1_Robert_

3.001 is running super smooth!

1 minute ago, =GM=GJL2 said:

and now press H to hide HUD then see any difference.

Im at same flight as the above pictures Hiding Hud does not make mutch diffrence maybe few fps increase to average.

It does get little performance but im fine with the performance what im getting right now.

I made few edits up post.

13 minutes ago, =GM=GJL2 said:

dont use ingame Vsync and Fullscreen, then go to NVIDIA control panel, change vertical sync to"fast sync" and try again!

Hi,

thanks for your suggestion, but alas, speaking of FPS and tearing there was no difference. Stuttering is still unbearable.

And this only happens when online. And btw. stuttering is even worse when flying the P39! So go figure!

Anyway thanks for your help.

Cheerio

Like I said, they need to optimize MP (again) because in poopular and crowded server, specially on new Cuban map, it isnt very smooth. Im not talking about FPS or screen tearing. Im talking about super micro stutters. I get rid of my heavy stutters with 4k textures option but still I cna feel it isnt super smooth as before patch.

Also in SP with 16 AI planes around me, its super smooth so it isnt my PC, ofcourse.

Last year I had a lot of problems finding the right kind of V-sync. 

I realize that Jason's recommendation right now is to uncheck Full Screen and check V-sync in game.  The way I've been doing it for a while though, was to be in Full Screen mode, in-game V-sync unchecked, and Adaptive V-sync check in the Nvidia driver (and everything else default in Nvidia).   That seemed to create the best results.  Adaptive V-sync works when your fps is going to be above the monitor refresh rate, but disables itself when you go below, thus avoiding a lot of stuttering as it goes back and forth between native screen refresh rate and 1/2 multiples of it.   Since I'm still not getting any noticeable stuttering now, and no tearing, even after the 3.0001 update, and everything is as smooth as ever, I've decided that I'm going to keep these settings, at least for the time being (if it ain't broke, don't fix it theory).    I'm not 100% sure, but I think whatever "micro-stutters" I might encounter now have to do with issues related to big dogfights in a crowded multiplayer server that affect everyone, regardless of local graphics settings.

Edited by SeaSerpent

5 hours ago, blitze said:

Get rid of that SSAO, and AA if you are running it ingame.  Set AA up in Nvidia control panel.

Also look at some of the settings in Nvidia Panel that have been posted on these forums as well, but that is more for Gama issues and such.

I have Sharpening on but terrain filters off.  Hope this helps.

Just tried nvidia vsync and AA and the game is stutter fest and slow. i´ll try terrain filter off

3 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

according to Jason if you Have G-syn or FreeSync, use only V-sync in game and let the application decide in the configuration panel.

I thought that G-sync generally required that in-game v-sync be disabled?  I'm away from my computer this weekend but I'll try this suggestion when I get back with the g-sync indicator turned on (Nvidia Control Panel > Display > G-SYNC Indicator). 

Overall, it's been smooth as butter for me post-3.001, but i am seeing occasional screen-tearing, which suggests that g-sync isn't working.

45 minutes ago, RobCarter3 said:

I thought that G-sync generally required that in-game v-sync be disabled?  I'm away from my computer this weekend but I'll try this suggestion when I get back with the g-sync indicator turned on (Nvidia Control Panel > Display > G-SYNC Indicator). 

Overall, it's been smooth as butter for me post-3.001, but i am seeing occasional screen-tearing, which suggests that g-sync isn't working.

the standard guide is the following:

• G-Sync Activated.
  • Global Settings V-Sync Forced
  • Use RTSS to cap your framerates below your refresh rate by 3fps

https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/

Here is the source

14 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

-snip-

Thanks, I'll try this out as soon as I get the chance

I don't know if anyone can help but I have that horrible bluryness when looking at the clouds and the edges of things against clouds. It is really bad HELP!

5 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

I don't know if anyone can help but I have that horrible bluryness when looking at the clouds and the edges of things against clouds. It is really bad HELP!

You need to pay attention more. It's been discussed repeatedly, long before this last update. Nothing that can be done about it.

8 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Maybe you need to go a little bit easier on the sauce.

3 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

You need to pay attention more. It's been discussed repeatedly, long before this last update. Nothing that can be done about it.

Well why did I manage some how to sort it out before and it is back with vengeance this update.  I forgothow I solved it and was hoping someone could jog my memory. 

That was quite a harsh way to reply anyway. Sort it out

3 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Well why did I manage some how to sort it out before and it is back with vengeance this update.  I forgothow I solved it and was hoping someone could jog my memory. 

That was quite a harsh way to reply anyway. Sort it out

I'm sorry Aero, but it's always been there.

Jason

9 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I'm sorry Aero, but it's always been there.

Jason

I will have to play around with it. I'm not saying it was not there before but I'm telling you after I changed some settings to get the campaign running smoothly it got drastically worse. I will post what I mean when I get a chance. It is even all over my own aircrafts surfaces. 

