Mitthrawnuruodo

[MOD] Hakenkreuz (Swastika) on Awards and Flags

Posted (edited)

I have installed the Generic Mod Enabler v2.6.0.157 in IL-2 Sturmovik BoS root folder. I've done MODS folder in which I unzipped all the mods. Then I activate them with Generic Mod Enabler, but this mod fails. I also changed the Correct Awards / data / swf / IL2 / countries / 201/ flag name to flag.big.dds . No change will happen ... Where am I doing wrong?

Kindly Jussi of Finland

Edited by jussitska

Did you activate mods within the game setup? :salute:

1 hour ago, Thad said:

Did you activate mods within the game setup? :salute:

Yes, I did

What do you mean that 'This mod fails'?

Are you able to activate it?  Have you played in a campaign to see if the changes have taken place? :salute:

9 hours ago, Thad said:

What do you mean that 'This mod fails'?

Are you able to activate it?  Have you played in a campaign to see if the changes have taken place? :salute:

Yes I´m..and I mean this: 

This mod adds correct Hakenkreuze to the default German awards in Career. It also adds the same symbol to the Kriegsflagge in the country menu

kindly Jussi

When I poke around inside the game folders, I don't see a countries folder unless I've already tried to install the mod, and even then I only see the german flag image, which doesn't actually show up in-game.  

Is this because I'm using the Steam version, or have I overlooked changing something in settings?

(I don't seem to be able to make this work in my installation either, even though I have mods and 4K enabled).

9 hours ago, Philippe_at_bay said:

When I poke around inside the game folders, I don't see a countries folder unless I've already tried to install the mod, and even then I only see the german flag image, which doesn't actually show up in-game.  

Is this because I'm using the Steam version, or have I overlooked changing something in settings?

(I don't seem to be able to make this work in my installation either, even though I have mods and 4K enabled).

@Philippe_at_bay; follow the instruction below.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:54 PM, PA_Yren said:

Well, I think I found a solution for German Flag.

Just rename image.big.dds to flag.big.dds inside data\swf\il2\countries\201\

1 hour ago, FurphyForum said:

@Philippe_at_bay; follow the instruction below.

It does not work...Just I said before..I  made it..rename image.big.dds to flag.big.dds inside data\swf\il2\countries\201\.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Many thanks. Changing the names of the files solves the problem.

And if you take a look at the end of the Historically Correct Official Skins thread, you'll find two realistic alternatives to bowdlerized symbols.

Edited by Philippe_at_bay