=SqSq=switch201

Mod Wish List

Mod to disable cockpit and just give us a wonder woman view. Seeing as this is single player and wont give any advantage online, it would be a great addition to the movie makers toolset. Really hope you can create/fix this for all cockpit views and delete the circle and cross hair. This will be a great asset to movie-makers, really appreciate your efforts on this and hope you can work some magic, cheers, MP

On 8/1/2018 at 5:16 PM, LizLemon said:

Yes, on the order of a miles.

In other news I can sorta get a wonder woman view

wonder woman.jpg

Edited by Mysticpuma

My mod wish would be for the QMB to allow different skins for each aircraft. You would be able to compare skins for multiple flights.

I've no idea how to do this but it would be cool to have a mod that restored the first person bailouts we used to have as well as staying inside the plane during a crash instead of being forced into the external view.

• Upvote 5

Gun sounds. Should be a lot more dull percussive popping type sound from outside. From inside it should be a lot quieter kind of thumping. 

I agree with the OP - having career missions which start close enough to the target that the entire mission can be kept to 10 minutes or less would be great (it would replace quick missions and be more like the old 'Red Baron' and 'Aces over' series).

The new patch (3.006) also makes me think that it'd be nice to mod vehicle effects so they aren't so prone to becoming fireballs.

• Haha 1

is there a bomb ground explosion mod somewhere in the making ?? i hear nothing at all when observing a bomb run from 2-3-4 KM's away !!

As I posted before but in the Patch 3.006 thread ....I was wondering that now that we have this astonishing oil splashes effect on goggles (and the raindrops as well), maybe we could in the future have some blood splashes. The pilot could be injured and start losing blood and losing consciousness little by little until eventually pass out. :wacko:

This modeled in the old Il2 1946 with a mod.

I just found some pics ...

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=7289.0

I remember Saburo Sakai being injured in Guadalcanal and flying all the way back to Rabaul!!!

Feasible?  I don't know .... modders are the ones to say if I am daydreaming or not :blush:

16072010213403.jpg

16072010194720.jpg

Edited by PA_Spartan-

My wish would be the possibility to select different flags and insignia, as in IL2-1946.

You see, something like English against Irish, French against Corsicans, Italians agains Italians, Germans against all.

Really politically uncorrect for a videogame.   😁

On 10/2/2018 at 2:01 PM, PA_Spartan- said:

As I posted before but in the Patch 3.006 thread ....I was wondering that now that we have this astonishing oil splashes effect on goggles (and the raindrops as well), maybe we could in the future have some blood splashes. The pilot could be injured and start losing blood and losing consciousness little by little until eventually pass out. :wacko:

This modeled in the old Il2 1946 with a mod.

I just found some pics ...

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=7289.0

I remember Saburo Sakai being injured in Guadalcanal and flying all the way back to Rabaul!!!

Feasible?  I don't know .... modders are the ones to say if I am daydreaming or not :blush:

16072010213403.jpg

16072010194720.jpg

I saw this when I got injured today ...

But it seems like stains in the googles, I am missing the blood in the cockpit though. :popcorm:

Maybe a combination of both?

JKv1exF0bJrF1hMzW2zlsEQwS3T0Vr9pvwdHrypM

Edited by PA_Spartan-

Is it possible to reduce enemy activity even more? Im playing with scattered density and its still slowfest.

It would be very cool if the navigation lights were visible only from 2-3 kilometers. And not through the whole map.:rolleyes:

2018_10_27__20_43_52.thumb.jpg.a5d5f228f03ea663c29af237cb5bec06.jpg

If the German AI would fly in 'Rotten' pairs and one could have (or be) a 'Kaczmarek'...

But that's not moddable I think.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:03 PM, vonGraf said:

If the German AI would fly in 'Rotten' pairs and one could have (or be) a 'Kaczmarek'...

But that's not moddable I think.

Nope

• Upvote 1

@LizLemon are those pics on the left stock and ones on the right modded?  If so where can I download for better texture map?

Wish list. 

More saturated ground colours in the Autumn map. Currently very pastel and washed out. 

Similar to the explosion effects, very washed out, would love to see more saturation and debris particles scattered. 

Ignore the lack of haze/cloud shapes/general colors. Just focus on the lighting of clouds. Improvement?

2019_11_18__13_34_35.thumb.jpg.15aaf443103d569cb07c5e232124849a.jpg2019_11_18__13_29_19.thumb.jpg.da3e6ec1cebc68999423c1f14db061f9.jpg

1 hour ago, LizLemon said:

Ignore the lack of haze/cloud shapes/general colors. Just focus on the lighting of clouds. Improvement?

very difficult to judge in isolation as it is things like colours and haze that enable you to judge the appropriateness of lighting, you really need to decide on a particular effect you are aiming to replicate and then change lots of things to maintain a sense of balance.

Subtle landscape elevations.

Like riverbanks.

But to be honest I can't remember to have seen that in any other flight sim. Perhaps a limitation of game engines?

