JimmySolarium

Co Op Missions // cannot establish connection

Yes, I have mods on.

14 minutes ago, Thad said:

From within IL2 my server is displayed and I was able to join it. This was registered on the Dserver display. 

I try the Cooperative Comples Example.

I enabled Mods On mode. Very long load time, then Error 10019: Unable to connect to game server.

Check the IP to which ports are forwarded. See Server IP on pg. 328 of the editor manual. 

Got error message '10019 Unable to connect to game server'.

It's either one of two things;

This mission needs to be resaved in the editor to conform to the latest version of the game or......which I think is more likely.......you haven't got the correct ports open on your machine.

I've no idea if this helps but you can see here how it looks on the same router.

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/13140-port-forwarding/?_fromLogout=1&_fromLogin=1

Both Sid and I have the same router but the way he had it set up would not work but mine did.

This was a small miracle as Sid knows what he's doing when it comes to PC's whereas I merely got lucky.......  

The mission is newly entered into the editor and saved.

I can login to other servers and their files are downloadable correctly. Some how I can get onto server and receive downloads from them. I doubt the ports are the problem.

I am very, very frustrated right now. Too the point of anger. The thought entered my mind to put my fist through my monitor. Time to stop these efforts for the time being.

Sorry guys. I've tried to overcome this problem for almost two year. It appear hopeless right now. :salute:

PS. Does the directory from which the mission is located of any importance and long as the .list file is accurate?

2 minutes ago, Thad said:

The mission is newly entered into the editor and saved.

I can login to other servers and their files are downloadable correctly. Some how I can get onto server and receive downloads from them. I doubt the ports are the problem.

I am very, very frustrated right now. Too the point of anger. The thought entered my mind to put my fist through my monitor. Time to stop these efforts for the time being.

Sorry guys. I've tried to overcome this problem for almost two year. It appear hopeless right now. :salute:

PS. Does the directory from which the mission is located of any importance and long as the .list file is accurate?

The mission should be in the correct main directory (/dogfight or /cooperative) or a subdirectory of the main directory. The .list file should give that exact directory/subdirectory. 

Thanks JimTM and others that tried to help. :salute:

No problem. Looks like we need a networking genius to work out the core issue. The basic setup that I documented in the manual works fine for me, but there seems to be a lot of variation in what works for people (different ports, VPNs, virtual machines, etc.). I'm at a loss on what to recommend in the manual now.

Salutations,

By using the cmd function and inputing ipconfig/all I received a readout that indicated that my computer has IP Routing NOT enabled!

No wonder everything I have tried to forward ports hasn't worked!

My question and dilemma now is.... how exactly do I Enable IP Routing?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

By using the cmd function and inputing ipconfig/all I received a readout that indicated that my computer has IP Routing NOT enabled!

No wonder everything I have tried to forward ports hasn't worked!

My question and dilemma now is.... how exactly do I Enable IP Routing?

I don't think it's a issue with routing - you probably has default gateway selected and this is enough for workstation which do not act as router between different networks.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

I reset my network setting and now Ipconfig shows that IP Routing is inabled. 

Still can't host anything though. 🙁