Jump to content
SAG

[MOD] Voice Pack in English for Radio Chatter V0.47

Recommended Posts

SAG, any chance you could send me the entire script that you had initially posted?

 

I can record one of the remaining parts, just let me know which one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 19//Tuesday said:

SAG, any chance you could send me the entire script that you had initially posted?

 

I can record one of the remaining parts, just let me know which one.

 

Sure thing! you want to be a pilot? i'll PM you the lines

 

you need to clear some space on your inbox, i cant pm you anything

Edited by 19//SAG
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I would like to have the same completly spoken in german. I'm a german native speaker and I'm willing to spend some time to record some stuff.

Maybe we can find more german sound actors.

 

Best regards,

Kal

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ZG15_kaltokri said:

Hi,

 

I would like to have the same completly spoken in german. I'm a german native speaker and I'm willing to spend some time to record some stuff.

Maybe we can find more german sound actors.

 

Best regards,

Kal

 

 

Hi Kaltokri, i would also like for there to be similar mods in other languages, but sadly i wouldn't be able to help with german at all. On top of that, starting with a german translation before finishing this (english) version would simply derail the project in my opinion. If you would like to help with the english version of the mod though, you are more than welcome to join us! :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi SAG,

which software & settings do you use to record the files?

I would suggest I make some sample files and send them to you.

If they are OK i try to give a pilot my voice. I've got a German accent. ;-)

 

Best regards,

Kal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZG15_kaltokri said:

Hi SAG,

which software & settings do you use to record the files?

I would suggest I make some sample files and send them to you.

If they are OK i try to give a pilot my voice. I've got a German accent. ;-)

 

Best regards,

Kal

 

We use Audacity or any other program that can edit and export OGG files, i'll PM you the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZG15_kaltokri said:

I would like to have the same completly spoken in german. I'm a german native speaker and I'm willing to spend some time to record some stuff.

Maybe we can find more german sound actors.

 

They already speak German in the default game though? although I guess not if you're in a Russian plane. Would be nice to have a version with German accents though ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stlg13/Sgt_Schultz said:

 

They already speak German in the default game though? although I guess not if you're in a Russian plane. Would be nice to have a version with German accents though ;).

 

Have no fear! we already have three german voice actors and one spanish! but that'll be for version 0.6 or later.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could the German sound files not simply renamed/organised and copied over the Russian one's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

could the German sound files not simply renamed/organised and copied over the Russian one's?

 

more or less,Yes, but why would you want a german flying a Yak-1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if one is a German native speaker ;)

Edited by OrLoK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

if one is a German native speaker ;)

 

Oh you mean for a German version of the mod! sure, the only difference is that the germans have in-game voices for (in the vanilla game, IDK if we could add more and make the game use them):

 

4 pilots

1ATC

1Spotter

2Gunners

 

while the russians have voices for:

 

5 pilots

2 ATCs

2Spotters

2Gunners

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 19//SAG said:

while the russians have voices for:

 

5 pilots

2 ATCs

2Spotters

2Gunners

 

 Ouch lol, that Russian bias :ph34r:.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi SAG,

should we do some differences in the text of the pilots?

E.g. instead every pilot say "Spread out to cover" one pilot will say "Cover me", the next one "I need cover" and so on. What do you think?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZG15_kaltokri said:

Hi SAG,

should we do some differences in the text of the pilots?

E.g. instead every pilot say "Spread out to cover" one pilot will say "Cover me", the next one "I need cover" and so on. What do you think?

 

Yes, that could be nice but be careful with what you say before you go that route since in your example, the game has already different files for "cover me" and for "spread out to cover"

 

So make sure that if you change the wording, that all the sentences keep their original meaning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also found some phrases odd. perhaps translation issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

I also found some phrases odd. perhaps translation issues?

I agree, some things are probably lost in translation but I'll leave rephrasing for later versions of the mod since I would also need to modify the text that is displayed in the hud (that would also make the mod ModsOn-Mandatory)

Edited by 19//SAG
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you still need voice actors hit me up via PM. Native german speaker.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 9:36 PM, 19//SAG said:

 

 

as Orlok said, the radio is for every plane. I could do a BLANK version but then all planes would be silent and you would have to restart the game and switch versions everytime you changed planes. there might be a way of doing it without switching files, but ill have to do some testing with the LuaScripts.

I take it there wouldn't be any way to tie a set of Italian voice lines to the Mc-202 then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic work guys. I'm looking forward to trying this out soon and hearing all your efforts.

Reminds me of some of the wonderful work done for the old IL2 way, way back in the day.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ToBr79 said:

If you still need voice actors hit me up via PM. Native german speaker.

 

Hey there ToBr yes! would you like to be a german (speaking in english) ATC?

 

3 hours ago, thenorm said:

I take it there wouldn't be any way to tie a set of Italian voice lines to the Mc-202 then? 

