will we see a new pack for all the planes in 4k (and 2k) ?

I personally want 4 k but i dont know about the rest.

• Upvote 3

I activated the skins in JSGME but it seems to do nothing. Should I manually move the activated files to IL2 directory, to self add a mod-file into it or what? Or set the jsgme into il2 root directory...

If you properly activated the mod package in JSGME and it doesn't appear in game, the two most likely culprits would probably be:

1.  You don't have "mods on" ticked in your settings - updates often reset things like that to default, so it may may turned your setting to "mods off"; or 

2. You haven't got the mod package installed in the proper directory and/or there's some problem with the folder structure of the mod package you are using.  The easiest thing to do would be for you to post a screenshot or type out your folder structure from your IL2-GB main folder down to where your modded skins are located.  Then folks can tell you whether you have them in the right place or not.

Superb! 

This game is great, the graphics are great, but it was missing something important to be historically really accurate and you made it.

thank you so much

I read the readme now for jsgme and put it on the il2 directory, but still no success.

As a comment to this whole issue I would like to say that WW2 game without historical markings is a joke. I´m most grateful to you modders that you are repairing a serious flaw. I don´t remember who said it or how did it excatly go, but if we deny history we have to repeat it.

mods.jpg

Your path should be:

1C Game Studios/IL-2 Strurmovik Great Battles/JSGME.exe

1C Game Studios/IL-2 Strurmovik Great Battles/JSGME.ini

1C Game Studios/IL-2 Strurmovik Great Battles/MODS

Thank you, I´m making progress. Default and White versions have now swastikas but named skins not.

Edit: I installed the original 2K skins manually and now I have all planes as they should be, marvellous!

Edited by Nurmblitz

Hi guys, I've installed yesterday this mod, simply fantastic! Many Thanks!

Ciao!

Marco

On 11/8/2019 at 9:19 AM, Mainstay said:

@TG-55Panthercules

Will we see a new pack for all the planes in 4k (and 2k) now with BOBP out?

I second this! Created a mission with 190D-9's yesterday and when i saw them I was taken aback for a second.

The mod for the Official skin replacements for BoBP is up.  This pack is different from others of my downloads as it contains ALL the official German skins not just the Default.  As a result the pack is 955MB.  These skins are the work of spudkopf and we need to thank him for his time and effort producing them.  All I have done is fit them into the appropriate placement in the mod.  There are no thumbnails of these as they are pretty much the same skin as the official, except with a hankencruz.  This pack is JSGME ready.  Unzip it into MODS directory for activation by JSGME.  Make sure to check Enable Mods in the Game settings in order to see them.

The download link is contained in my main post for all the 4K skin mods on page 1, dated March 30, 2018.

Link:  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35423-mod-historically-correct-official-skins-2k-and-4k/?do=findComment&comment=597695

Let me know if there are any issues.

BTW, remember to deactivate and delete the 4K Default Skin Replacements for BoBP mod pack if you were previously using this.

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

Where is this picture located? I want Historically Correct this too!!!

2019_11_16__18_44_51.thumb.jpg.065b3d2df4960fc2cea29e3d535ff73b.jpg

----------

30.03.2018 в 16:44, VBF-12_Stick-95 сказал:

Link to 4K Official Skin Replacements for BoBP (955MB) - This covers ALL Official skins not just Defaults  Updated 16 November 19:

Where 4K Normalmaps for it ?

Edited by huligan

14 minutes ago, huligan said:

Where 4K Normalmaps for it ?

BoBP skins are already in 4K therefore additional Nomalmaps are not necessary.

• Like 1

29 минут назад, VBF-12_Stick-95 сказал:

Nomalmaps are not necessary

ok. But there no in ...\data\swf\il2\worldobjects\planes\

preview skins for g14,k4,A8,D9,262

17 minutes ago, huligan said:

ok. But there no in ...\data\swf\il2\worldobjects\planes\

preview skins for g14,k4,A8,D9,262

As I said:

3 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

...  There are no thumbnails of these as they are pretty much the same skin as the official, except with a hankencruz.  ...

there it is, but I have to edit everything myself

2.thumb.jpg.3b79ffa97c452e40a80299a76509e0ac.jpg

1 час назад, huligan сказал:

Where is this picture located? I want Historically Correct this too!!!

