Official Skin Template Links (Updated 4/27/21)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed the official Hs-129 B-2 and i16 templates are still 2k, and i downloaded a few 4k skins for them ... f.i this virus killer LoL:

Death to the Virus i16.jpg

Martin, thanks for the C47. Q: are there chances for 2k to 4k official template upgrades? HS129, Ju88A4, Bf109_E7, a few more?

Edited by jollyjack
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel I am missing some points here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I see that the skins listed and updated in this post are 4K skins in adobe photoshop format for skinners, to use this as a base template.

When comparing planes with default skins I have some that feel 4K with crips details and other seem 2K more fuzzy.

What is the status with the standard skins that come with the game. Is it a mixed combination of 2K and 4K, with 4K replacing the 2K as time goes by with each update.

Any clue?

Regarding the cockpits they are excellent, crisp and seem indeed to be all 4K as a standard. 

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

What is the status with the standard skins that come with the game

Only some of them are still 2k, they are being updated gradually until ALL are 4k.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mr.Jason_Williams,

Please show me the installing path for your(psd Dokuments) public skins.

I bought the game from IL-2 Sturmovic shop not from  Steam.

Pz.V-d and PzVI-H1  I downloaded from the community"Achtung Panzer!"" I did put the files in "graphics/Skins/pzv-d and pzvi-h1" and "Vehicles/pzv-d and pzvi-h1/textures.

But only the skin changes of "pzv-d"are shown in the game.

All the other skin changes from the community of "pz III-m, pz.IV-g" and so on are not shown in the game. 

On 2/4/2021 at 2:20 PM, =GEMINI=Hawkmoon98 said:

hi, i saw that yak 9 skins are all in PSB that is not available for use on GIMP, there is a way to get it to at least PSD?

You need to just convert it to .psd. There's no problem with that as far as compatibility goes, PSB is just a large file-format size. I guess that you CAN'T because you use GIMP though. I take it you're talking about TEMPLATES and not SKINS?

3 hours ago, kroepke10 said:

Hi Mr.Jason_Williams,

Please show me the installing path for your(psd Dokuments) public skins.

I bought the game from IL-2 Sturmovic shop not from  Steam.

Pz.V-d and PzVI-H1  I downloaded from the community"Achtung Panzer!"" I did put the files in "graphics/Skins/pzv-d and pzvi-h1" and "Vehicles/pzv-d and pzvi-h1/textures.

But only the skin changes of "pzv-d"are shown in the game.

All the other skin changes from the community of "pz III-m, pz.IV-g" and so on are not shown in the game. 

With regards to the part I've made bold in the quote, if your talking about this [MOD] Achtung Panzer! - Mods - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum then this is a mod for the game, not just custom skins, and as such would only work if you enable the "mods on" mode;

320008141_IL-2GameLauncher14_02_202117_40_56.png.3a0ddbf63c09cf43f50823354e5b0cf8.png

4 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

You need to just convert it to .psd. There's no problem with that as far as compatibility goes, PSB is just a large file-format size. I guess that you CAN'T because you use GIMP though. I take it you're talking about TEMPLATES and not SKINS?

yeah sorry templates

• Like 1

Hi Olliver 88,

thanks for the info.Shure I have enabled "Mods activate" and "4 K textures".

The textures mods from the community mostly made in "DDS Format". But when I put the "DDS file" in "data/graphics/skins" or "data/graphics/vehicles/Textures" I can not see any skin changes in the game. I need a general info. about the right path to install these skin files.

I also downloaded the "psd. files" from Mr. Jason_Williams.

Please show me the install path for Mr.Jason_Williams (psd Dokuments) public skins. For example: For panzer "VI H1" there are two psd files. 1.Alpha_PzVIH1_Public, 2. PzVIH1_Public.

Do I have to unpack this files? and how?. Or, where I have to place these files?

BTW.A lot of freaks made skins for the tanks. But it is very rare that these freaks describe the install path of their files. And if they do, the path for me is not working correct.

43 minutes ago, kroepke10 said:

Hi Olliver 88,

thanks for the info.Shure I have enabled "Mods activate" and "4 K textures".

The textures mods from the community mostly made in "DDS Format". But when I put the "DDS file" in "data/graphics/skins" or "data/graphics/vehicles/Textures" I can not see any skin changes in the game. I need a general info. about the right path to install these skin files.

I also downloaded the "psd. files" from Mr. Jason_Williams.

Please show me the install path for Mr.Jason_Williams (psd Dokuments) public skins. For example: For panzer "VI H1" there are two psd files. 1.Alpha_PzVIH1_Public, 2. PzVIH1_Public.

Do I have to unpack this files? and how?. Or, where I have to place these files?

BTW.A lot of freaks made skins for the tanks. But it is very rare that these freaks describe the install path of their files. And if they do, the path for me is not working correct.

For any problems with the Auchtung Panzer you should post in the thread for that mods. Just because the files are also DDS images does not mean they are going to work with the mods mode disabled. It depends on what texture in the game the DDS image is trying to change. Where those files go also depends on the mod, so for problems with Auchtung Panzer seek advice in its thread.

There are mods that change textures and then there are custom skins, two similar but different things.

For the tank skins (assuming process is same as plane skins) that you can find here (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/134-skins-and-templates/) they would go into the relevant folders in data/graphics/skins.

As for the PSD files that Jason Williams has posted in this thread, they are not skins, you do not install them into your game. They are files for use in Photoshop or GIMP for players to create skins. They are what us “freaks” use to make DDS custom skins.

Edited by Oliver88

Hi Oliver 88,

thank`s for explaining. I did not know that Mr.Jason-Williams PSD files are for skin makers. As I am far away from that I realy posting in the wrong threat.

I take your advice and ask in the right threat. 

• Jason_Williams changed the title to Official Skin Template Links (Updated 3/4/21)

Thank you so much! Superb work as usual! Especially your normal maps are such game changers  :salute:. And by using your templates one could make the mistake of considering himself an artist 🤪

In any case I guess I have to find time to reconstruct 23 skins in near future 😄

• Jason_Williams changed the title to Official Skin Template Links (Updated 3/22/21)

Something happen with new Emil template? When i try to change upper RLM, i get this heavy outline. Even when i set minimum tolerance, it still remains. I never have this before with old template.
Can someone help?

Скрытый текст

before

w.jpg

after

ww.jpg

---

www.jpg

Edited by JG77-FluGb0t-
23 hours ago, JG77-FluGb0t- said:

Something happen with new Emil template? When i try to change upper RLM, i get this heavy outline. Even when i set minimum tolerance, it still remains. I never have this before with old template.
Can someone help?

I would recommend not using the fill tool to change camo layers with soft edges.  I use either one of 2 methods.

1. If you are happy with an approximation, use the replace colour tool, or the colour balance tool to adjust to the new colour.
  2. Or if you want a specific colour.  CTRL and Left Click on the layer to select the contents, then use the rectangle too to overwrite the selection.
  • Thanks 1
  • Jason_Williams changed the title to Official Skin Template Links (Updated 3/24/21)

To really do the Mc.202 justice please download this new 4K normalmap.  Please note there are some very substantial changes in panel layout for the new 4K Mc.202 skins and template.

Rivets

Lines

Details

All updated to be far more accurate, with thanks and invaluable input from 4SCT_Vespa.  If he didn't know about it, it was worth adding to the template or skins. :)

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/tGWBHLkaot

Edited by ICDP
  • Thanks 3
  • Jason_Williams changed the title to Official Skin Template Links (Updated 4/27/21)