Jump to content
Gambit21

Havoc Over the Kuban - RELEASED

Recommended Posts

@Gambit21This is a truly brilliant Campaign, and worth every penny.

I just wanted to make a public note of Gratitude for the hundreds of hours of hard work that must have gone into the production of this masterpiece.

Although the AI don't fly in a tight enough formation by [DBS] Standards ( ;) ) .... it's pretty damned good. 

Thank You.

 

Kind Regards,

MDS1

 

 

havoc in the kuban.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's nice but some levels are quite boring. Long periods with nada to do ....  time acceleration upwards x 2-8 does not seem to work here BTW.

 

i tried to open a level to try out some changes ... can you open it in the FMB editor? couldn't find it. as with other factory missions ..

 

Edited by jollyjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 2:24 AM, jollyjack said:

it's nice but some levels are quite boring. Long periods with nada to do ....  time acceleration upwards x 2-8 does not seem to work here BTW.

 

i tried to open a level to try out some changes ... can you open it in the FMB editor? couldn't find it. as with other factory missions ..

 

 

Every mission has something to do.

 

This campaign is for those who enjoy flying as well as blowing things up.

 

If you want instant gratification and 5 minute flights then you have the QMB - and no you can’t access the mission files.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you're right ... but sitting at the monitor for more than 5 minutes at some well made computer scenery before something interesting happens annoys me a little, especially when time scale doesn't work ... I enjoyed some 'home made' missions more even in that respect.

Edited by jollyjack
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jollyjack said:

you're right ... but sitting at the monitor for more than 5 minutes at some well made computer scenery before something interesting happens annoys me a little, especially when time scale doesn't work ... I enjoyed some 'home made' missions more even in that respect.

 

You are not the intended audience/customer for a scripted campaign such as this. I created this for those who want an immersive, more realistic experience.  Again you have the QMB to fill your “no more than 5 minutes” needs. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gambit. 

First of all, I'm having a good time flying your campaign, thank you very much for this. 

Some small bugs happened so far, like once my entire flight (I believe it was in mission 6) took right instead of left in the last waypoint before attack and then suddenly despawned right in front of me. 
No problem, I went ahead alone and completed it. 

Today, I tried to fly the "swating nest" mission twice, and every time, right after bombing the hangars, when I tried to change bomb drop grouping (single/pairs/etc) the game just CTD - straight, no message or error. Windows event log said something about il2.exe causing Exception code: 0xc0000005. Strange that I tested before getting to this point in mission and changing bomb grouping was ok. Dunno if this is some bug or not, just wanted to report. Now, back to try it for the third time - this time I promise NOT to change anything, because the incursion time is long.
Also, I thought that missions would be flown following the leader down to the deck through mountains, but until now every mission has a long ingress route flown above clouds (minus this one, which I believe is the #11 or #12).
Anyway, excellent campaign, enjoying the hell out of the A20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jokerBR, there are a handful of missions with ingress routes between mountains etc.

I can't remember the mission numbers now off the top of my head, but more than the one exception that you named.

 

 

Can you please enable crash reporting?

 

Go to your data folder and double click on the "EnableErrorReporting.reg

 

Then after you get a crash, double click on data/ViewCrashDumps.cmd

 

Then fly "swatting the nest" again and send me the resulting file?

I know it's a hassle, but would be a big help.

Edited by Gambit21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind Gambit, I found that the culprit is indeed a mod that I'm using that permits me to fly on the bombardier position. The crash occurs when I change bomb grouping from this position. If I change it from the pilot view, the game doesn't crash. Sorry for the false alarm. Next time I'll try to remember that I use mods on SP (and the first thing to do when facing errors is to disable them). :good:

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jokerBR said:

Nevermind Gambit, I found that the culprit is indeed a mod that I'm using that permits me to fly on the bombardier position. The crash occurs when I change bomb grouping from this position. If I change it from the pilot view, the game doesn't crash. Sorry for the false alarm. Next time I'll try to remember that I use mods on SP (and the first thing to do when facing errors is to disable them). :good:

Cheers

 

Thanks joker.

I'll have to remember to ask if mods are enabled if I get crash reports in the future...never even occurred to me before this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

User mods often give errors also in Train Simulator 2020 i was told, especially after updates, as some (mods) probably need to be updated too.  ...

Landscape and texture detail mods can be quite critical, but can be very worthwhile though, as basic TW2020 textures look quite ugly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up this campaign during the sale. I'm on mission 8... I can't express into words how much I've enjoyed it. Aside of Eagle Leader flying like a dick from time to time 240mph to 170mph okayyyy SUDDEN DIVE at way point lead for many "oh shit!" moments haha. That is honestly my only complaint is the flight lead, if I was leader that'd be great (i'm not finished the campaign yet so who knows). This is the first campaign I've played thru, I picked up a few others as well during the sale. But I hope this is what every campaign I bought is also like/similar. The anti-shipping missions are by far my favorite. The 2nd and 5th mission (i think it was those) I saw the airplanes taking off and I just smiled with joy as I remembered I still had my internal bomb bay still full of 100kg bombs. So many planes destroyed on the runway. such good times. Like I said I'm only mission 8, i rarely ever post/comment on here, but I felt the need to come on here and post about my joy so far with this campaign. I look forward greatly to any thing you have in the future.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrazyJow said:

I picked up this campaign during the sale. I'm on mission 8... I can't express into words how much I've enjoyed it. Aside of Eagle Leader flying like a dick from time to time 240mph to 170mph okayyyy SUDDEN DIVE at way point lead for many "oh shit!" moments haha. That is honestly my only complaint is the flight lead, if I was leader that'd be great (i'm not finished the campaign yet so who knows). This is the first campaign I've played thru, I picked up a few others as well during the sale. But I hope this is what every campaign I bought is also like/similar. The anti-shipping missions are by far my favorite. The 2nd and 5th mission (i think it was those) I saw the airplanes taking off and I just smiled with joy as I remembered I still had my internal bomb bay still full of 100kg bombs. So many planes destroyed on the runway. such good times. Like I said I'm only mission 8, i rarely ever post/comment on here, but I felt the need to come on here and post about my joy so far with this campaign. I look forward greatly to any thing you have in the future.

 

Yeah the Lead is very "seat of the pants" in his flying - gotta stay on your toes. :)

Thank you for the compliments...makes it all worth it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...