2019_11_16__18_44_51.thumb.jpg.065b3d2df4960fc2cea29e3d535ff73b.jpg

it found myself!:biggrin:

...\data\swf\il2\coalitions\axispowers\flag.big.dds

3.jpg.2fbafabe1eb4a148f5504b99521d9192.jpg

I believe spudkopf was able to extract the actual Official skin from the game.  The new skins therefore are the exact same skin as the official for each plane with the addition of a  hakenkreuz.  There are roughly 50 skins in the pack (5 planes x 10 skins each).  In order to make new thumbnails requires taking a screenshot of each plane in flight under the right lighting conditions in game, converting the screenshot files to a different file format, cropping it to the correct aspect ratio, resizing it to a specific size, exporting it as a dds file with specific naming, and placing it in a file structure that has to be constructed.  Since the "new" skins are the same as the official ones and the only thing that has changed is the hakenkreuz, I did not think the time involved to create new thumbnails was worth it.  Once the mod is activated you will see them in Skinviewer.

• Upvote 1

@VBF-12_Stick-95

The new skin pack seems to only contain the five BoBP aircraft. I have the other pack installed and if  want the new pack activated at the same time it throws up an error message as follows:

Folder "data\swf\il2\worldobjects" has already been added by the "Historically Correct German Official Skins for BoM-BoS-BoK" mod.
Folder "data\swf\il2\worldobjects\planes" has already been added by the "Historically Correct German Official Skins for BoM-BoS-BoK" mod.

Enabling this mod "may" have adverse effects on your game. Are you sure you wish to enable this mod?

EDIT: Never mind. I have manually combined the two and that works fine. I'm pretty sure that the link only gives the five aircraft though.

Edited by TP_Silk
Updated

@TP_Silk  There are only 5 aircraft because there are only 5 German aircraft (4+1 collector) that need hakenkreuz as part of BoBP.  Each aircraft has about 10 skins however.  The 2K skins for ALL German BOS/BOM/BOK are contain in TG-55Panthercules main Historically Correct Official Skins pack.  My packs for BOS/BOM/BOK are for 4K upgrades for all Default and White German skins only.  The BoBP skins by spudkopf I made into a separate pack as the file size was so large.  There is an optional pack for some historical aircraft 4K skins including Russian.

As far as the JSGME warning message, my main post states:

These mods can be used separately or in tandem with the Historically Correct German Official Skins for BOM-BOS-BOK mod pack.  If used with it, make sure to activate their mod first, then activate these mods which will overwrite portions of theirs.  You will receive a warning from JSGME.  Just click “YES” to continue.  This is non-destructive to their original mod if this one is deactivated.  If the mods are activated in the other order you will not see this mod.  When deactivating mods where one has overwritten another always deactivate the last mod first.  The 4K Normalmap pack can be activated in any sequence but I would suggest activating it before this mod.  This mod will not affect any Custom skins you have installed.

The warnings you listed are only folders that already exist.  In the case of the BoBP pack, by saying Yes, it will not delete/overwrite info in those folders but add the new data to it.

EDIT:  I corrected my post above to indicate the BoBP pack is for German only however this entire thread is only related to placing hakenkreuz on aircraft.

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

Yes, I get that it's only the German ones and only the Hakenkreuz. I thought your post meant that you had included all German aircraft from all expansions in the update and that's why it was so large. Obviously not. Thanks anyway.

8 hours ago, TP_Silk said:

Yes, I get that it's only the German ones and only the Hakenkreuz. I thought your post meant that you had included all German aircraft from all expansions in the update and that's why it was so large. Obviously not. Thanks anyway.

Like he explained you can merge this and the other one so it covers all German aircraft on all fronts. Pretty easy and simple. @VBF-12_Stick-95

TThanks for the pack!

Many thanks VBF-12_Stick-95 (and Spudkopf) for all your work and effort that's gone into these revised skins.

I appreciate it very much. For me, looking at an Me-109 without a swastika is like looking at a Mustang without stars & bars, or a Spitfire without roundels etc.

Just doesn't look right!

