Mod Wish List

1 час назад, LizLemon сказал:

In data\LuaScripts\cameras? It might be camerasight or cameraheadfree, but its is there.

Thank. I tried different combinations of these two files. But unfortunately it turns out to change the maximum ZOOM and by default, and the minimum ZOOM still allows you to drive off to the usual distance from the dashboard.

A mod that adds more camera angles to the aircraft like inside cockpit looking back at the pilot, on the cowling looking back at the cockpit, on top of cockpit looking forwards and backwards, on the undercarriage, just in front of the undercarriage looking backwards.

More cameras make better movies :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GeorgeVB said:

Can you hide a copilot(gunner) figure in external/internal view for U-2VS aircraft (option)?

I want to fly solo 🙂

Shoot him in the chest with a flare, that gets rid of him. No idea whether it affects the weight distribution and handling of the plane though; I suspect not.

Permanent, not despawning bomb craters in Singleplayer I would like to have. Beside the immersion bonus it would be easier for me in a BF-110 to find the just attacked position again for a second run, especially in bad weather conditions without using icons/GPS map.

Maybe there's a timer to set?

There's a 'bomb crater mod' but I guess it's meant for use in the mission editor only, at least I couldn't get it running in the career or SP missions.

1 hour ago, vonGraf said:

Permanent, not despawning bomb craters in Singleplayer I would like to have. Beside the immersion bonus it would be easier for me in a BF-110 to find the just attacked position again for a second run, especially in bad weather conditions without using icons/GPS map.

Maybe there's a timer to set?

There's a 'bomb crater mod' but I guess it's meant for use in the mission editor only, at least I couldn't get it running in the career or SP missions.

I don't know, how it is in the game's career mode, but when I fly ground attack missions with the 110 in PWCG, my own bomb craters stay on the map, at least for several minutes, so I always can see where I attacked.

4 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

I don't know, how it is in the game's career mode, but when I fly ground attack missions with the 110 in PWCG, my own bomb craters stay on the map, at least for several minutes, so I always can see where I attacked.

I did a mission in a QMB on the Moscow winter map an hour ago and yes, the black crates from the two SC250 were clearly visible for many minutes on the snow. I paused the flight to watch the craters closely using the free camera and saw they're even 3D-modelled to a certain degree; not only a flat texture. Now I'm unsure (again) where my recalls of the despawning/disappearing crates come from... maybe the career has this limitation. 

Thanks for your help.

something I miss in the simulator. It is the failure of the hydraulics system of the landing gear, and that the leg of the landing gear falls down due to the oil leak.
This would be something nice and realistic.

617533368_Sinttulo.thumb.jpg.93c386c63fbd3e58bfd29cd283d4c1d2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, vonGraf said:

saw they're even 3D-modelled to a certain degree;

But this is only optically. When you ride a tank or taxi your aircraft through them, you will notice, they are not really there.

2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

But this is only optically. When you ride a tank or taxi your aircraft through them, you will notice, they are not really there.

Ah, ok. I only saw they were hovering a bit above the ground. Didn't know they have no collision etc.

Well, this would be a bit special but one can only ask. 

Having seen the moving infantry mod, it is apparent that characters can be added to the ground with a bit of work...... but who wants a bit of work? 

So, a mod I would love to see is a 'living airfield mod'. 

Once activated this would place human characters of different abilities, mechanic, soldiers, crew chief, medics, maybe a few vehicles (trucks, ambulance, jeep, etc, etc) around the players airfield all moving around but none encroaching the runway. 

Anything that could add life to the airfield would be appreciated especially without having to go into the FME! 

• Upvote 4

KUBAN PACIFIC RE-TEXTURE ?

I would like to see a texture mod of Kuban to replicate the South Pacific.  It is a natural for the map given the large water area.  And, most "faux Pacific" missions already use this map.

Replace the checkerboard fields with trees, lots of trees.  If palm-like trees can't be done then just increase the rich green and dark green tress.  In areas with not much else is happening cover the landscape with them.  Now if that would be too big a hit on most CPU's could the 'Moscow Green' type textures with as few "cultivated" textures as possible work?  Or just the tree textures now in the Summer mountains replacing the cultivated checkerboard area?

I realize it is not a quick overnight texture swap-out but it seems to me, given the wonderful repaints we already have that it should be able to be done.  And us 'faux pacific freaks' would love the stand-in until (if ever) a Pacific module is done.  Last I heard it wasn't totally off the table, just on hold indefinitely.

If I knew how to mod I'd do it myself but I'm already swamped with the ME and skinning learning curves to learn a new skillset at this time.  Besides we have quite a few "repainters" here who are much more knowledgeable than I am.

Justathot.

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 1
On 6/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, Yogiflight said:

FYI, not questioning your observation.

Yesterday I was flying a ground attack in PWCG with a group of 110 armed with SC250 and SC50. After I released the first SC250 I did a quite sharp turn for a fast second attack within 30 -40 sec and the crater was gone already. Some craters from the other plane's attacks which I could see as well were gone in the same short time too. This time the target zone was clearly visible for me and I had no problems to find it again and see what's going on. That's not always the case.

