Bodenplatte early access

16 hours ago, Dusty926 said:

For players like us, Blitz offers even LESS than the original release, what with the total absence of the Dynamic Campaign.

Very important point. From a business point of view: How many sales would they be able to generate through improving the multiplayer part and how many sales would they be able to generate with improving the single player part including improving the AI and investing time into generating a solid dynamic campaign for long time customer loyalty? They need to go the commercially successful way otherwise the journey will end before it even begins. They need to deliver this year otherwise the product will see no future this way or the other.

I also believe they should allow all single Player campaign careers to be playable Offline. Greedily holding it strictly online as some kind of `Drm` is silly as you already have the multiplayer element that`s linked to the whole game anyway.

I don`t like being stuck online when in SP because i don`t like needless processes working in the background... I have my antivirus and other crap going on, using resources. Also, if the net gives out for ANY reason, you could be cut off from a SP game... Even Steam let`s you play on if you`re Offline.

Elite dangerous uses this system too for SP people. It`s horrible as they have regular cut outs from their servers that instantly quits the game.

Edited by seafireliv
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, seafireliv said:

I also believe they should allow all single Player campaign careers to be playable Offline. Greedily holding it strictly online as some kind of `Drm` is silly as you already have the multiplayer element that`s linked to the whole game anyway.

Greed has nothing to do with it. Career missions are generated on the server. It has always worked like this. If you don't like it, you can use PWCG instead.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Greed has nothing to do with it. Career missions are generated on the server. It has always worked like this. If you don't like it, you can use PWCG instead.

Ohh. Triggered you have I?  That`s my opinion. Deal with it.

10 minutes ago, seafireliv said:

Ohh. Triggered you have I?  That`s my opinion. Deal with it.

Triggered me? Nope. Not the slightest. Merely pointed out that as per usual, you are wrong. Deal with it. 

And welcome to my ignore list. No idea why you weren't on it earlier.

• Sad 1
17 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Triggered me? Nope. Not the slightest. Merely pointed out that as per usual, you are wrong. Deal with it. 

And welcome to my ignore list. No idea why you weren't on it earlier.

Which you should have done from the start.

I criticise a sim game, and some guy acts like I personally insulted him. Get a life.

Edited by seafireliv
2 hours ago, seafireliv said:

I don`t like being stuck online when in SP because i don`t like needless processes working in the background... I have my antivirus and other crap going on, using resources. Also, if the net gives out for ANY reason, you could be cut off from a SP game... Even Steam let`s you play on if you`re Offline.

Elite dangerous uses this system too for SP people. It`s horrible as they have regular cut outs from their servers that instantly quits the game.

It may not be as simple as just making it offline. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason for having it connected online.

2 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

It may not be as simple as just making it offline. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason for having it connected online.

My personal speculation is that they plan to make it possible to have co-op careers with buddies, and hence the necessity to save outcomes on a central server. But that´s just my personal speculation.

2 hours ago, seafireliv said:

Elite dangerous background sim applies equally to online, private groups, or single player.

This may be true of the career mode for il2 as well. They may be able to tweak how missions are generated much easier through manipulation of their own servers, rather than pushing out an update to every single client. Also like sevenless says, maybe co-op careers could be part of the back end design.

1 hour ago, =FEW=Herne said:

This may be true of the career mode for il2 as well. They may be able to tweak how missions are generated much easier through manipulation of their own servers, rather than pushing out an update to every single client.

That was one of the reasons it was set up like that originally with ROF - to be able to adjust mission templates on their side without having to push out patches to everyone.

I see. Now that`s all i needed. reasonable answers, not emotions because I dare be critical of something. I like this sim, don`t mean I won`t criticise some parts. And no User should take it  personally. i speak to try and make something better not worse.

Sure my words maybe too direct sometmes for some, but I am willing to amend if not attacked.

Gents,

Although I'm rather excited about the forthcoming Bodenplatte, I'm still a little unsure how the ME 262 will be factored into this next series.  The reason that I ask, is that my assumption was that the Me262 was primarily used  at the beginning of its service as a bomber first then as a fighter, owing to the fact that Hitler wanted it to be a bomber and it wasn't until perhaps Feb/Mar 1945, that the Me262 was employed as a dedicated fighter, that perhaps is outside of the BOBp time frame.

