Official Skin Template Links (Updated 4/11/21)

i will be doing the blue and yellow noses as well as 357'th and 78'th . Only what was present in that area . As for the P38 i just hope we wont come across the problem of skinning the exterior section of the second boom . 

Edited by dog1
  • Like 1

I will be doing what I'm gonna do. I do 'em for the pleasure (and sometimes on people's request/pleasure). I got a couple in mind and I would imagine that others may have the same one(s) but hey, the more the merrier!! :salute::coffee:

• Like 2
14 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I am not complaining or chasing people to work faster.  I just don't understand how things work...

How do we get new aircraft with a selection of skins but we have to wait for a template to be created?   In my ignorance,  I would expect that there had to be a template in order to create the default skins we get with the new aircraft.   That is obviously not the case but does anyone know what actually happens?    Are the aircraft modelled with skins already applied in the 3D modelling phase then someone has to painstakingly build a 2D template from scratch in the same way as someone might make a skin based on photographs or an airfix model?

I imagine they do have their own template when they are making the official skins. They probably look like my template. Very messy, many unnecessary layers, stuff with odd names that were supposed to be temporary that you forgot about and now it's just there. Basically someone like ICDP or Jason takes the dev templates and sorts through the mess, cleans them up, organises them, and makes them presentable for public release. That can take some time.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Danziger said:
5 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Very messy, many unnecessary layers, stuff with odd names that were supposed to be temporary that you forgot about and now it's just there

I thought that was how templates were MEANT to look? Personally I wouldn't have it any other way!! :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

I thought that was how templates were MEANT to look? Personally I wouldn't have it any other way!! :rolleyes:

Yeah but it's like walking into my dad's garage/workshop. He may know exactly where everything is but to me it just looks like a messy trash heap.

In the old il2 1946, the code scheme of the airport had handled in the settings, was not the part of the skin, i reckon, that that is not a may. Then we know years in the base of years. I’ve distored. Would bych welcome at least to oficial skins, when what was more clearly on air, and for air camera preview.

(MX-A, MX-B, MX-C) (PE-A, PE-B, PE-C)

image.png

image.png

13 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

You'll probably notice if you do any skins that the details such as weathering, riveting, panelling etc. on the ''public templates' are generally far more detailed and, well, refined. This has to be arranged and correlated by someone like ICDP, Blackhellhound etc, usually ICDP. Well, he's done all the default skins for the new planes and so I would imagine that he will be arranging templates for human consumption as we speak. 

Just check a skin that is a default in-game one against one that has been made by someone with an 'after-market' template and you can see the difference quite plainly.

It is for this reason that whenever I do a skin I ALWAYS credit the creator of the template as I KNOW what work is involved in creating one (I've done loads and believe me, it's a lot) and also how much time it consumes.

Patience my friend, patience...

Rap

:salute:

ps I hope this don't come across as anything other than a friendly heads-up... ;)

I do dabble in skins but to be honest I had not noticed that the default ones were not to the same standard as the templates. I rarely look very closely at skins unless I am working on them and I never get to work on default skins.

I know people often disguise a complaint inside a 'I don't understand..' query but honestly I was not being impatient, I was really just asking out of curiosity.  OTOH I am eager to see the new tempest template because I belong to 56 sqn and need to produce at least 8 skins with our own letters and maybe our own emblems beneath the cockpit eg US-C is flown by our Polish CO so he would probably rather have a Polish flag than the default one (what is that? Norwegian?)

• Like 1
On 3/26/2018 at 7:57 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Official IL-2 Aircraft Templates

Battle of Stalingrad

IL-2 Mod. 42 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Lagg-3 Ser. 29 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Pe-2 Ser. 87 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Yak-1 Ser. 69 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Bf-109 F4 / Art by 1CGS-BlackHellHound / Prepared by BlackHellHound / 4K resolution (Updated 7/4/19)

Bf-109 G2 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Ju-87 D-3 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

He-111 H-6 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

La-5 Ser. 8 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Fw-190 A-3 / Art by 1CGS-ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Updated 7/4/19)

Battle of Moscow

I-16 Type 24 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

IL-2 Mod. 41 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Mig-3 Ser. 24 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Pe-2 Ser. 35 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Bf-109 E-7 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Bf-110 E-2 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Bf-109 F2 / Art by BlackHellHound / Prepared by BlackHellHound / 4K resolution (Updated 12/24/18) 

Ju-88 A-4 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

MC-202 Ser. VIII / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

P-40 E-1 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Battle of Kuban

IL-2 Mod. 43 / Art by BlackHellHound / Prepared by BlackHellHound / 4K resolution