Edited by AeroAce

I guess we are getting used to things with time,and the brain starts filtering out unwanted stuff. After an update, we look at it much more critically again - and "find" stuff that has always been there ....

8 minutes ago, 216th_Nocke said:

I guess we are getting used to things with time,and the brain starts filtering out unwanted stuff. After an update, we look at it much more critically again - and "find" stuff that has always been there ....

Yes, I agree. Everything gets put under the microscope after something like this update because we want things to be perfect after a big patch.

Few observations after I fixed stutters on Jason`s suggestion (to turn ON 4K textures option). Offline with 16 AI planes is butter smooth again. Multiplayer is also very good even with full server (84/84 Wings of Liberty). However that is as long as Kuban map isnt loaded on server. With Kuban map the game isnt smooth as on other maps. Its still very much playable for my mid range PC and 1200p (HIGH setting , med shadows and clouds, 2X, Vsnyc ON, full screen, SSAO off, FPS locked at 60). Note: My FPS never goes below 60 both online and offline, on all maps and with many pilots online. Also I noticed that after I open full screen map, as soon as I close that map - my game stutters only once - shortly. The whole full screen map seems also a bit slow. Like it is influencing on performance. Odd.

I hope devs would focus on optimisng Kuban map becasue on other maps I see a considerably smoother online exprerience. The new water drops effect on canopy is beautiful.

Edited by blackram

1 hour ago, AeroAce said:

I will have to play around with it. I'm not saying it was not there before but I'm telling you after I changed some settings to get the campaign running smoothly it got drastically worse. I will post what I mean when I get a chance. It is even all over my own aircrafts surfaces. 

I find setting clouds to anything except High causes large amounts of pixelated blur when an aircraft is infront of a cloud. On High things are about what they have always been. It's there when an aircraft is in the distance but its not so bad and far less noticeable.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

The problem with Vsync in-game is that I can’t lock FPS to a constant target, so it’s randomly dropping. That’s why I use Nvidia Vsync and disable the in-game one.

4 hours ago, blackram said:

Few observations after I fixed stutters on Jason`s suggestion (to turn ON 4K textures option). Offline with 16 AI planes is butter smooth again. Multiplayer is also very good even with full server (84/84 Wings of Liberty). However that is as long as Kuban map isnt loaded on server. With Kuban map the game isnt smooth as on other maps. Its still very much playable for my mid range PC and 1200p (HIGH setting , med shadows and clouds, 2X, Vsnyc ON, full screen, SSAO off, FPS locked at 60). Note: My FPS never goes below 60 both online and offline, on all maps and with many pilots online. Also I noticed that after I open full screen map, as soon as I close that map - my game stutters only once - shortly. The whole full screen map seems also a bit slow. Like it is influencing on performance. Odd.

I hope devs would focus on optimisng Kuban map becasue on other maps I see a considerably smoother online exprerience. The new water drops effect on canopy is beautiful.

What's your PC rig?

Man I think this update is a real stinker.  Graphic and performance wise.  All that time and 1 new plane?  Come on man!

24 minutes ago, Muzman55 said:

Man I think this update is a real stinker.  Graphic and performance wise.  All that time and 1 new plane?  Come on man!

1 new plane? Not true.

57 minutes ago, Muzman55 said:

Dude, I don't know what you're smokin', but it's no good for you, man.  

• Haha 1

FWIW, I'm getting a stable 59-60 FPS with the pre-set set to High with Vsync and Sharpen checked with the occasional, but rare, micro-stutter. Below are my system specs:

Intel I5 7300-HQ 

SSD 256GB+1TB WD Black (The game is installed on the SSD of course)

8GB DDR4 SD RAM

GTX 1050Ti 4GB 

I've been having FPS and stutter issues for ages in that I've been saving up for a new rig. I last updated my CPU in 2009 with an I7 950. Anyway I was getting around 37-44 fps in Kuban no matter what I did in the graphics settings. 

I've just realised I had the program set to Wndows 7 mode whilst i'm using windows 10. I unticked it and i'm now getting a solid 60-70fps, with the occasional 80-90 when over water. Just make sure if your using windows 10 to make sure the program is running in windows 10 mode. Stuttering and tearing was solved by setting V-sync to off, uncapping FPS target in game and setting the GFX card to use Fast v-sync in Nvidia options, worked a treat. Anyway now I dont need a new rig yet until VR gets better.

Also anyone getting jaggy clouds around objects?

Edited by Tyberan

I tried multiple settings and once the enemy activity in the front line is loaded game is slow (but still 60 fps) no matter what graphic option is selected.

Game is significantly improved but still very CPU hungry imho and I cant upgrade my PC in the near future so I have to live with that. :(

Game is smooth as a babies rear quarters on my box. rift CV1, 1070 8gb, 16gb RAM, i5 4670@3.1ghz. I run no reshaders or fancy fiddlin' with the nvidia panel, but high settings in the sim including medium shadows and looooooong view distance. It is motherlovin' glorious

Of course it helps that i'm quite satisfied with a steady 45frames a sec. 90 would be nice, but I rather have the pretties than the smoove.