When I first downloaded the latest skin pack (BoBP), and then activated it, I was thrown by the lack of thumbnails in the skin selection screen and mistakenly thought that I'd either cocked up the installation or that the download had been corrupted somehow. So I ended up downloading it a couple times and even deactivated/reactivated the other mods while trying to get to the bottom of it. As a last resort, I deleted everything and started over by downloading the assorted packs again and it was only then that I read that there wasn't any preview thumbnails!

Hehe, I gotta admit that that had me scratching my head for a while! 😆

Could I suggest that you add a bold note (on the post with the download links to the assorted packs) warning people of this?

I appreciate that there would be a huge amount of work involved to add them, but hopefully this could be gradually addressed over time in the future.

Also, with this latest pack does the "Optional" skin pack become redundant or does it contain skins not included in the others?

Many thanks again 👍

S!

Edited by Von_Drinkoften
typo

22 hours ago, TP_Silk said:

...and that's why it was so large. ...

Ya, it adds up quickly.  For BoBP only = 53 skins X 21.846MB = ~1.158GB

25 minutes ago, Von_Drinkoften said:

Could I suggest that you add a bold note (on the post with the download links to the assorted packs) warning people of this?

Also, with this latest pack does the "Optional" skin pack become redundant or does it contain skins not included in the others?

Good idea, I placed the note in my main post.

The 4K Default Optional Skins mod is explained in the post below.  All included skins are based on historic skins for each plane, leaving off bort numbers.  It only includes one German plane, the 190A-3, all the rest are Allied and therefore are not redundant.  Please note, the A-3 is one of a couple early 2K skins that has been updated to 4K as an Official Skin.  When you activate the Historically Correct German Official Skins for BoM-BoS-BoK mod it reverts the skin back to 2K.  When activating the 4K Default Optional Skins mod after the Historically Correct German Official Skins for BoM-BoS-BoK mod it will replace this 2K A-3 skin from that mod with a different 4K.  I suggest you install it last, activate it and take a look at them in Skinviewer to see if you like them.  You can always deactivate it or delete part of a mod and reactivate.  It is hoped that these new 4K skins for the older series will eventually be placed in new mods with the correct markings.

• Thanks 1

I've always had the same question .... should we use them in JSGME or should we copy and paste replacing the original files (I have dared to do it so for fear to mess up the game)?

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

50 минут назад, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan сказал:

should we use them in JSGME

Yeah!  JSGME -the best of!

Mod enablers, whether JSGME or OVGME are always recommended - by turning the mod on or off with a few clicks you save yourself from headache of:

a) game updater reverting files to stock whenever patch is up (DCS updater does it, I don't know if IL-2's one does it as well?);

b) game getting messed up when the mod doesn't work correctly or becomes incompatible with new versions of the game;

c) figuring out / narrowing down which of a couple of mods (if you use a few) causes potential problems;

22 hours ago, huligan said:

"Historically Correct German Official Skins Full 4K"  (all German planes with preview skins)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lHY9I3ya1nJjBuTE71Q5llzt0-Y0tC6x/view?usp=sharing

1.thumb.jpg.8513e5f4cf874ce73f56ca7974012dde.jpg

Thanks for fixing up all of those German thumbnail preview skins.

One small issue with the Bf 109 F2 though. When this plane was upgraded to 4K, quite a few changes were made to the default skins as well as 2 new skins (14 & 15) being added, so unfortunately many of the thumbnails no longer match the default skins.

I've extracted and attached the relevant thumbnail files for your reference in case you might like to give them the historically correct treatment as well.

skins.zip

Edited by ROTER_BART
  • Upvote 1

3 часа назад, FoxbatRU сказал:

Luftwaffe aircraft that are parked

Where are original skins located?

• Like 1

@huligan  Just wanted to mention that all skins are not 4K as your title seems to infer.  It is a mix of 2K and 4K for BoS/BoM/BoK.  For BoS/BoM/BoK the Default and White skins from my packs are 4K and overwrite those in the 2K pack.  Other skins for BoS/BoM/BoK remain 2K.

1 час назад, huligan сказал:

Where are original skins located?

\graphics\blocks\textures

2 часа назад, VBF-12_Stick-95 сказал:

Just wanted to mention

there all your skins!Yeah! I just combined them into one folder

You are right, 2k skins are there,and I missed something:(

reupload later

Edited by huligan