Jump to content

[MOD] HD textures grass


FF*VaSoK*22

Recommended Posts

IckyATLAS

I made a test with the thick grass mod with flowers and a grass_distance = 1200mt. 

The fps gets hit and you get around 35 and when you look at the fields at 3-4 mt height from the ground you can appreciate on a 4K screen a no limit dense field of grass. And when a tank moves in the field then you get very nice and clear cut tracks of flattened grass.

Unfortunately there are also some graphics  issues, as the grass starts to blink, or entirely disappears, then comes back, but stay unstable. Clearly that is to much to handle. Where lies the problem is not straightforward. I will test in the future with a more powerful system I am building, and see if it does improve.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dogbert1953

One brilliant grass mod equals a good place for my big puddy tat to hide.

 

2019-3-1-23-32-15.png

 

Mike.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
paperkites7

after unzipping the archive into il2 bos\data\graphics

grass folder is created but inside the grass folder I got textures not graphics should  I rename it graphics 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

paperkites7, that folder structure is not correct. 

If you are not using a MOD manager/enabler, just extract the 'Grass' folder under D:\steam game\steamapps\common\il2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics.

 

Your final folder structure should look like: D:\steam game\steamapps\common\il2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\grass\textures, and inside that the mod texture files.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
VonLuck

I know it's been a while since anyone's posted here...

 

But anyone know if the file structure or naming references have changed on the in-game grass? I installed the mod and it works in the editor but not the game... Cheeeeers...

 

Also any link to extracting textures and meshes... I like to tinker... 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
LizLemon
On 1/30/2021 at 12:49 PM, VonLuck said:

I know it's been a while since anyone's posted here...

 

But anyone know if the file structure or naming references have changed on the in-game grass? I installed the mod and it works in the editor but not the game... Cheeeeers...

 

Also any link to extracting textures and meshes... I like to tinker... 😁

 

Make sure mods are turned on in-game. Search for untgp to extract.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
FF*VaSoK*22

Some new 3d models and textures for grass...😁

 

PZ5.jpg.4799bffd628e4af78721dc901cbf35d4

 

pz4.jpg.fbdbe3272b29c55b18f32f8c5eb83c9b

 

m4a3.jpg.888be3fd52fa4c6a30023284e28282b

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike2945

Have you updated your Mod files in your first post?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
FF*VaSoK*22
2 hours ago, Mike2945 said:

Have you updated your Mod files in your first post?

 

 

Not yet, i am still working on these mod...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutch2

Please make make them also in the short grass version so the whole ancient 2D appearance is not that prominent visual anymore. 

And do not forget the flowers 🌸 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Denum
Posted (edited)

Oh my.

 

Between the cloud mod and this, it is absolutely beautiful. 

 

 

Edited by Denum
Link to post
Share on other sites
FF*VaSoK*22

Some new summer, spring and autumn 3d models and textures for grass))

 

m4.thumb.jpg.16d839431ed2fc52eaed8c93c8b159ab.jpg

 

pz5.thumb.jpg.27b30c8ebf7e7682e88277d5bab336ce.jpg

 

pz6.thumb.jpg.f9ae4c44210dc416993047f0fbfdda8c.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
FF*VaSoK*22
10 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Must have!! :good:

 

Where to download? :ph34r:

Still in work. Need fix some bugs...

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
FF*VaSoK*22

WIP Dev screens))

 

Spring and autumn map grass

 

Spoiler

 

su122.thumb.jpg.26b8a9f7c8383d4944d3527ecb77affa.jpg

 

pz3.thumb.jpg.e0f1451a5c758688704c2b568445a2bf.jpg

 

t34.thumb.jpg.9cf83f980861d893580f3ad3bca53a9d.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert_Molders

Beautiful work for a beautiful game! Well done mate!

Link to post
Share on other sites
FF*VaSoK*22

Winter grass on work...

kv1.thumb.jpg.1e8f6e6c007f244a5b36127cf82308d9.jpg

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
BladeMeister

Ok, Stop Teasing US right now Sir!;)

 

S!Blade<><

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Goffik
Posted (edited)

Is anyone else seeing some oddities when using this mod? Occasionally some of the grass is really, really long... in that it extends from the ground all the way up to the clouds and beyond! Sometimes it's just one "row" of grass (one piece of grass texture), other times a few rows in a cluster will do it. But it's not all the time either. I've seen it both while on the ground in a tank and when flying close to the ground in a plane.

 

(Note that I'm also using the denser grass tweak LizLemon posted, and have my grass radius set to 500 metres.)

Edited by Goffik
Link to post
Share on other sites
VonLuck
On 5/28/2021 at 4:57 AM, Goffik said:

Is anyone else seeing some oddities when using this mod? Occasionally some of the grass is really, really long... in that it extends from the ground all the way up to the clouds and beyond! Sometimes it's just one "row" of grass (one piece of grass texture), other times a few rows in a cluster will do it. But it's not all the time either. I've seen it both while on the ground in a tank and when flying close to the ground in a plane.

 

(Note that I'm also using the denser grass tweak LizLemon posted, and have my grass radius set to 500 metres.)

 

I had crazy flicker shadows on under trees with the older version so I had to uninstall... Which sucks because the grass is perfect...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Goffik
1 hour ago, VonLuck said:

 

I had crazy flicker shadows on under trees with the older version so I had to uninstall... Which sucks because the grass is perfect...

 

I had that earlier today, but only when looking in certain directions. No idea what causes it. I also only seem to get the "super long grass" issue on the Prokhorovka map. Didn't see it at all on the Moscow map.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...