Edited by schurem

2 hours ago, schurem said:

Game is smooth as a babies rear quarters on my box. rift CV1, 1070 8gb, 16gb RAM, i5 4670@3.1ghz. I run no reshaders or fancy fiddlin' with the nvidia panel, but high settings in the sim including medium shadows and looooooong view distance. It is motherlovin' glorious

Of course it helps that i'm quite satisfied with a steady 45frames a sec. 90 would be nice, but I rather have the pretties than the smoove.

Did you fly online? For example on BERLOGA or WOL? Still smooth like a baby's butt?

13 minutes ago, EAF_T_Therion said:

Did you fly online? For example on BERLOGA or WOL? Still smooth like a baby's butt?

For me online performance has become a lot better. Not as smooth as singleplayer but that was to be expected. I don't know what the reason is that some people experience this. (4k option checked though?)

4 hours ago, Tyberan said:

I've been having FPS and stutter issues for ages in that I've been saving up for a new rig. I last updated my CPU in 2009 with an I7 950. Anyway I was getting around 37-44 fps in Kuban no matter what I did in the graphics settings. 

I've just realised I had the program set to Wndows 7 mode whilst i'm using windows 10. I unticked it and i'm now getting a solid 60-70fps, with the occasional 80-90 when over water. Just make sure if your using windows 10 to make sure the program is running in windows 10 mode. Stuttering and tearing was solved by setting V-sync to off, uncapping FPS target in game and setting the GFX card to use Fast v-sync in Nvidia options, worked a treat. Anyway now I dont need a new rig yet until VR gets better.

What's your gpu and graphic settings?

59 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

For me online performance has become a lot better. Not as smooth as singleplayer but that was to be expected. I don't know what the reason is that some people experience this. (4k option checked though?)

Of course I did what Jason suggested - I don't like to criticize others before doing what I'm told to try. Thank you anyway.

Cheers

2 hours ago, EAF_T_Therion said:

Did you fly online? For example on BERLOGA or WOL?

nope. I dont do online. I dont care for most MP environments and their culture.

• Upvote 1

Topic is correct 3001 is running super smooth  but only offline, online it has problems same as before had online only, but now they are more noticable.

8 hours ago, Tyberan said:

Where do you go to check this?

I hosted the sample online co-op mission from my machine last night several times.   Four of us flying and the rest of the slots AI.   It ran butter smooth, my frame rate a solid V-sync locked 60fps no matter what was happening in the mission.   Aside from my rusty gunnery it was a lot of fun to fly with my BlitzPig mates again online. 

Jason, thank you and the entire team for making this possible.  A bunch of the old BlitzPigs, and our non-Pig friends are now going to be back flying again because of being able to host our own missions again.

Just waiting for more community made co-op and DF missions that we can download and use.   The editor is still mind boggling but I'll give it another go and try to figure it out.

:cool:

MP is seriously bugged after 3001 update. Was simmilar after oen of the earlier big patches and devs fixed it. Hope they will do the same this time. Some servers are smooth but not crowded, on some servers we have stutters, doesnt matter what I pick in graphics settings. Some ppl with strong rigs have the same. Ticking 4k textures fixed my stutters on the most popular server Liberty....but there I cant pick a plane sometimes. Doesnt matter which airfield I choose. It says "airfield conditions are changed". that is what is saying even for fields in distance where is clear all planes are available. Very odd. Some servers are ok but not crowded. Kuban map is using problems for some, alone, no matter on which rig is running and how many are online. Dunno what to say anymore. I will return to ROF and CLOD untill they fix MP. Currnt state is painful...I bought La5Fn and now its sitting in a hangar.....sad....not even thing of buying anything else until I will be able to play it actually...

No its not my PC...that same brand new PC was running BOx super smooth and even with higher options in graphics settings, both online an offline. Now its only ok offline. I tested mission with 16 AI planes and all is ok...

3 hours ago, smink1701 said:

Where do you go to check this?

Got to il-2 Sturmovik/bin/game

right click on il-2.exe.

Go to Compatibility tab and check.

What a stinker.  Al kinds of bugs with this boys.  Gotta believe there is a fix coming.

Edited by Muzman55
repeat
  • Haha 1

If you're having stuttering issues, and using VSYNC, try turning VSYNC off, then set FPS Target to "off" and re-enable VSYNC.

If you're disabling VSYNC, try setting target FPS to off and see how runs. Then try VSYNC on with target FPS to off.

Yea, I'm referring to the stuttering, CTW's, keyboard issues, press icon control CTW, P39 Cockpit all jacked up.  Thanks for the heads up on the Vsync Furious.   I will try it.  Never had a problem before this update.  

Edited by Muzman55