may-bug

Green Moscow map

This may be off topic but I'm curious.  Are the small villages between Rzhev and Sychevka shown on this map? 

btw, the Green Moscow looks nice.  The developers should include all maps with different seasons to give more variety.   It seems to be easy to do.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CzechTexan said:

The developers should include all maps with different seasons to give more variety.   It seems to be easy to do.

I don't know if it is that easy. I also don't know how this summer version is received on the Russian forum.

For example, the work in progress of the official Stalingrad and Moscow map lead to a debate about the "right" green and "right" autumn colours. Which lasted several pages accompanied with photos and videos of how it should be.

That sounds like the hardest part is deciding on colors.  Once colors are chosen, the rest should be easy.  Anyhow, it's up to the Devs.  They may be too busy doing other things.

I cant seem to find a "mods" folder. I did create one and put it inside both data and the main folder but couldn't get it working, i overwrote the original files and it works but not sure if that was the correct thing to do. Can someone give me a quick step by step pls.

41 minutes ago, SKINZ said:

I cant seem to find a "mods" folder. I did create one and put it inside both data and the main folder but couldn't get it working, i overwrote the original files and it works but not sure if that was the correct thing to do. Can someone give me a quick step by step pls.

Well, with the next update or hotfix your manual installation of this mod might be gone again.

To install mods correctly you have to use either JsGME or OvGME - both are small apps to install mods. These tools allow you to use the mods without overwriting

the original files. If you overwrite the original files you might run into some trouble when connecting to a MP server which does not allow modded files, these mod

files might eventually seen as cheats.

I strongly recommend to use one of these tools - I use OvGME at the moment, but I also used JsGME before for the good old IL2-1946. These tools are very easy

to use and work absolutely flawless. And the best thing is, you don't screw your original game files.

If you need any help - tell me.

Cheerio

Loving this mod and your winter Moscow mod too.  Awsome work mate :salute:

SD

Edited by soupdragon

On 08/04/2018 at 3:59 PM, Uufflakke said:

I don't know if it is that easy. I also don't know how this summer version is received on the Russian forum.

For example, the work in progress of the official Stalingrad and Moscow map lead to a debate about the "right" green and "right" autumn colours. Which lasted several pages accompanied with photos and videos of how it should be.

I was just going to come and ask how accurate this moscow map is? The moscow map is supposed to be played when winter is setting in right? With autumn colors and I am guessing the developers who are russian's themselves have a good idea of what russia is supposed to look like at that time of year. So is this mod a summer moscow kind of thing?

Personally I will proabably switch back to the default map, as for me it just seems to have a more accurate atmosphere. Will keep the mod though and use it, very good job!

edit- Second thoughts I think I'll stick with it, as it does look very nice! 

Edited by Wolf8312

On 13/04/2018 at 8:27 PM, soupdragon said:

Loving this mod and your winter Moscow mod too.  Awsome work mate :salute:

SD

Wheres the winter map? Do you have a link?

On 13.4.2018 at 2:27 PM, soupdragon said:

and your winter Moscow mod too. 

???

3 hours ago, soupdragon said:

Sorry got mixed up.

STOIKIY

made the winter Moscow mod.

SD

That is a winter tree mod Stoikiy made. ;)

Instead of green foliage trees he transformed them into barren trees.

Wow....I'm impressed. I'm grabbing this right now. Can't wait to see it. This is terrific for guys like me who don't have Kuban yet, and are tired of that Stalingrad terrain. Thanks and well one.

Ph wait! Moscow...not Stalingrad. I don't have Mosow either! Damn....guess I'm I'm out.

• Haha 1

Hello,

Thanks for the comments :)
sorry for no news, but I've been busy IRL this week.
Here is the last version of the mod (I updated too the link in first post): http://www.mediafire.com/file/juog7witus3smlz/MOSCOW3.7z
I'm still not happy with several things (especially trees), and there is still work to do on it. Tell me what you think.
And please remember that this map is not intended to be a real summer map, that's why I called the topic "Green Moscow" ...so please no polemic on colors or season accuracy.