Therefore, can somebody explain to me how they believe that the Me262 will be utilised in BOBp, or will it just become a hangar queen that perhaps many players will not bother with if it is used only as a mud-mover, as in this role it perhaps will be was easy prey ?  I'm sure players in MP needing their stats fix will not bother using it for ground pounding if it is easy prey against AAA and Allied fighters.  In addition, unless we are going to have some high altitude type bomber(s) around for BOBp (apart from AI) to engage with, I'm scratching my head to see how it will be used

Thats said, I realise that people pay for a product and can then use whatever they want to, but it would be a shame to have such an iconic aircraft that in SP will have a life, but in MP will just be wasted.

Regards

PS Can any historian buffs provide me with any good reliable references to the employment of the Me262 (apart from wikipedia), would be appreciated.  Although there is an ME262 in the museum here in Canberra, I believe that it was only the bomber version. 

Edited by Haza

Dont worry Haza, in MP it will be as rare as a unicorn. If WoL continues as the only populated server 24/7 I'm sure you will be able to count the number of airframes available for the mission with your hand (single one), and I bet it will be on the furthest away airfield possible, and with some mod locks and other silly things that the mission makers from that server usually do. 

:rolleyes:

Edited by Willy__
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Haza said:

Gents,

Although I'm rather excited about the forthcoming Bodenplatte, I'm still a little unsure how the ME 262 will be factored into this next series.  The reason that I ask, is that my assumption was that the Me262 was primarily used  at the beginning of its service as a bomber first then as a fighter, owing to the fact that Hitler wanted it to be a bomber and it wasn't until perhaps Feb/Mar 1945, that the Me262 was employed as a dedicated fighter, that perhaps is outside of the BOBp time frame.

Therefore, can somebody explain to me how they believe that the Me262 will be utilised in BOBp, or will it just become a hangar queen that perhaps many players will not bother with if it is used only as a mud-mover, as in this role it perhaps will be was easy prey ?  I'm sure players in MP needing their stats fix will not bother using it for ground pounding if it is easy prey against AAA and Allied fighters.  In addition, unless we are going to have some high altitude type bomber(s) around for BOBp (apart from AI) to engage with, I'm scratching my head to see how it will be used

Thats said, I realise that people pay for a product and can then use whatever they want to, but it would be a shame to have such an iconic aircraft that in SP will have a life, but in MP will just be wasted.

Regards

PS Can any historian buffs provide me with any good reliable references to the employment of the Me262 (apart from wikipedia), would be appreciated.  Although there is an ME262 in the museum here in Canberra, I believe that it was only the bomber version. 

Are we talking about multiplayer or single player?

In single player, within the timeframe that the devs seem to be looking at (roughly September 1944 to March 1943) the Me262s that we'd have in the scenario would be assigned to bomber outfits and used as high speed, low altitude, hit and run bomber. For single player pilots this will be a pretty exciting experience on both sides of that equation. For example, Tempest squadrons had a mission type called a "Rat Trap" where a pair of Tempests would be hot and ready during anticipated Me262 attack times and once a 262 was spotted... They would take-off almost immediately and build enough altitude and speed to try and attempt an overtake. Not a highly successful method but it did see some successes.

As for multiplayer, that's more difficult. Some players will use it as a fighter and others as a bomber Many players may gravitate towards what should be the "best fighter" only to find that its very sensitive on the engine throttle settings and is best left in the hands of a pilot with serious experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Haza said:

Gents,

Therefore, can somebody explain to me how they believe that the Me262 will be utilised in BOBp, or will it just become a hangar queen that perhaps many players will not bother with if it is used only as a mud-mover, as in this role it perhaps will be was easy prey ?  I'm sure players in MP needing their stats fix will not bother using it for ground pounding if it is easy prey against AAA and Allied fighters.  In addition, unless we are going to have some high altitude type bomber(s) around for BOBp (apart from AI) to engage with, I'm scratching my head to see how it will be used.

3 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Are we talking about multiplayer or single player?

In single player, within the timeframe that the devs seem to be looking at (roughly September 1944 to March 1943) the Me262s that we'd have in the scenario would be assigned to bomber outfits and used as high speed, low altitude, hit and run bomber. For single player pilots this will be a pretty exciting experience on both sides of that equation. For example, Tempest squadrons had a mission type called a "Rat Trap" where a pair of Tempests would be hot and ready during anticipated Me262 attack times and once a 262 was spotted... They would take-off almost immediately and build enough altitude and speed to try and attempt an overtake. Not a highly successful method but it did see some successes.

