Mod Wish List

How about adding/modifying a squadron/plane set availability for the Career?

Specifically, I would like to be able to use the lovely Macchi in Kuban... has anyone tried something similar?

• 1CGS
17 hours ago, Veteran66 said:

will be goot to allow the missions designer to set the object LOD`s so we can set a important target like a ship or Buildings to LOD50 (50km) ;)

Can't happen and you don't understand the limits of how it all works. Not very far beyond our current limit objects become a pixel in size. Useless.

Jason

Shootable infantry (infantry blobs or something in that regard)

More unique buildings.

Flying in Russia, well, I would like to see some of those churches just somewhere:

As I am flying the italians in career modus, some fleshed out italian squadron and radio transmission.

Some global visibility for custom squadron camo's

(after somebody confirmed the "historic plausibility" of each camo, so that NO pink-yellow-red IL-2 will fly around with anime girls on it)

Minengeschosse and at all customizable amunition-belts

A tool which would allow one gathered flight, or one side to see "drawings" and "painted tactical symbols" on the map, not in the meaning of a realtime GPS or so, but

more for planing a flight

My wishlist:

1. Replace Pilot pictures.

2. Photo in Cockpit.

3. After action report more detailed. - like in RoF

4. !Markings on planes! - just like in PWCG in RoF, where you can assign own skins to Squads.

That´s all. The rest is just great! - I´m sure, there is a lot to come right from the developers.

• Upvote 1

What about a drivable AA vehicle and man-able Flak cannon! Even if just single player, It'd be pretty entertaining to blast stuff out the sky. 

Not sure if it would require coding of if in game assets can be used. 

Edited by TexasWarbird
26 minutes ago, TexasWarbird said:

What about a drivable AA vehicle and man-able Flak cannon! Even if just single player, It'd be pretty entertaining to blast stuff out the sky. 

Not sure if it would require coding of if in game assets can be used. 

I doubt that drivable AA vehicles and man-able flak could be done via a mod, but they are definitely planned for the Tank Crew expansion.

These might fall under the coding restriction but here goes.

1. More realistic looking destroyed static aircraft.

2. Longer amount of time before crashed aircraft or those that have landed disappear.

3. A HUD featuring speed, altitude and heading like we had in the original IL-2.

8 hours ago, Rjel said:

3. A HUD featuring speed, altitude and heading like we had in the original IL-2.

Do we not already have this or are you asking for something displayed differently?

On 4/1/2018 at 10:42 AM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Do we not already have this or are you asking for something displayed differently?

I think he wants the HUD a la il2-1946. Not very popular with the full-real players, but a "must" for open pit players.

This is currently not possible to achieve with the kind of access we have to game files. 

Edited by Pupo
7 hours ago, Pupo said:

I think he wants the HUD a la il2-1946. Not very popular with the full-real players, but a "must" for open pit players.

This is currently not possible to achieve with the kind of access we have to game files. 

No that's not it. It was a simple 3 line text hud you could place in a corner. It was unobtrusive. I no longer have the classic IL-2 installed to show a picture but I think most will remember it. I believe most pilots used it back in the beginning as head tracking wasn't available. At least widely available to my knowledge. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Stlg13/Sgt_Schultz said:

Not sure if in any way possible, but a first person bailout mod would be amazing :happy:.

If you have another plane padlocked when you bail out, it will be done in first person. It looks pretty cool and does give you a sense of urgency bailing out. The only downside is you can't look around in first person and if you go to a third person view of your floating down you can't go back to the first person. It does seem like it could be a doable mod or future feature.

1 hour ago, Rjel said:

If you have another plane padlocked when you bail out, it will be done in first person. It looks pretty cool and does give you a sense of urgency bailing out. The only downside is you can't look around in first person and if you go to a third person view of your floating down you can't go back to the first person. It does seem like it could be a doable mod or future feature.

Never play with padlocking :biggrin:, but that does give me hope that it would be doable if in some form it is kinda already in the game. Definitely agree with the sense of urgency it would add, and it would make bailing out a much more memorable (not to mention immersive) event. 

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Holy crap, a request that might be realistically acheivable  :o:

For all our superegos ... looking at a plane we have just shot down .... is something special .... maybe it's the beast inside us but I like to see the damaged planes. Psycho?

At least better than looking at myself in a burning cockpit trying to bail out before I fry!!! ;)

Edited by PA_Spartan-
1 hour ago, PA_Spartan- said:

For all our superegos ... looking at a plane we have just shot down .... is something special .... maybe it's the beast inside us but I like to see the damaged planes. Psycho?

At least better than looking at myself in a burning cockpit trying to bail out before I fry!!! ;)

I do this plenty, but also using the 4k skins now, looking out at holes in your wings and being able to count the pixels is a bit disappointing. 

Dumb question time, but has anyone ever considered trying to do  a bails in 1st person mod?

I loved it in European Air War, getting out the stricken cockpit, tumbling over in the air until the chute opened.

If not possible, I guess the Devs are the final guys to harass- I mean ask.

Edited by seafireliv
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

We have access to config files and textures.  Not the game code.  

Yup. Though judging by this thread, a lot of people have trouble understanding what the limitations are. Perhaps someone should try to give an explanation (in general terms at least) as to (a) what definitely can be done, (b) what definitely can't be done, and (c) what might be possible, though further investigation would be needed to know for sure. Any takers? 

Edited by AndyJWest

Yep

In basic, general terms, it comes down to having access to texture and sound files.

What those files are, and when/if they are used in the sim.

You can alter the color of the sky dome, but you can't alter how light plays/reflects on the environment.

You can alter a cockpit texture, but you can't delete part of the mesh to alter shape of a knob or handle.

You can alter the texture of a road, but you can't move, delete the road.

You can't add features, functionality to the game. You don't have access to meshes, (including the map mesh) physics engine, rigging, rendering....code...period.

Definitely can be done

• Edit any texture/image
  • Upgrade texture resolution
  • Tweak lighting with normal/specular maps 
  • Edit numerical parameters of certain objects, such as weapons and vehicles (not aircraft)
  • Replace sounds (tricky beyond radio voices)
  • Edit most texts, such as career biographies 

Might be possible

• Change 3D meshes (requires release of plugin or reverse-engineering of .mgm files)

Can't be done

• Change behaviour of game (requires code)

Of course, this list isn't definitive. There exist other strange techniques that are too cumbersome for general use (but could eventually prove useful). 

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo
  • Upvote 2

How about some reduction in the amount of gunsmoke? I've fired a lot of M2 .50 ammo made in WW2 and it definitely does not leave a huge smoke trail. The smoke is so large that tracers are not needed.

2 hours ago, Tiestilha said:

How about heavy breathing sound for when the pilot is subjected to high G's?

It's already implemented in the game - just happen to me this afternoon on BERLOGA after coming out of

a evasive dive... and it was heavy, I assure you.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it's possible to create a medium sized ocean map (300 x 200 km) without any land, that could be used for all kinds of anti-shipping missions (Med, Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic Convoys, etc.)?

• Like 1