Maybe the despawning/deleting timer it's related to how much bombs were released in a mission and craters have to be depicted within a timespan? 

A true dynamic campaign. I am tired of flying the same mission to be engaged by the same number of enemy fighters. I would love to have a campaign where I have no idea how many enemy fights may greet me, or the level of flak I am going to encounter.

Actually less clarity on missions, (more free hunt style missions),with smaller formations that  just fly around and shoot up whatever ground or air targets you find.

More coordination between AI pilots and the user in campaigns, I remember in the original IL2 a few times where I was able to have my wingman lead an enemy fighter on his tail right into my gunsight and vice-versa, in BoX I feel more afraid my AI counterparts are going to ram me to get into position to shoot down the enemy themselves.

6 hours ago, Beebop said:

@Mysticpuma

Thanks for the reaction.  I was beginning to think either people weren't reading it or didn't care.

I appreciate your support for my idea.

I think it's a pretty cool idea. It could even (with imagination) offer a Borneo scenario?

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

I think it's a pretty cool idea. It could even (with imagination) offer a Borneo scenario?

Imaginative scenarios like this have been the staple of the IL-2 franchise since, well, forever.  Chris Blair's "White Sun Blue Sky",  cobra427's "Battle of Britain Spit and Fire/ Hurricane Season" and many other scenario's using game maps to stand in for actual maps.  I think it adds depth and variety especially when a game is in it's early stages of development.  As more maps are developed and more planes added  more realistic missions can be made. 

Several skin artists have supplied us with the skins for Pacific missions.

Also, with the upcoming release of "Desert War" for CLoD, I noticed some of the Western stretches of the Moscow and Stalingrad maps are pretty flat.  I wonder what they would look like with some sand textures?  Again several skinners and even the Dev's have supplied us with desert/Torch skins.  Just sayin'.

It's going to be some time before official maps and missions will be made and released for these theatre's, if ever.

But in the meantime....

I hope someone takes on this challenge.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 11:20 AM, sniperton said:

Icon customization options as we had them in 1946 are a case in point for what would or could be desirable. I mean change marker image, hide/show marker image when distance is greater/less than X, hide/show text data when distance is greater/less than X, ideally it would be also great to select what kind of text is displayed (a combination or any of plane type, distance, pilot name or squad name).

I agree. In IL2 you could totally customize the icons. I had mine set so that they would show for friendlies about 1k out and enemies about .8 with no plane type until just before it came j to range where you could see it... 

I would also like to see a way to customize pilot photos. Even if it took a little work like in DCS ... IL2 was easy peazy ... but in DCS the pilot face model was much more detailed and you had to really tweak it so that the eyes lined up with the eyes, lips and nose all lined up properly but it was doable.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 2:30 AM, Uufflakke said:

I would like to see blizzards on wintermaps like Stalingrad.

To add some atmosphere.

tenor.gif?itemid=14341771

Just discovered this.  (and here i thought a senior moment was something you had in high school)

But, who would fly in a blizzard?  Now if we could get moving weather fronts it would be a different story.

However for Tank Crew it would be a cool (pun intended) scenario.

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, JG77-FluGb0t- said:

Can someone made a MOD with smoke (5-10min. or more) in plane crash site?

0000004515.jpg?t=1595861825

Wish we could,all fires smokes need to be longer and longer lasting,but they are hard coded so you can not change them,if they could I am sure someone would have done it long ago.

The devs are the only people who could improve the duration and size of the effects.

blitz do a good job in this respect,no harm in asking for these things

Could one of our talented modders create ww2 versions of the Aetype and Caquot obervation balloons for the Wehrmacht and the Red Army? Observation balloons saw wide spread use on the eastern front on both sides.

The balloons were very similar to the ww1 types. No changes to the model would be necessary, just new textures and maybe a new normal map.

the-nazi-propaganda-image-depicts-soldie

the-nazi-propaganda-image-depicts-soldie

dd5e304dc42fb9d31a2a0bf572ac5084.jpg

RussObservnBallnDanzig45.jpg

Edited by Juri_JS
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

There is a WW2 era barrage balloon already, its just not under the balloon section in the mission builder.

Yes, but it's only intended to be seen in the distance over Moscow. It doesn't have a damage model.

• 3 months later...
On 5/30/2020 at 6:36 PM, Danziger said:

Is there a way to slow down things like smoke plumes and wave speed? The smoke plumes from destroyed objects and ship stacks move really fast and looks out of scale. The same thing applies to the waves in the water especially around the shorelines. The waves around the shorelines look huge and move very fast.

Did you have any luck with this?

5 minutes ago, BinakZaino said:

A map creation tool

There are a lot of disabled editing tools already but the Dev's (I guess) don't want us to make maps of Pacific Islands, Finland, Italy. The Aleutians etc. that they haven't made planes for and they don't want to have to listen to complaints that either the ME is screwed (enough of that already) or that so-and-so's map is unplayable.  Then there would be the inevitable calls for many more objects, ships, vehicles....

They're already overstretched and underfunded.

Mind you I want all that too but the reality is what it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...