Jason_Williams

Official Skin Template Links (Updated 2/19/20)

1 hour ago, Danziger said:

Thanks! Does anyone know which Hamilton Standard logo was used on this version's prop blades? Also, does anyone have a clear photo of what the stencils are supposed to say? Third, is there supposed to be anything stenciled on the backside of the blades?

1: Not particularly and it's of little use anyway as the props aren't practically editable

2: Personally, no. I tend to get all that information bit by bit from various sources.

3: No because, as in most propellers, the pilot needs as little 'distraction' as possible. A lot of bare aluminium or bare wooden props were painted grey or black on the backside for this very purpose. It'd be like driving a car with a huge lump of birdpoo right in your eyeline!

Hop that helps some?

Rap

:salute:

3 hours ago, Danziger said:

Thanks! Does anyone know which Hamilton Standard logo was used on this version's prop blades? Also, does anyone have a clear photo of what the stencils are supposed to say? Third, is there supposed to be anything stenciled on the backside of the blades?

a10a14b7d043e9154a9b006f7c6dc9f3.jpg

3 hours ago, Danziger said:

HamiltonStandard.svg

Hamilton+Standard.jpg

4 minutes ago, OREL_Shifty said:

a10a14b7d043e9154a9b006f7c6dc9f3.jpg

HamiltonStandard.svg

Hamilton+Standard.jpg

SORRY, YOUR QUESTION WAS, IF WAS USED ON THIS PROP.

I've extracted the extra textures for the stang because I want to upscale them from 1024. I want to add clearer stencils and weathering to the prop as well as some dirt and weathering for the tyres.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danziger said:

I've extracted the extra textures for the stang because I want to upscale them from 1024

Totally see where you're coming from. I'm almost obsessive about things like wheels (tyres especially!) but I also often come to the conclusion that I kinda just tell myself, "Leave it Rap, LEAVE IT!!". Let me know how you get on, I'd be real interested?

Rap

;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Danziger said:

1. I believe so

2. There are plenty on the internet however there are slight variations.

3. No nothing on the back side that I have ever saw.

I'm not rushing it because I am not that knowledgeable about the P51 and I will have to do alphas and bumps as well so it will be a while. I've found out that the prop stencils are not consistent between planes so a lot of different combinations are feasible. There were markings on the back side for bore sighting the guns and camera but they weren't always present and not on all the blades.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danziger said:

There were markings on the back side for bore sighting the guns and camera but they weren't always present and not on all the blades.

Well, y'learn summat new every day! Thanks for that, another one to file under 'when I need it'!! :good:

Hi all,

Some variations in size and number of lines for these markings as said by Spektre. Always low angle 23.0 high angle 63.0. stenciled in yellow. The Hamilton standard logo is often visible but not systematically. According to Fündekals, rear face of the blades could have some small markings too. More info here http://www.fundekals.com/images/P-51_Stencil/P-51_Stencil_Inst_Final_rev09-2015.pdf

So far, I didn’t find a ww2 photograph confirming this.

I already upgraded the propeller stencils and markings for the screenshots of my wip "Detroit Miss" P-51 (you can find somewhere in the thread "P-51 jet killers suggestions" if interested).

The propellers (and the wheels ) are not on the "main" skin.The .dds file, originally in 1024 x 1024, is located in p51d15/textures encrypted in planes7.gtp and need to be resized in 2048 x2048 to improve it and needs mods to be enabled.

The paint matches exactly what I saw on the P-51D here in WA. The tops of the wing are painted and the control surfaces shinny. When you said markings on the back I thought you meant the logo. But thanks for the great find. This will aid me with my 374th FS skin pack. I have quite a few pictures with codes and nose arts that went with them as well as the pilots names who flew each one.

14 hours ago, Pierre64 said:

in 2048 x2048 to improve it and needs mods to be enabled

If you take the time it DOES end up looking sweet though, dunnit?

Hello,
For Tank crew, is it possible to see the models in the viewer ?
Thanks

17 hours ago, Pierre64 said:

Hi all,

Some variations in size and number of lines for these markings as said by Spektre. Always low angle 23.0 high angle 63.0. stenciled in yellow. The Hamilton standard logo is often visible but not systematically. According to Fündekals, rear face of the blades could have some small markings too. More info here http://www.fundekals.com/images/P-51_Stencil/P-51_Stencil_Inst_Final_rev09-2015.pdf

So far, I didn’t find a ww2 photograph confirming this.

I already upgraded the propeller stencils and markings for the screenshots of my wip "Detroit Miss" P-51 (you can find somewhere in the thread "P-51 jet killers suggestions" if interested).

