Sign in to follow this  
Gambit21

English speaking voice actors needed for upcoming campiagn.

Mods - please give this a few days here before moving if you see fit to move.

Gents,

While I'm finishing work on an official A-20 scripted campaign over the next 2 months, I'm also starting preliminary work on an official P-47 "Hell Hawks" scripted campaign.

That's a working title, and the fighter group might change to the366th (Battle of Y-29 and all) ...not important right now. :)

What is important...I'm looking to take immersion to the next level with custom radio commands, something I couldn't do with a Russian campaign.

I need American voice actors for various pilots etc, both in the player fight and other "atmosphere" radio calls.

I also need voices for other historical units/forward controllers, such as 5th Armored, (Burner) 3rd Armored (Formroom) etc.

This is early days, and I need to determine if I can pull this off in the way that I envision - I'm tired of text subtitles only.

If you're interested, if you think you can contribute, please drop me a PM.

I can't offer any compensation for this, as budget is 0. 

This isn't as easy as you might think,  I've been experimenting and I've had to record a call 10 times because I hate my own voice when I hear it played back.

It takes some experimentation before you sound like a young guy in the 1945 in a war instead of a guy talking to his phone recorder in 2018. :)

Sometimes a calm business like tone is needed, other times a bit of adrenaline needs to be simulated...which as me yelling at my phone and feeling like a dork.

Do you speak close to "broadcast" English? Great. Do you have a Texas or Alabama accent? Great...I want variety.

I think it's as simple as using the voice memo app on your phone. I'll need to add static/distortion so high bit-rate recordings are not important.

Anyway, if you're interested in helping, please contact me via PM.

Thank you.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 1

I speak Quebecois "joile" and can swear in two languages like a boss!

So if you need a English/French Canadian to voice a pilot hurtling into the ground at 500kph in a burning plane, I'm your man. :cool:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

I speak Quebecois "joile" and can swear in two languages like a boss!

So if you need a English/French Canadian to voice a pilot hurtling into the ground at 500kph in a burning plane, I'm your man. :cool:

I think you missed the part about him wanting American voices.

34 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Perhaps there could be a mission with radio messages from one of the RCAF squadrons present at Bodenplatte?

If I had a decent mike set up, I wouldn't be against voicing in. I've always wanted to give it a go.

All I have is a headphone mike, though.

EDIT: I actually have a friend who has some amateur voice acting experience and a decent recording set-up. I don't want to PM you twice in a row, but I can put you into contact with him.

Edited by FarflungWanderer

Good voice acting is everything in creating an immersive and believable atmosphere.  Imagine playing the Homeworld games for example, with BoX's system of voice acting...  The entire quality of the game would feel very different indeed.

Good luck with the project.  I hope you find the people for the job.  Hit me up if I can be of assistance with the sound editing.

Well, I get asked a lot when people meet me if I work in radio, so there's that if it might be handy.

2 hours ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

Well, I get asked a lot when people meet me if I work in radio, so there's that if it might be handy.

You sure they aren't saying you have a face for radio?

• Haha 3

I could play the part of the "country bumpkin" ;)

Edited by =FEW=Herne

I've worked professionally as a voice actor, but I am felled by the American bit, I'm afraid. Do let me know if you ever do an RAF campaign.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LukeFF said:

What? I can say "Y'all" and chug Bud at the same time.

Elitists... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I'm also starting preliminary work on an official P-47 "Hell Hawks" scripted campaign.

tmp_14833-giphy1022839285.gif

• Upvote 1

I can play the role of the very obvious German spy that noone busts, because they adore his badly hidden German accent. ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Accent from the middle of the mid west here.  But all I have is a headset mic.  What kind of recording software/hardware are you looking for?

12 minutes ago, SYN_Mike77 said:

Accent from the middle of the mid west here.  But all I have is a headset mic.  What kind of recording software/hardware are you looking for?

14 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I think it's as simple as using the voice memo app on your phone. I'll need to add static/distortion so high bit-rate recordings are not important.

I'm now from Georgia in the USA, lived in the Midwest and South all my life and have about as American an accent as you can get.

Will be glad to help.

I'm in, Midwestern accent. The accent of newscasters and telemarketers. :biggrin:

But I'm 40, so consider my advanced age! 

All who have responded so far - thank you! I'm in a class all day today and will get back to you this evening.

3 hours ago, Etherlight said:

I can play the role of the very obvious German spy that noone busts, because they adore his badly hidden German accent. ^^

This is a great idea :lol:

I do have an accent... Unfortunately it's not Texas or Alabama accents. But on the bright side no air traffic controller ever complained about my English for the past 15 years, so I guess it's legit LOL

Could this mean that one of the first planes that will be released for boB will be "the Jug?" Hence the planning for these missions?

8 hours ago, sdflyer said:

I do have an accent... Unfortunately it's not Texas or Alabama accents. But on the bright side no air traffic controller ever complained about my English for the past 15 years, so I guess it's legit LOL

Texas or Alabama were just examples...point is I don't need everyone to sound like Peter Jennings etc :)

If you think you might want to help, drop me a PM.

2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Could this mean that one of the first planes that will be released for boB will be "the Jug?" Hence the planning for these missions?

The Jug is simple from a 3D model standpoint compared to other aircraft, as it's basically a tube.

Having created a very high-res model  and render of a P-51D for a project a few years ago, modeling a Jug would be like taking a rest compared to the Mustang.

That said there's a lot more to it than the 3D model, and I have no inside knowledge on when the Jug will be ready...just that I'll see it before you. ;)

I picked it as the next subject for several reasons, but basically aside from the Mustang, it's what I'm most equipped to deal with from a knowledge, research standpoint, and along with the Tempest yields the most bang for the buck with regard to mud-moving capability with some air to air action as well. I have extensive, almost unique research on the 352nd (Mustangs), including interviews I've conducted with the pilots when they were alive. So, on one hand that would be a no-brainer...but you just can't argue with the Jug's payload.

That's primary reason.

I'll definitely create a stand-along "Battle of Y-29" mission for the Mustang though.

Edited by Gambit21

I'm.... well, I'm obviously Canadian, but I'm from BC, so my accent won't really be any different from Americans in the northern states.

I think I may be of use though, young fellows aren't terribly common in the combat flight sim world, and my brother has quite the snazzy mic, along with recording software to boot.

If you need your novice pilot to sing as he plummets to the ground in a ball of fire, I'm also a decent baritone/bass.  :P

Would you want recordings already edited to sound like radio chatter, or just pure and unedited?

On 3/28/2018 at 2:25 AM, Royal_Flight said:

You sure they aren't saying you have a face for radio?

No. I get asked repeatedly if I do radio or announcing work. My job is closer to electrical engineer, so this is somewhat amusing. 

I'm a RW pilot used to talking on the radio.  I'm happy to pitch in.  I'm from Texas, and perhaps have a bit of a drawl.  

Edited by WWGriphos