Jump to content
Dave

Multiplayer Browser

Recommended Posts

Is there a plan to make the Multiplayer (Dogfight) browser actually work at all?

For me the Ping column has never worked - usually displays 0 for most servers. And now sorting by anything other than server name doesn't work either. Given that there are dozens of empty servers these flaws render the multiplayer browser less than useless.

Given also that the only populated server (during the hours I am typically able to play) is in some distant corner of Faknoeswheristan and kicks players with pings above their threshold it would be nice to know if joining was a waste of time before commencing the usual 5 minute join-fail-join cycle.

While we're at it could you maybe address the really poor server rejoin experience.

I understand that hotfixes to 3.001 should and will take priority, but this has recently reached an all time low for user experience and we've been waiting for most of these issues to be addressed since 2014. So it would be nice if improvement of the presently dismal multiplayer browse/join experience was prioritised as soon as 3.00X has stabilised.

 

Tanks.

 

Edited by Dave
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though I don't think it's unusable, I do agree that the ping is borked.

 

Prior to the patch you used to be able to list servers by name by clicking the column header and also the amount of players by also clicking the column header... sadly, no longer works. Can't it simply be reverted?

 

BTW... has anyone noted the picture to select "Dogfight" sure looks like a Midway photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that play MP exclusively, it does get quite frustrating not having a working MP in this game. Essentially I play a game that works a little some days and not at all on others. Not sure why they would let it go this long..

 

Its pretty much so bugged  that they really shouldn’t advertise the game as having MP. It’s very much still in a pre Beta stage. 

 

I admire the team and what they’ve been able to accomplish but I wonder if this is getting pushed down the priority list a little too far? I’ve read that the larger base is the SP players but surely there must be the numbers to justify getting MP sorted?

 

*Edit* And I forgot to mention, MP is worse in many ways after the 3.001 update. Essentially it’s going backwards. 

 

 

Edited by 1_Robert_
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1_Robert_ said:

Its pretty much so bugged  that they really shouldn’t advertise the game as having MP. It’s very much still in a pre Beta stage. 

Yes, I can confirm this - before the update 3.001 it worked nearly flawless to me and very smooth. Now it's porked.

 

1 hour ago, 1_Robert_ said:

I admire the team and what they’ve been able to accomplish but I wonder if this is getting pushed down the priority list a little too far? I’ve read that the larger base is the SP players but surely there must be the numbers to justify getting MP sorted?

 

This! And what makes me really mad is that since they published the version 3.001 the whole team fled and is hiding somewhere in the tundra - we get nearly no comments

on all the bug reports from them - I would appreciate if they only would tell us: "OK - there seem to be some trouble and we'll have a look" or even "Shut up and stop ranting

around - we'll sort it out!"

 

Cheers

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, EAF_T_Therion said:

Yes, I can confirm this - before the update 3.001 it worked nearly flawless to me and very smooth. Now it's porked.

 

This! And what makes me really mad is that since they published the version 3.001 the whole team fled and is hiding somewhere in the tundra - we get nearly no comments

on all the bug reports from them - I would appreciate if they only would tell us: "OK - there seem to be some trouble and we'll have a look" or even "Shut up and stop ranting

around - we'll sort it out!"

 

Cheers

 

Shut up and stop ranting :P :)

 

Whilst in a perfect world Dev's would spend time acknowledging every bug and say that there is a fix coming...

 

History has shown that this generally is not how they have done this in the past, a patch or hotfix will come, as has happened before, to fix issues

 

Generally they will know the issues and be working on fixes rather than acknowledging bugs, trouble is if they respond to one bug it is expected for all of them and this snowballs leading to time wasted and frustration 

 

Most of the time communication is on a good scale compared to many Dev's, but mostly they show by work rather than words, at least that is what my perception has been over the years, this was a huge update and they said to expect bugs and would be fixing them with updates/hotfixes

 

after a couple of patches/hotfixes with no progress then people will have more reason to rant, remember it is a small team

 

Cheers, Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I would like to see is players names drop down when you hover cursor over number of players. They have this in RoF,  iirc this feature was going to be added?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2018 at 9:53 AM, Dakpilot said:

 

Shut up and stop ranting :P :)

 

Whilst in a perfect world Dev's would spend time acknowledging every bug and say that there is a fix coming...

 

History has shown that this generally is not how they have done this in the past, a patch or hotfix will come, as has happened before, to fix issues

 

Generally they will know the issues and be working on fixes rather than acknowledging bugs, trouble is if they respond to one bug it is expected for all of them and this snowballs leading to time wasted and frustration 

 

Most of the time communication is on a good scale compared to many Dev's, but mostly they show by work rather than words, at least that is what my perception has been over the years, this was a huge update and they said to expect bugs and would be fixing them with updates/hotfixes

 

after a couple of patches/hotfixes with no progress then people will have more reason to rant, remember it is a small team

 

Cheers, Dakpilot

This.

 

Certainly a lot of the videos which have been shared by some of our community experten since Kuban release prove that the multiplayer is working. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...