The propellers (and the wheels ) are not on the "main" skin.The .dds file, originally in 1024 x 1024, is located in p51d15/textures encrypted in planes7.gtp and need to be resized in 2048 x2048 to improve it and needs mods to be enabled.

How do you remove the layer mask from these images? The only way I can get these kinds of images workable in gimp is to delete the alpha. But then I lose all the damage decals. This is what I have so far. I still need to add separate numbers for each blade. I also did a little twerking to the alpha to make the cockpit dials look like they have glass over the faces. You can't really tell from a still image but it's there. Also, in some of the templates are included color charts for that country. Are there any good color charts for USAAF?

1.jpg

2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Are there any good color charts for USAAF?

HERE you go. Just about all the reference you could need... all the RGB etc. values as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

HERE you go. Just about all the reference you could need... all the RGB etc. values as well.

Thanks you are a lifesaver!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The problem with a Tempest is you've seen one you've seen em all :)

I did make a bare metal Tempest skin in the skins forum but it is a post war historical skin.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ICDP said:

The problem with a Tempest is you've seen one you've seen em all :)

I did make a bare metal Tempest skin in the skins forum but it is a post war historical skin.

@ICDP Thank you so much for your effort, it is highly appriciated! As for the skins: It doesn´t matter if they look the same as long as they are pretty... 😂

Thank you again for the template! 🍻

Edited by ROCKET_KNUT

3 hours ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

a lot of astonishing skins, please.

Certainly! If you've any in particular then stick 'em up in The Skinhouse and I'll get onto  it!! Like ICDP said, there's nothing particularly out of the ordinary but then, like YOU say, as long as they're pretty!!

@ICDP Once again mate, a thousand thanks (that said I probably HAVE thanked you a thousand times already!!) :good:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =GEMINI=Hawkmoon98 said:

interesting question

I truly hope so. I'd love to bring back to life some birds from the 9th AF.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, szelljr said:

The P 38 template  is 4K ??     

Yes, its 4K

P-38J-25  / Art by 1CGS / Prepared by ICDP / 4K resolution (Added 10/18/19)

Yes but getting the Early Access Edition gives you Collector Planes as they are released.  If you wait for the official release and only get the 'Standard Edition' you will have to buy it separately.  That is the "bonus" for getting the Early Access version and, when released, you will have the "Premium Edition" at the current EA discount.

Edited by Beebop
  • Thanks 1

I have a request for a fix for the P-51 template.  I've tried to paint the filtered air covers, and there is an issue.  The one cover (both actually, using one as an example) would be split between two different sections of mesh.  One the top/main half, I can paint on it fine.  But when I paint on the bottom half (on a different section of mesh in the template), the paint will lay over the holes in the cover.  Can this be resolved?

EDIT: I'll also add that the cooler filler text on the filler door acts similarly

Edited by -322FG-Magic_Zach

There are little quirks in each template. Try painting the leading edge wing roots on the 190A8 😁

7 hours ago, -322FG-Magic_Zach said:

I have a request for a fix for the P-51 template.  I've tried to paint the filtered air covers, and there is an issue.  The one cover (both actually, using one as an example) would be split between two different sections of mesh.  One the top/main half, I can paint on it fine.  But when I paint on the bottom half (on a different section of mesh in the template), the paint will lay over the holes in the cover.  Can this be resolved?

Hi,

this plate can be painted as you like on the skin with slight modifications on the alpha layer.

If you want you can even remove the holes, as seen on some P-51s.

perfo.thumb.jpg.723a331c52b1472c7888b6abdf9ea889.jpg 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 1:48 PM, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Really a shame that the props aren't part of the regular template that can be weathered or have better decals applied.

Working on it.

• Like 1

Hi ICDP, the uploaded Halberstadt CL.II  template have almost 2Gb, i think  is not the final(cleared*) version. Russian layers,five def. skin(:biggrin:cool!!).Please check. Thank you! :salute:.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by szelljr

Thanks for the Heads-up szelljr.  I will let Jason know.  When preparing templates I will merge as many layers as possible and remove masks to make skinning easier.  This gives maximum compatibility while leaving artistic freedom up to the skinner.

Plus it's easier to work with 500Mb files than 2-3Gb files.

Clearly the wrong template made it up there but it contains no secrets :)

Edited by ICDP

2-3GB those are rookie numbers. You gotta pump those numbers up 😁

Edited by 361st_SPEKTRE76
  • Haha 1

Hello everybody

Can someone explain to me how I can view the skins in the folder.
and how do I load them in to see them then in play?

thanks