 

as far as i know, there is no way to tie specific voice-packs to specific planes, perhaps when we finish this mod then ill get back to experimenting with the luascripts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, is there a way to distinguish between German-speaking Germans,  Italian-speaking Italians, and Hungarian-speaking Hungarians? Just asking for there were/are Italian and Hungarian squads there, and I'm positively sure that people there didn't have German names and didn't speak German as they do in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is no way to tie language/voice lines to particular aircraft or units, surely they will have to implement some form of this for Bodenplatte so the Brits and Americans have proper voice lines. Though I suppose they could just implement them as new nations in their own categories with associated lines when the time comes, but I assume (groundlessly, aside from I seem to remember it being this way in RoF) that the game handles things as merely "Allied", "Axis", and "Neutral".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, thenorm said:

If there is no way to tie language/voice lines to particular aircraft or units, surely they will have to implement some form of this for Bodenplatte so the Brits and Americans have proper voice lines. Though I suppose they could just implement them as new nations in their own categories with associated lines when the time comes, but I assume (groundlessly, aside from I seem to remember it being this way in RoF) that the game handles things as merely "Allied", "Axis", and "Neutral".

 

i guess we'll have to wait and see. i for one, would love a more sophisticated radio system that could even be used in multiplayer or coop with other humans. not necessarily VOIP but like how we talk to the gunners but to other players (and with more options of course)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi SAG,

 

I've created a posting to organise a german version of this sound mod here.

Can you please link it in your first Post? Thank you.

 

Kal

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for this mod!

Does anyone know of a way to adjust voice level relative to engine sound level? I mean, making voices louder while engine sounds remain the same, or vice versa. Now they go hand in hand, the louder the voices, the louder the engine sounds.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sniperton said:

Thank you for this mod!

Does anyone know of a way to adjust voice level relative to engine sound level? I mean, making voices louder while engine sounds remain the same, or vice versa. Now they go hand in hand, the louder the voices, the louder the engine sounds.

 

 

Glad you find it useful!

 

I tried changing some values in the luascripts but they dont seem to do much. if you want to hear the radio more clearly (without static) then let me know and ill upload a mod that does that, but that files would need mods on mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problems with monds on mode here, and the more possibilities, the better :biggrin::salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice. If you need some English voices I can help, but I get the feeling you have enough of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok gave it a run. it`s good, but I myself would prefer more hiss over the voices even to the point of not understanding sometimes. Sounds way too clear for 1940s russian tech to me.

 

By the way, the mind learns to understand through the hiss over time even if at first you can`t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice effort, it will be awesome if you can get English Russian, German, Italian etc. accents as the game progresses.

 

I used BBQ voice pack, and Janes WW2 fighters mixed together in Il2 1946 it wasn't complete by no means, but at least I had some sort of understandable voices on the radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, seafireliv said:

Ok gave it a run. it`s good, but I myself would prefer more hiss over the voices even to the point of not understanding sometimes. Sounds way too clear for 1940s russian tech to me.

 

By the way, the mind learns to understand through the hiss over time even if at first you can`t.

we've  discussed this behind the scenes.

 

and in a mods on scenario it might work.

 

we could do a simple batch conversion to add a radio effect or go further and add different effects to different roles.

 

but there are issues/problems with this, so to keep it simple we're just filling out all the lines.(underway) 

 

next will be normalizing them to keep the volume consistent.

 

then we can discuss the future ideas.

 

that said, I'm just a volunteer and am not leading the project, so there might be lots I'm not aware of regarding moving forward ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

we've  discussed this behind the scenes.

 

and in a mods on scenario it might work.

 

we could do a simple batch conversion to add a radio effect or go further and add different effects to different roles.

 

but there are issues/problems with this, so to keep it simple we're just filling out all the lines.(underway) 

 

next will be normalizing them to keep the volume consistent.

 

then we can discuss the future ideas.

 

that said, I'm just a volunteer and am not leading the project, so there might be lots I'm not aware of regarding moving forward ;)

 

Good stuff. Filling out the other lines is definitely a priority. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OrLoK said:

we've  discussed this behind the scenes.

 

and in a mods on scenario it might work.

 

we could do a simple batch conversion to add a radio effect or go further and add different effects to different roles.

 

but there are issues/problems with this, so to keep it simple we're just filling out all the lines.(underway) 

 

next will be normalizing them to keep the volume consistent.

 

then we can discuss the future ideas.

 

that said, I'm just a volunteer and am not leading the project, so there might be lots I'm not aware of regarding moving forward ;)

 

you read my mind exactly, we can think of new effects once we have all the lines. version 0.8 will have all the lines, V0.9 will have them normalized, and V1.0 will have some lines re-recorded if the actors are willing. that being said, we could release a V1.0b with added effects so that everyone can choose the version they prefer.

 

And Orlok you are invested in this project as much as i am as far as i can tell, so anything you want to do with it, you may (well, all but selling it XD). the upcoming versions are taking a while since we are waiting for the actors to finish recording the files and for me to edit them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yay! cash cow time!

 

I bought a new condenser Mic and pop guard for this mod so I'd like to get more use out of it. ;)

 

so pleased the devs now let us mod. imho it ensures a long future for the game.

 

now, crack the whip and get those voice actors working!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...