P-39 L-1 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by ICDP / 2K resolution

A-20B / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution

Yak-7B Ser. 36 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by ICDP / 2K resolution

Bf-109 G-4 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Fw-190 A-5  / Art by ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution

Bf-110 G-2 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

He-111 H-16 / Art by ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution

Spitfire Mk.Vb / Art by ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Updated 4/3/18)

Hs-129 B-2  / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by UF_Zargos / 2K resolution

Collector Planes

Ju-52/3M (For AI) (new template being worked on for flyable version) / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Yak-1B Ser. 127 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by Jason / 2K resolution

Bf-109 G-6  / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by ICDP / 2K resolution (Added 8/5/18)

La-5FN Ser.2  / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by UF_Zargos / 2K resolution (Added 4/4/18)

U-2VS / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 2/3/19)

Battle of Bodenplatte

Spitfire Mk.IXe / Art by 1CGS-ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Updated 4/25/19)

Bf-109 G-14  / Art by 1CGS-ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/3/19)

P-47D-28 / Art by 1CGS-ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/3/19)

Bf-109 K-4  / Art by 1CGS-ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Updated 4/3/19)

Fw-190 A-8  / Art by 1CGS-ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/2/19) 

Fw-190 D-9 / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Updated 4/1/19)

Me-262 / Art by 1CGS-ICDP / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/2/19) 

Tank Crew

Tiger 1 / Art by DigitalForms / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 8/1/18)

KV-1s / Art by DigitalForms / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 8/1/18)

Panzer III M / Art by DigitalForms / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 4/1/19)

M4A2 Sherman / Art by DigitalForms / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 4/5/19)

Flying Circus

SPAD 13  / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 11/21/18)

Fokker Dr.1 / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 8/10/18)

Pfalz D.IIIa / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 12/29/18)

Sopwith Camel / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 12/30/18)

Sopwith Dolphin / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/2/19)

Fokker D.VII / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/2/19)

Fokker D.VIIF / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/2/19)

Albatros D.Va  / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/29/19)

S.E.5a / Art by Yugra Media / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 7/29/19)

*New Templates will be added just as soon as it is possible. I also plan to add community made 4K templates to this list as available so everything is in one easy spot. If you are the creator of a community 4K template and wish to have it listed here please contact me so I can keep the list current. 

Jason

Greetings Jason,

the download link for Bf 109F-4 template is broken. Klicking on it generates a message "generating new download key" but that doesn't work. So, no download possible.

May I ask for a working download link?

best regards

eastriverman

On 10/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, eastriverman said:

May I ask for a working download link?

HERE you go. Please let me know when you've downloaded it as I'm running short of space on my Mega?

Cheers

Rap

:salute:

UPDATE: LINK IS NOW DEAD...

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

@ICDP

Ok, thank you for the answer.

I just checked the template you send, and I see with the reflection of the sun on the body's plane the inscription Moonbeam McSwine with the victory marks and the Squadron letters HO and the W on the vertical fine. If it is easy to remove can you tell me on which layer did you put this ?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

17 minutes ago, 6FG_Moonbeam said:

@ICDP

Ok, thank you for the answer.

I just checked the template you send, and I see with the reflection of the sun on the body's plane the inscription Moonbeam McSwine with the victory marks and the Squadron letters HO and the W on the vertical fine. If it is easy to remove can you tell me on which layer did you put this ?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

I will upload a fixed version

7 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

Is anyone else getting  'The shared resource center appears to be empty. Looks like the owner removed the content' So CLOSE yet so FARR!!!!!

Yup. I think he's correcting a layer.

Hi all,

UPDATE: I have updated my the P-51D template to add some additional fixes and new layers to aid skinners.

• Raptorattacker has generously provided his chequered nose and tail layers.  It might not seem like much but this is hours of work to get right.  So thanks go to @Raptorattacker
  • RAF markings (including 112 Squadron shark mouth)
  • More accurate blue nosed b*****ds layer.
  • Some fixes to prop hub layer
  • Fixes to dirt layer texture joins.

To get these fixes please download the template again from the same link above.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35355-official-skin-template-links-updated-10619/?do=findComment&comment=829733

@Tom_Weiss @361st_Bugsy @Danziger @szelljr

Edited by ICDP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

Thanks! Does anyone know which Hamilton Standard logo was used on this version's prop blades? Also, does anyone have a clear photo of what the stencils are supposed to say? Third, is there supposed to be anything stenciled on the backside of the blades?

• Jason_Williams changed the title to Official Skin Template Links (Updated 4/11/21)
  • LukeFF unpinned this topic
  • LukeFF pinned this topic