Comments, ideas, etc are welcome.

Hope you like it :)

• Upvote 2

May Bug, I want you to know that I purchased BOM with my promo code, today, just because I wanted to use your mod.

On 4/19/2018 at 3:26 AM, may-bug said:

Hope you like it :)

I do! I was so tired of flying over the Stalingrad map that I was hardly flying the sim. I'm really enjoying it, now. I like the European look to it with all of that green. My Spitfire in RAF colors looks more at home there. It will makea great stand in for Western Europe until the Bodenplatte map is released. Nicely done. 

• Like 1

Yes, I'm loving the map with this mod... It makes a huge difference!

Any time I fly a quick mission it's always on this map with the mod.

8 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Any time I fly a quick mission it's always on this map with the mod.

Yeah, this is going to be my "go to map", as well. There are towns and cities and even concrete runways. I wasn't going to get BOM, to be honest, because I wasn't realy interested in the plane set. But 20 bucks off, and that mod. Hell, why not? 

I tried that MiG 3 though. Put it up against some Emils and kicked some ass. It was better than I thought it was going to be. 

That looks great! But where did you find those original default textures? I have looked everywhere but I can't find them anywhere from the game folders...

Hello all,

Edited the first post with a new link for green Moscow map and another for a new winter version. (some screenshots of winter version here:

).

• Thanks 3

How do I get the winter map working . I use OVGME, and the green moscow map works fine, but using the same method the winter map dosent seem to work. Is there a readme file?

4 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

How do I get the winter map working . I use OVGME, and the green moscow map works fine, but using the same method the winter map dosent seem to work. Is there a readme file?

+1 Same here. I doubble checked the installation path.

1 hour ago, Semor76 said:

+1 Same here. I doubble checked the installation path.

The path from archive tells you to put it in the summer folder. Just extract everything into the winter one and it works. 

S!

I like the Moscow winter map,great work😀

i put the files into Moscow winter and everything works grand,all I need to do is remove those files if I want go back to original map, gives a great choice.

a 🥈 for that man 🤠

On 7/31/2018 at 10:00 PM, LAL_Trinkof said:

The path from archive tells you to put it in the summer folder. Just extract everything into the winter one and it works. 

S!

Once more, the problem sits between the chair and monitor.. now it works.

Thx

• Like 3

WInter moskow looks fantastic. Is it not OvGME compatible? for some reason it doesnt show up in the list.

Hello,
Thanks mates for your interest :)
Sorry, I don't know how OvGME works (I use JSGME), but I think I'll soon have a look at it as many people use it.
Remember that you can activate only one map at a time (both are based on the same Moscow autumn map): eg. disable green map and then activate the winter one, and conversely. Activate none for stock autumn map.

hope it helps

• Upvote 1

It should be the same, not sure why it doesn't show up in the list. It's in the right folder along all other mods.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

The original folder is LANDSCAPE_Moscow_a and the mod folder is called landscape_moscow_a. Maybe it's a case thing. I use JSGME with IL-2 so cannot check for you.

EDIT - forget that, the green summer mod is also lower case and works fine.

Edited by Skipper-

On 3/27/2018 at 6:55 AM, Juri_JS said:

Jason, would you accept a well done map retexture for official inclusion into the game, so we can have it as separate map? From a mission designers perspective, a Moscow summer map would be very useful.

I agree, that would really be great !!!

• Upvote 1

Any chance of some advice please ?

I put the two map folders into my graphics folder and one of the modded versions overwrote the original files.

Imported the modded maps using JSGME and now my LANDSCAPE_Moscow_a  folder has disappeared.

I am left with only LANDSCAPE_Moscow_w  in regards the Moscow landscape.

Have i messed up the game install and do i need to re-install the complete game.

Plus when i re-install the summer map mod, where should it be installed too, please.

Thanks very much boys.