It was used a fighter by Kdo Nowotny for a few weeks in October-November 1944 as well.

Just now, LukeFF said:

It was used a fighter by Kdo Nowotny for a few weeks in October-November 1944 as well.

LukeFF,

Thanks for that, however, I assumed as per the official release, thus far, that this mention of Winter 44, would be Dec 44, Jan 45 and Feb 45, so hence why I was not sure how the Me262 would be employed into the BOBp series.  However, do not get me wrong as I'm really looking forward to trying out this beast, but I was merely wondering how it would be rolled into BOBp.  Therefore, thank you for your further information as I was not aware that it was employed as a fighter so early, although I'm aware that we are still at the very early stages of the BOBp game series and perhaps all the dates are still a little flexible.

Regards

PS  Just ordered this https://www.bookdepository.com/Me-262-Stormbird-Colin-Heaton/9780760357354?ref=grid-view&qid=1522653288076&sr=1-10

Edited by Haza
spelling stuff-up

It should (maybe) be ideal as a fast tip-and-run bomber for multiplayer.

Take a wingman and fly your pair of 262s to beyond the target while climbing, curve around and approach in a shallow dive facing friendly lines. By the time you release bombs you'll be fast enough that no-one should be able to catch you and the only risk will be flak on the straight-line bomb run. Fling a few 30mm shells at the target on the way past for good measure. 

Extend out home and hope there aren't any Typhoons waiting for you on finals. 

On WoL at least, I'm not optimistic that you'll have friendly Doras covering your landing...

The 262 could carry two bombs of up to 500kg, although with those carried externally it'll probably handle like a thrown brick. 

But as long as it comes with a useable bombload I don't care how useful a fighter it might be. 

I don't understand why so many people here are puzzling over the deployment of the 262 in BoBo. In the end the devs won't have anything to do with it. The devs will just model it as realistic as possible with it's quirks and characteristics, with all the field mods that can be used and that will be it. 

The deployment of the aircraft will all be in the hands of the users and the mission designers/server hosters, just as it is with every other plane.

An aircraft not/merely being present at a certain time or a certain battle or being used in a different manner didn't have any influence on the deployment in the game so far, almost half of the birds we have in the franchise by now can be used in an unhistoric manner both off- and online (P40, Ju-87 Kanonenvogel, various IL2 mods, Lagg 37mm, FW 190-A3, 109-G6 30mm, La 5 FN). So i don't see why the devs would start to put in any restrictions now. 

Just now, II./JG77_Manu* said:

I don't understand why so many people here are puzzling over the deployment of the 262 in BoBo. In the end the devs won't have anything to do with it. The devs will just model it as realistic as possible with it's quirks and characteristics, with all the field mods that can be used and that will be it. 

The deployment of the aircraft will all be in the hands of the users and the mission designers/server hosters, just as it is with every other plane.

An aircraft not/merely being present at a certain time or a certain battle or being used in a different manner didn't have any influence on the deployment in the game so far, almost half of the birds we have in the franchise by now can be used in an unhistoric manner both off- and online (P40, Ju-87 Kanonenvogel, various IL2 mods, Lagg 37mm, FW 190-A3, 109-G6 30mm, La 5 FN). So i don't see why the devs would start to put in any restrictions now. 

Manu,

With all due respect, I'm sorry I have to disagree.  The question I asked regarding the Me262's employment, I believe was a valid question that was aimed at both SP and MP, although I was more interested in the SP type mission, an area that perhaps the Dev could restrict and perhaps would spend some time ensuring was accurate as this could potentially lead onto a "Blacksix" add on Me262 Sqn historical Squadron campaign.   In addition, I was requesting any factual information so that I had a better understanding of the Me262's history etc and have since purchased a book.

Therefore, irrespective of what you believe is historically accurate or not, I was merely asking how other people thought that this would be factored into the game or what type of scenarios it could be used in, to which Shamrock gave one historical suggestion.  As you have rightly pointed out we have other non-historical events/aircraft in this franchise, however,  I think that if you read my 3rd paragraph in my initial post, I'm sure you would agree that we are on the same page regarding its employment in the MP arena. 

