Mitthrawnuruodo

A-20C, Yak-7B, and P-39L Default Skins

Thanks mate.

Would it be possible to get La5-FN skins as well ?

Wow thanks.  I was expecting to have to wait 6 months before I could do anything but this allows me to make some preliminary amended skins.

Being a new guy coming here from DCS, one thing that irks me about BoK is seeing all default camo planes sporting semigloss or gloss finish, even the ones that should be flat. Your painwork looks proper flat, though and I like it very much. Does it mean that this game engine supports different reflection levels?

On 3/28/2018 at 6:41 PM, E69_julian57 said:

2018_3_28_16_4_34.jpg

Nice skin, I always had a preference for VVS Kobras that'd had started out in the RAF temperate scheme...

just a small detail about the RAF roundels, they were not all the same size, with the upper wing roundel being significantly larger, if you look at the standard "grey" skin in game or in the viewer you can see this, and it is historically correct.

The tail flash would also need to be blanked out as they were also put on at the Bell factory and any operational markings if the aircraft had been one of the few that flew operationally.

Here's some detail of what I'm on about

RAF_Airacobra_Roundels.thumb.jpg.22970ba90cb52c283a2277a7f8665c16.jpg

Edited by Pict
  • Thanks 1

Hello Pict, I will make the changes of the marks, when you say remove the flash from the tail, what do you mean? the numeral ...?

:salute:

Edited by E69_julian57

23 minutes ago, E69_julian57 said:

when you say remove the flash from the tail, what do you mean? the numeral ...?

hello Juliano :)

No, not the serial, but the national coloured bands - red white blue - vertical stripes on the tail fin above the horizontal stabilizer .

I've got lots more info on this if you want?

On 02/04/2018 at 11:20 PM, Pict said:

Nice skin, I always had a preference for VVS Kobras that'd had started out in the RAF temperate scheme...

just a small detail about the RAF roundels, they were not all the same size, with the upper wing roundel being significantly larger, if you look at the standard "grey" skin in game or in the viewer you can see this, and it is historically correct.

The tail flash would also need to be blanked out as they were also put on at the Bell factory and any operational markings if the aircraft had been one of the few that flew operationally.

Here's some detail of what I'm on about

RAF_Airacobra_Roundels.thumb.jpg.22970ba90cb52c283a2277a7f8665c16.jpg

Most of that looks correct as I skim over it - but it makes me wonder how many other details are wrong when the author couldn't spell "ensure".

Some potentially useful info here http://www.rafweb.org/Squadrons/Sqn Markings/sqn_codes.htm

4 hours ago, Dave said:

the author couldn't spell "ensure".

From a 10 second internet search, I don't think the author was trying to spell "ensure"...

insure (ĭn-sho͝orˈ)

v.To provide or arrange insurance for: a company that insures homeowners and businesses.

v.To acquire or have insurance for: insured herself against losses; insured his car for theft.

v.To make sure, certain, or secure

I'd say it's somewhat like flammable & inflammable, inflammable being a little old fashioned, but meaning the same thing. The book I took the info from is pretty old and the stencils for the aircraft were obviously of the time period.

That said, thanks for almost giving it your seal of approval :)

Edited by Pict

You're welcome.

And the author did mispell ensure. Even if you aren't a grammar nazi comparison with the stencilled text on the real aircraft should confirm this. The difference between ensure and insure is the same today as it was in 1939.

Having made the effort to excel in English at school I am often irritated by modern corruption of the language and the ubiquitous acceptance of poor spelling and grammar today, even among those who write for a living. So, as if affected by  some literary form of OCD, I am often compelled to highlight examples as they appear. My apologies. ;)

Edited by Dave

1 hour ago, melkarth said:

Hey, Julian

I didn't know you can make skins without a template. This is my first attempt at it. My alpha is 0,0,0, yours is 27,27,27. Can you explain this? Is there good info about this mysteries? I'm a total newbie at making skins... Gracias in advance!

Xrays1.jpg

Ah the famous cheating Aircobra so feared by Wings of Lunacy!! :-)

All you need to know is in this post below by 5kuka

On 4/12/2018 at 3:51 PM, Dave said:

And the author did mispell ensure. Even if you aren't a grammar nazi comparison with the stencilled text on the real aircraft should confirm this.

And the author did mispell misspell (two ss's in misspell) ensure. Even if you aren't a grammar nazi Nazi (capital N in Nazi) comparison with the stencilled stenciled (one l in stenciled) text on the real aircraft should confirm this.

And how do you entend to prove this? Please share you hard evidence of what was stenciled, to the letter, on a Bell P-400, painted in 1940- 42 at the Buffalo NY., factory for use with the RAF, I look forward to seeing it.

Have fun with entend / intend :) 

A word to the wise, check your built in forum spell checker before you play the spelling Nazi game and avoid playing for money.

Finally, this pernicious, pedantic and pathetic English correction on an international forum is kind of funny coming from a guy who cannot even make the effort spell the name of his own country properly "Location:Eastern Oz". Or are you one of those Australians who would wish it was spelled Mother England?

Edited by Pict