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953

28 minutes ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Have i messed up the game

Yes, you have, my friend. I think you did it completely the wrong way. Here are the steps on how I installed the mods

and how they work without a mess:

I think the best way to manage any of the mods and future mods, is to use OvGME. This little auxiliary program is great for managing

mods in your original game without the risk of messing around with the original files and modded files. Here is my experience:

- I downloaded OvGME from there: https://github.com/mguegan/ovgme - just click on download and select the ZIP-file. (Link is dead, pick it below)

- I installed the OvGME in my tools directory which I created especially for all tools like ZIP, TrackIR, MSI Afterburner on my hard disk.

- I created a folder called MODS in the main game directory - here you unzip all your mods without any risk of a mess.

- I configured OvGME: 

InkedCapture1_LI.jpg.f2a5b2c96f0a47b6941300e6de727508.jpg 

* This is your config title or name, because with OvGME you can have different profiles (configs) for different games

1. This is the main path of your game

2. This is the path pointing to the MODS folder in your main game directory

3. This is your backup folder (optional) and I suggest to place it outside of your game directory

You see, it is quite strait-forward and we don't need a science degree. After your profile is done, you can copy / unpack your modded files/folder

in the MODS folder in your game directory without any risk.

When you launch OvGME before you start your game, you can activate / deactivate your mods with ease. You will break nothing this way. After

you selected your mods you can close the program. Don't forget to check the mods option in your game or your mods won't work - and yes, this

means after mods checked ON you'll need to restart the game.

But if you're a bit familiar with cfg-files you can also create a shortcut pointing to your startup.cfg in the data folder of your main game directory.

This way you can do your modifications (checking options) without the need to start, modify and then again restart your game. Look for the key

"MODES = 0" and change it to 1 - very simple.

Cheerio

OvGME.zip

Edited by -IRRE-Therion

Hi -IRRE-Therion,

thank you for taking the time to help.

I did create a "Mods" folder originally and put the modded maps in there.

But then i noticed the file structure of the modded maps zips pointed to the data\graphics folder.

So i moved the files to that location. So as you rightly say i have messed everything up and will have to re-install.  🙄

I will also get a copy of OvGME  and thank you for the heads up in regards that utility.

I do already have "mods enabled" in game, i did that before i installed the maps thanks buddy.

When i have sorted myself out. Will i see a Moscow Summer map option in QM setup or will it still be listed as Autumn, as it is a mod of that map ?

Thank you again, your help is very much appreciated.

Mike.

58 minutes ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Hi -IRRE-Therion,

thank you for taking the time to help.

I did create a "Mods" folder originally and put the modded maps in there.

But then i noticed the file structure of the modded maps zips pointed to the data\graphics folder.

So i moved the files to that location. So as you rightly say i have messed everything up and will have to re-install.  🙄

I will also get a copy of OvGME  and thank you for the heads up in regards that utility.

I do already have "mods enabled" in game, i did that before i installed the maps thanks buddy.

When i have sorted myself out. Will i see a Moscow Summer map option in QM setup or will it still be listed as Autumn, as it is a mod of that map ?

Thank you again, your help is very much appreciated.

Mike.

Well, if the modded Moscow map will be listed as a summer map? Frankly I don't know, but I don't think so. But what I can say is, once you select

and load the modded "summer" map, you will immediately notice that it's summer time and the map looks gorgeous and worth integrated by the

dev team as an official summer map - of course with the appointment of the creator.

• Thanks 1

Thank you again for the further reply buddy.

I was wondering if i would be able to recognise the summer map easily from the autumn default.

I haven't re-installed the map mod yet, but will do so and have a look at it later.

Many thanks.

Mike.

• Thanks 1

I put the summer map mod in my Mods folder and enabled it with OvGME .

But i still get the autumn map with the brown trees.

2019-2-2-20-26-1.png

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953

Is your game in the "C/program files..." folder? Take it out of there as this folder does dirty things to your game!