That said, taking your last paragraph to the extreme, you therefore wouldn't have any issues with introducing modern jets into this series, as long as the aircraft was modeled correctly/accurately?  Mmmm, I for one wouldn't entertain that and perhaps would purchase WT to engage in that fantasy.  Until then I expect the great Battles series to be as historically accurate as possible within the confines of the current software coding available (eg  no 4 engine bombers, just yet).

Regards

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Haza said:

Therefore, irrespective of what you believe is historically accurate or not, I was merely asking how other people thought that this would be factored into the game or what type of scenarios it could be used in, to which Shamrock gave one historical suggestion.  As you have rightly pointed out we have other non-historical events/aircraft in this franchise, however,  I think that if you read my 3rd paragraph in my initial post, I'm sure you would agree that we are on the same page regarding its employment in the MP arena. 

That said, taking your last paragraph to the extreme, you therefore wouldn't have any issues with introducing modern jets into this series, as long as the aircraft was modeled correctly/accurately?  Mmmm, I for one wouldn't entertain that and perhaps would purchase WT to engage in that fantasy.  Until then I expect the great Battles series to be as historically accurate as possible within the confines of the current software coding available (eg  no 4 engine bombers, just yet).

I don't know why it should be wasted in the MP environment? I don't see that point to be honest. It is definitely an aircraft which is hard to use successfully both in ground attack and as a fighter, but at the same time your chances of survival are higher then in any other aircraft, so i don't get your point about it not being used in MP. In my opinion it's quite the opposite, it will probably be the most wanted aircraft in BoBo. 

For me it is the exact opposite, if it were just me, i'd only want aircraft in theatres that where actually there and being used in the exact same manner as it happened IRL. But by now that ship has sailed, we have moved far away from this, especially with the introduction of the La 5 FN, which wasn't a relevant aircraft before one year after the Kuban battle. I was merely pointing out, why should we just start now? That said, the 262 was used as pretty much everything within the timeframe and localisation of the Bobo map, so there shouldn't be any restrictions, no matter how accurate it will resemble history.

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*
1 hour ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Not really sure I would say almost half of the aircraft in the franchise can be used in unhistoric manner online and offline,

perhaps there are some servers that are not exact timeline or volume compliant but generally they are pure dogfight servers, and some of your examples are strange P-40E is fine for latter part of Moscow and Stalingrad and  could be seen in Kuban, La-5FN is pretty much timeline compliant everywhere, Lagg-3 37mm were present at Stalingrad and used at end of Moscow 

Pretty much the only big standouts are the Fw 190 at Stalingrad (but it is timeline compliant, with the correct bonus map in the game) and 30mm loadout for G-6 which did not see use on Kuban timeline

However if you are saying that you can fly a G6 30mm over Moscow map in qmb offline then you are correct, and am sure the same will be possible for 262

The new Campaign is pretty much historically accurate with the exception of Dev explained user optional inclusion of Fw 190 at (timeline correct ) Stalingrad, if you do not choose the 190 you should not see it( along with Mc202) however there does seem to be a bug with this in first (current) release, reported and will hopefully fixed next patch

sorry if it sounds pedantic, but to generalise, part of your comment that almost half the aircraft in BoM/BoS/BoK franchise are unhistoric is a bit disengenuous

anyway

both these modestly priced books (if you can find them)

Osprey combat aircraft 83: Me 262 Bomber and Rec units and

Kagero 33:  Me262 units will give a good breakdown of operational use

Cheers, Dakpilot

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

I don't know why it should be wasted in the MP environment? I don't see that point to be honest. It is definitely an aircraft which is hard to use successfully both in ground attack and as a fighter, but at the same time your chances of survival are higher then in any other aircraft, so i don't get your point about it not being used in MP. In my opinion it's quite the opposite, it will probably be the most wanted aircraft in BoBo. 

For me it is the exact opposite, if it were just me, i'd only want aircraft in theatres that where actually there and being used in the exact same manner as it happened IRL. But by now that ship has sailed, we have moved far away from this, especially with the introduction of the La 5 FN, which wasn't a relevant aircraft before one year after the Kuban battle. I was merely pointing out, why should we just start now? That said, the 262 was used as pretty much everything within the timeframe and localisation of the Bobo map, so there shouldn't be any restrictions, no matter how accurate it will resemble history.

I guess we will just have to wait and see then as we could discuss this till the cows come home.  Until then I will just keep waiting to see the Devs updates.

