BlackHellHound1

4K IL-2 AM-38F (Model 1943) Template Download and 4K Skins

Hello there fellow skinners,

The time has finally come for me to release the 4K IL-2 AM-38F (model 1943) Template. 

As most of you probably already know, the 4K IL-2 AM-38F skins in the game are made with the uncompressed version of this template.

As is usual for my templates, I added a massive amount of new detail and effects to the template. Too many to name here.

Luckily, this time you don't need a custom Normal map. For skins to work best with this template, simply set your game settings to work with 4K skins and the game will use the matching 4K Normal Map and Damage Map.

Regardless, I have included the normal map in the download. (you really don't need it though)

You can download the 4K IL-2 AM-38F (Model 1943) Template here.

I will not be sharing any of my skins since you can find them in the game already! (You have no idea how amazing it is to say this :biggrin:)

Feel free to leave the skins you make with this template in this thread. 

I am looking forward to seeing what you can do with this template.

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

zcwN7F6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 18

Yay!!!!

Awesome work! Do you have plans for any more planes in the future? (just asking because if you plan to do the MiG there are some things that need to correct in the normal map)

1 hour ago, BorysVorobyov said:

Yay!!!!

Awesome work! Do you have plans for any more planes in the future? (just asking because if you plan to do the MiG there are some things that need to correct in the normal map)

As of now there are no plans and to be honest, I probably couldn't tell you if I did.

For now, I will make some more 4K skins for the 109 and I am going to try out some modding. We will see what the future brings.

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 3

Sorry to say that but I've recently learn that Il 2 made by Zavod 18 had metallic wings.

Planes form Zavod 1 and 30 had wooden wings like you did for this template but these are not the Sturmovik we have in game.

Just now, Ptolemy_Soter said:

Sorry to say that but I've recently learn that Il 2 made by Zavod 18 had metallic wings.

Planes form Zavod 1 and 30 had wooden wings like you did for this template but these are not the Sturmovik we have in game.

The IL-2 sturmovik we have in the game, and the one I made, is an IL-2 Late Model 1943 with the AM-38F engine as build in Zavod 30. Sometimes referred to as IL-2M late or IL-2 type 1943 late. (this has been stated by the developers during my collaboration project with them) It still had wooden wings and fuselage. 

Zavod 30 started building IL-2M3's (IL-2 type 1944) with metal wings in may 1944. 

On this site you can read some on the basics of the IL-2 evolution:

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/il-2/il2-camo/il-2-evolutiontable.htm

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 2

Il 2 AM38F 'White 12 of 16th VA - Berlin Operation April 1945

RpkorbR.jpg

kCNNtGn.jpg

lYzznbl.jpg

The skin can be downloaded HERE

BIG thanks to BlackHellHound1 for the Template!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, KpgQuop said:

Superb.

Thanks. I thought it was about time I did a Sturmovik!

On 10/20/2018 at 5:43 PM, Raptorattacker said:

Thanks. I thought it was about time I did a Sturmovik!

Hi Rap,

its a nasty beautyful skin mate!

Love the IL-2. Thanks for another top notch beast😉

• Like 1

Playing a career BoK on Il-2 AM-38F (Model 1943), made an appropriate 4k two skins. Typical colors were taken as a basis.

Link (first half of 1943): http://www.mediafire.com/file/65ogf3vksqj76w0/BoK_il2m43_old_foxbatRU_4k.dds/file

Link (second half of 1943)http://www.mediafire.com/file/06qiajvo2rj2i41/BoK_il2m43_new_foxbatRU_4k.dds/file

Skins are made on the basis of a template from BlackHellHound1.

2019_6_9__21_37_54.thumb.jpg.437f8f6800e4af0ccb5c5c8abd7f9445.jpg  2019_6_9__21_43_58.thumb.jpg.afe4e7b7cadd56f55ae5c1241a0507cc.jpg  2019_6_9__21_48_7.thumb.jpg.bcdb91042552a7f1afa96c3ab1d0f729.jpg

Edited by FoxbatRU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1