Usually river and land is at the same level in sims. Which is unrealistic.

Or elevations underneath railways. Which is a very common thing, at least in Europe it is.

I shopped it a bit to show what I mean.

Train.jpg

TrainA.jpg

Edited by Uufflakke

On 11/22/2019 at 8:07 PM, LizLemon said:

This might be too puffy

puffy.thumb.png.0f61baebcca6235b36da2382772e65b9.png

@LizLemon is this primarily achieved through exaggerating the noise then applying a bit of smoothing or is it more evidence of you re-writing shaders?

Edited by HappyHaddock

Its changing how the type of noise and how it is applied through the shaders.

Left is what the stock cloud volume looks like, right is with a low frequency noise applied.

1456763701_noisepass.thumb.png.06ea9a39304f1df60bc419cad2e5aa54.png

I can get it to erode top down just fine, but this isn't really what I want. Need to figure out a better way to do it.

1636312590_noisetopdown.thumb.png.46b36a830f64fe903a20fb584ffcafc3.png

7 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

Its changing how the type of noise and how it is applied through the shaders.

Left is what the stock cloud volume looks like, right is with a low frequency noise applied.

1456763701_noisepass.thumb.png.06ea9a39304f1df60bc419cad2e5aa54.png

I can get it to erode top down just fine, but this isn't really what I want. Need to figure out a better way to do it.

1636312590_noisetopdown.thumb.png.46b36a830f64fe903a20fb584ffcafc3.png

The more I see of your technical changes to the shaders the more impressed I am by the possibilities and the more I realise I need to get to grips with HLSL coding... I just told myself I had more than enough on my plate with the artistic work I've already taken on trying to re-work the natural world in this sim and that I'd try finish what I started before moving on to the  whole new topic of shaders.

If I thought it was just going to be a few hours to pick up some basics of coding I'd drop what I was doing in flash to learn enough to bring shader re-writes within the scope of my own current project, but I fear learning HLSL coding from scratch is going to be much more than just a few hours to get to grips with... more than 30 years ago when I was considered to be a bit of an IT geek I possibly would have picked up the basics of what I needed to know quickly, but alas any technical understanding from the 1980's and 90's is now about as obsolete as it is possible to get in computing terms.

On 9/10/2018 at 3:26 AM, Danziger said:

Gun sounds. Should be a lot more dull percussive popping type sound from outside. From inside it should be a lot quieter kind of thumping. 

wish the M2 browning sound from the sherman tank was also the same one on the planes.

On 3/23/2018 at 10:46 AM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

How about a mod to turn off the radio entirely?   The radio messages in the Career are useful but in some of the  online servers they are meaningless.  One minute you re being told the  wind is from the East then 10 minutes later they are saying it is from the West or you hear  a flight being told their mission was successful and to RTB when there are no AI in the map.

It is hard to suggest much else as we have no idea what Jason counts as a 'programming change'.  With the exception of tweaks to sound & graphics technically all of it is.   Maybe muting the radio is?

Just change the name of the radio folder in your data/audio subfolders..change it from radio to something like old radio or delete it altogether if you never want radio chatter again...

Anyway... still hoping for a no cockpit mod, even if it can only be ACTIVATED in replays. This would be a great asset for movie makers. 

I dream for a real gun cam mode ..... recording like back and while old movies shaky style and all.

Wish list:

With PWCG now generating lots of night time missions for a night witch campaign I’d like to see a ‘night mode’ map screen please. When you play night missions you pretty much have to sit in a darkened room to see anything. As soon as you open the map screen it’s glaring bright white light is really painful and ruins my night vision! Perhaps just an option to invert the colours for these missions?

It may sound odd but the QMB is great for having some fun and yet there is a weird omission in that you can only choose one skin for your flight of aircraft! 

So if you flight has 4 aircraft they all have the same custom skin which sadly looks awful! 

Just wondering if it would be possible to somehow mod the interface so each aircraft could have it's own custom skin? 

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

The shilouettes of the aircrafts when they have a cloud as background look awful and from reading the threads about clouds and sky, etc. I'm aware of the reason. But what I don't know is there a way to fix that at all?

Le funeste's mod helps in some situations in my case (2D) but it's still not really satisfying.

And do the developers mean this issue when they wrote in the update notes:

"5. Planes visual pixelization against the clouds at medium distances has been greatly reduced."

because I recognize no difference but I'll play more missions to see what's going on.

• Like 1

5 часов назад, vonGraf сказал:

"5. Planes visual pixelization against the clouds at medium distances has been greatly reduced."

because I recognize no difference but I'll play more missions to see what's going on.

I think that was talking about this effect. It got a lot better for me.

Before. 
2019_11_8__22_4_17.thumb.jpg.a1726be6f17e48acb098335e59d87830.jpg
After.
2019_11_30__12_59_6.thumb.jpg.57bb66402c19251f450fe86511e768f0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Was there a mod to disable the shockwave on plane impact? I could swear I saw something like this here but can't find it. If not, could anyone make it please? It's a bit too exaggerated.