Regards

21 minutes ago, Dakpilot said:

Not really sure I would say almost half of the aircraft in the franchise can be used in unhistoric manner online and offline,

perhaps there are some servers that are not exact timeline or volume compliant but generally they are pure dogfight servers, and some of your examples are strange P-40E is fine for latter part of Moscow and Stalingrad and  could be seen in Kuban, La-5FN is pretty much timeline compliant everywhere, Lagg-3 37mm were present at Stalingrad and used at end of Moscow 

Pretty much the only big standouts are the Fw 190 at Stalingrad (but it is timeline compliant, with the correct bonus map in the game) and 30mm loadout for G-6 which did not see use on Kuban timeline

However if you are saying that you can fly a G6 30mm over Moscow map in qmb offline then you are correct, and am sure the same will be possible for 262

The new Campaign is pretty much historically accurate with the exception of Dev explained user optional inclusion of Fw 190 at (timeline correct ) Stalingrad, if you do not choose the 190 you should not see it( along with Mc202) however there does seem to be a bug with this in first (current) release, reported and will hopefully fixed next patch

sorry if it sounds pedantic, but to generalise, part of your comment that almost half the aircraft in BoM/BoS/BoK franchise are unhistoric is a bit disengenuous

anyway

both these modestly priced books (if you can find them)

Osprey combat aircraft 83: Me 262 Bomber and Rec units and

Kagero 33:  Me262 units will give a good breakdown of operational use

Cheers, Dakpilot

Thank you for book info.

Regards

5 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Correct me if I am wrong folks, but I thought that the only Me 262 combat flying in 1944 was done by a special tactical trials and evaluation unit (Nowotny and others), with a very limited number aircraft (approximately 30).  I thought that the Me 262 was only released for general service, by standard operational combat units, a couple of months into 1945.  I stand to be corrected on any of this, but perhaps Haza will be all the wiser when he has read his new book :)

Happy landings all and enjoyable reading Haza.

Talisman

• Thanks 1
On ‎21‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 4:08 PM, BlackSix said:

There is a new engine (mod of Jumo 211) and a modified construction, this is a large amount of work for us

Note: The FW 190 D-9 was equipped with Junkers Jumo 213 A-1 and or Jumo 213 F.

6 hours ago, Royal_Flight said:

Extend out home and hope there aren't any Typhoons waiting for you on finals. 

Typhoons!
He said Typhoons!
Typhoons confirmed!???

Meh. more likely Tempests. :-(

mebe in de future :-)

13 hours ago, Haza said:

Therefore, can somebody explain to me how they believe that the Me262 will be utilised in BOBp, or will it just become a hangar queen that perhaps many players will not bother with if it is used only as a mud-mover, as in this role it perhaps will be was easy prey ?

Hazsa raises a good point. What's a Me-262 without a stream of B-17's, complete with contrails and fighter escort?  Bodenplatte will deliver the escorts, but, so far, there's not been a hint of bombers.

1 minute ago, Hauksbee said:

Hazsa raises a good point. What's a Me-262 without a stream of B-17's, complete with contrails and fighter escort?  Bodenplatte will deliver the escorts, but, so far, there's not been a hint of bombers.

They'll have B-25s to shoot at. Not as exciting as taking down heavies but it will still be interesting.

2 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

They'll have B-25s to shoot at. Not as exciting as taking down heavies but it will still be interesting.

Yes, and A-20's. But, as you say, "not as exciting..."

13 hours ago, Haza said:

Gents,

Regards

In 1946 it was used in quick attack for big area targets like factorys, ports, railwaystations and supply dumps. High speed even when you have bombs and bomb racks would give you advantage no other airplane had and after bombs were droped you can go hunt for human players. they were limited on most servers and players who took them would tra to stay in air as long as posible to maximise points they can get in one sortie as you never knew if some one els will take it when you land back.

Some squads would mix them up with K4s and reak havick on missions. Ocasionaly new players would take them and either brake engines or crash in dives or lose patiance and after few faied BnZ passes try to turn and then they would get shoot down, but in veteran hands they were big points per sortie airplanes, also you were able to have key for 2x30mm and other for other 2x30mm so even longer ammo, as 4x30mm was not neccesary 2 is enought.

Ugenst things like moving columns or tanks it was not as used without having fighter cover over them first.

