Mod Wish List

Also is there maybe a mod which reduces the sniper accurancy of the tail gunners for FC and IL2 ? I played the game the last 2 days after nearly of year of pause and the gunners seem to hit with sniper precision. its like the original Il2 all over again

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 3:08 PM, RickVic said:

Also is there maybe a mod which reduces the sniper accurancy of the tail gunners for FC and IL2 ? I played the game the last 2 days after nearly of year of pause and the gunners seem to hit with sniper precision. its like the original Il2 all over again

Sadly "The Force" is part of the game engine and every AI ginner is imbued with it.

Hi @Enigma89 and @=FEW=Revolves, I saw your amazing work with the stats! It's really a great job!

I was wondering if it's possible also to create a "military grade" mod.

Like: when you reach a determinate hours of flight/destroyed targets/destroyed aircraft you are promoted to a new grade.

Every time you died, you have to start from the beginning...

I think this could immediately give an idea about the performance of a player!

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

Hi @Enigma89 and @=FEW=Revolves, I saw your amazing work with the stats! It's really a great job!

I was wondering if it's possible also to create a "military grade" mod.

Like: when you reach a determinate hours of flight/destroyed targets/destroyed aircraft you are promoted to a new grade.

Every time you died, you have to start from the beginning...

I think this could immediately give an idea about the performance of a player!

Hey! Thanks for the kind words :)

You mean kind of like the system TAW has with its ranks? I think WoL already has something similar to what you mean. I'm not sure how the ranks in WoL work, I believe they don't (completely) reset on death. I think the WoL admins made their own, in-house modifications to the stats system. Notice the leftmost column here:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/pilots/?tour=76&sort_by=-rank

Personally I'm not a big fan of it on WoL, since I think it's confusing when there is also a rating column (the rightmost column) which works differently. Both rank and rating seem to be a measure of "how good is this pilot", so I don't understand the difference between the two. To wit, why do some players have high rating but low rank, and vice versa?

I could see rank as a replacement for rating, or as an alias for it - but side by side I think it's confusing.

There's also an "awards" page for pilots that not many people check, like:

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/awards/13321/Player-72818/?tour=40

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/awards/6292/ITAF_Rani/?tour=40

(Rest your mouse over an award to check how you get it)

Edited by =FEW=Revolves
1 hour ago, =FEW=Revolves said:

Hey! Thanks for the kind words :)

You mean kind of like the system TAW has with its ranks? I think WoL already has something similar to what you mean. 

Yeah, exactly this!

Do you think is difficult to create something like that?  

Would be perfect for our next campaign

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

Yeah, exactly this!

Do you think is difficult to create something like that?  

Would be perfect for our next campaign

It shouldn't be difficult to make - main issue is going to be sourcing the images for the ranks (if you want a little emblem next to a player name), but I think there must be some images online for that. Probably a few hours of work? I'll tie the ranks to how much score the player has earned since his last death. For example, this sortie you earned 50 score: http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/1011852/?tour=40 (Bottom left), and having more than 300 points (for example) since the last death gives you the first promotion.

Would be helpful if you'd give me a sketch of which ranks you want :)

By the way you can already see the top 10 players who have the most score since the last death, this is called "Best Live Pilots" on the main page of the stats. It's probably not enough info for you guys since I'm sure you have more than 10 players :)

No promises on how long it will take me though, I want to take a break from modding for a few weeks, and there is some other modding stuff I want to work on as well.

Edited by =FEW=Revolves
4 minutes ago, =FEW=Revolves said:

No promises on how long it will take me though, I want to take a break from modding for a few weeks, and there is some other modding stuff I want to work on as well.

Awesome!!

Thank you very much, I need a holiday too so I will write in the next day with the necessary info ;)

Thanks again! :)