Usealy you had race at mission start from thouse 4 guys who took them who will hit target wth most points first :) it was plane made for collecting most points and staying alive doing it. I expect same here on servers like WoL.

Edited by 77.CountZero
2 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

La-5FN is pretty much timeline compliant everywhere, Lagg-3 37mm were present at Stalingrad and used at end of Moscow 

Eeeh no. There were never any La-5-FNs at Kuban. They weren't at any theatre the BoX series currently has. The only theatre they were briefly used in 43 was Kursk, but only a very limited number in a very limited time due to teething problems. If we stretch the Kuban timeline to mid 43, there was indeed the 30mm loadout for the G6 (just not in Kuban). Anyway, i had enough of those useless discussions with you years ago.

2 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

No it is not. There are squadrons of P40-E in the Moscow campaign, while the Russians had the total number of 15 in 1941. There are many 202s as well, Germans had also only a handful of them. The Mig3(late) we have in game wasn't there at autumn 41, in the campaign it is. Yak1-S.127 wasn't there in Stalingrad at all, in the campaign it is. La5FN and 109G6 weren't there in Kuban, in the campaign they are (in the latter stages). Could keep go on.

Anyway, i am ok with it how it is, it's a good trade-off between aircraft variety and historical accuracy for the respective campaigns. I just pointed out, it would be nonsense to restrict the 262 in any way, because the 262 as fighter in BoBo is a lot more fitting then the La5-FN in Kuban.  In fact there were less La5-FN fighter aircraft opertional in 43 then Me262 fighters in 44.

I have enough sources about 262 deployment myself, but i'd be curious about a source of Lagg3 with PF engine being used with the 37mm in Stalingrad, have never heard about operational use.

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, 216_Yakdriver said:

Typhoons!
He said Typhoons!
Typhoons confirmed!???

Meh. more likely Tempests. :-(

mebe in de future :-)

Yeah, Tempests was what I meant. Bit of a freudian slip I’m afraid...

1 hour ago, Hauksbee said:

Four-engined heavies didn’t participate in Operation Bodenplatte though, to the best of my knowledge anyway. 

With a bit of luck though the B-25 will be made flyable shortly after release.

In the meantime I’m still waiting for a Second Tactical Air Force skin for the A-20, which was supposed to be included in BoK.

• Haha 1
  • 1CGS
1 hour ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

No it is not. There are squadrons of P40-E in the Moscow campaign, while the Russians had the total number of 15 in 1941. There are many 202s as well, Germans had also only a handful of them. The Mig3(late) we have in game wasn't there at autumn 41, in the campaign it is. Yak1-S.127 wasn't there in Stalingrad at all, in the campaign it is. La5FN and 109G6 weren't there in Kuban, in the campaign they are (in the latter stages). Could keep go on.

1) There are not squadrons of P40-E in the Moscow career, there is only 126 IAP (fighter regiment) who used Tomahawks from October 12, 1941 and P-40E from spring 1942

2) There are no any Yak-1 s.127s in our BoS career, please, show me the screen with this plane in BoS

3) About Bf 109 G-6: BOK and Bf 109 G-6

4) When all La-5/5F regiments left the Kuban in July 1943, there was a single La-5 squadron left until November 1943 and we don't know anything about the modification and we can suggest that they were new La-5FN

• Upvote 7
17 hours ago, Haza said:

You might want to try the biography of Adolph Galland. If I remember correctly, Galland was heavily involved in the deployment of the Me262 and the last couple chapters of his biography go into some detail about the plane and flying her in combat. 

1 hour ago, Porkins said:

You might want to try the biography of Adolph Galland. If I remember correctly, Galland was heavily involved in the deployment of the Me262 and the last couple chapters of his biography go into some detail about the plane and flying her in combat. 

Galland's autobiography is more than a little self-serving, and should be read with a sceptical eye.

Edited by AndyJWest
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

If we stretch the Kuban timeline to mid 43, there was indeed the 30mm loadout for the G6 (just not in Kuban).

The Kuban campaign already extends to October 1943.

4 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

I have enough sources about 262 deployment myself, but i'd be curious about a source of Lagg3 with PF engine being used with the 37mm in Stalingrad, have never heard about operational use.

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/lagg3/lagg3-37/lagg3-37.htm

5 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Those will fun missions - I know I'll be building a few.