Gambit21

Havoc Over the Kuban - RELEASED

A flight of A-20's about to roll in on a convoy of German supply vessels.

2018_12_14__0_48_27.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, w00dy said:

I wonder if we will get it for Christmas 🤔

I sure hope so.

Jason said "more info later", but we only heard about the pre-order for "Fortress on the Volga", which sends a strange message.

I'm not allowed to give detailed info, or give a definitive statement,  but I can repeat Jason's remark that it will be soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I'm not allowed to give detailed info, or give a definitive statement,  but I can repeat Jason's remark that it will be soon.

I know, I was just teasing ;) I'm sure you are as impatient as we are. Looking forward to it! :) 

Purchased! - and I heard there was a game trailer - but it's not at 1C/YouTube yet....:cool:

Edited by gn728

Shamrock made it - I just pm’d him to ask about the link. Might have to wait until the devs post it.

• Thanks 1

Got it Gambit, first mission tonight! Congrats on getting it made and 'officially' in the game. :good:

Cheers.

Survived the first mission....some holes...well more than some...😐... but made it back.....one question are custom skins locked?  not a big deal...just curious.... but an excellent job.  looking forward to flying the rest of the missions....S!

Edited by 216th_Cathaoir
  • Upvote 1

Yippee!! Purchased!!

Not sure when I'm going to get to play it, but look forward to playing it in VR.

Fly those bombs down those Kraut's throats comrade - that's the job. :)

Gents,

Nice video and I'm now looking forward to Gambit doing a later campaign with a Mossie! However, can we please do something about the front gunner/navigator as he appears to be either touching himself or perhaps he is just simulating something (towards end of vid, 1:42 onwards)!

Anyway Regards

Edited by Haza

Scripted Campaign "Havoc over the Kuban"

havoc_over_kuban_P1Apapn.jpg.4ccb248ce169302cb6e6c3debab7ddeb.jpg

This historically inspired single-player campaign is set during mid to late 1942 on the Caucasus Front, after the capture of Rostov-on-Don on July 23rd by German forces. The bold thrust by Germany's Army Group A, the 17th Army, as well as several other units, including German mountain divisions continued toward the lower Don regions and the Caucasus. The ultimate goal being the Russian oil fields at Maikop, Baku and Azerbaijan.

You will fly the A-20B Boston, or "Havoc" in the #2 slot as a replacement pilot in "Eagle Squadron", a unit specializing in risky, but effective low-level supply interdiction as well as anti-shipping on the Black Sea. The leader of your unit knows the region well, every peak and valley, and takes full advantage of his knowledge of the terrain as he takes you under his wing and leads you and the rest of his "Eagles" northward, over the snow-capped mountains, and over the Black Sea to thwart the German advance.

Time frame: Sept 3rd, 1942 - Oct 27th, 1942
Regiment: Fictional
Available Aircraft: A-20B
Duration: 16 missions
Mission Duration: 30 to 80 minutes
Average total playtime: 12 hours

Author:  =Gambit21=

This campaign requires IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban.

01.thumb.jpg.0ee06c8657a54a32a879baf46a75e88e.jpg02.thumb.jpg.f9c43464ad68e4953f63edd6da3163b9.jpg03.thumb.jpg.bfa5d5716fb5b510dfeffce2c254d6f8.jpg

04.thumb.jpg.9acd44126eb0bdac063d179df3c7109e.jpg05.thumb.jpg.6709a6a16de14a08a7d3748749965d0e.jpg06.thumb.jpg.0dd8a0d38b408af07a94d730b73943c0.jpg

Buy the campaign in our store

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So far into the second mission and looks great.

Finally some mission with startup and taxing combined with naval objectives....very nice job Gambit!

Gambit's done a great job on this campaign and I encourage folks who enjoy flying the A-20 to really check this out. There are some great missions in here!

• Like 1

I will not have time to fly this campaign before Christmas but I have bought it. I loved the sea dragon campaign by Black six and I really recommend people to try out bomber ground pounder campaigns. I will when things calm down in sales donate 5 of this campaign to people not affording to buy it or would not buy it for other reasons. And hope for future similar campaigns. Go Gambit and Blacksix to me you guys make all the difference. I know how much energy you guys put into these campaigns

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LuseKofte said:

I will not have time to fly this campaign before Christmas but I have bought it. I loved the sea dragon campaign by Black six and I really recommend people to try out bomber ground pounder campaigns. I will when things calm down in sales donate 5 of this campaign to people not affording to buy it or would not buy it for other reasons. And hope for future similar campaigns. Go Gambit and Blacksix to me you guys make all the difference. I know how much energy you guys put into these campaigns

I loved the Sea Dragons campaign as well, it was the first flying I did after a long break, the first flying with my VR headset. However, once I reached mission 7 (I think, maybe it was 6 or 8), there was a lot of stuff going on and my performance in VR dropped to a state that it was unplayable for me, so I didn't continue. I fear the same might happen with this one, otherwise it would be a sure buy for me.

• Like 1

Well sir I gift you one   It sounds like you are my first customer 😁 

Edit: Done  you should have the key now

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 1

Fantastic cinematic trailer, this campaign looks so interesting. Flying through valleys and attacking shipping... - What's not to like!

Gambit, congrats on having your great work published! Wishing you a well-deserved Christmas holiday! 

• Thanks 1

Between the two campaigns and the U2 it looks like my BOBP and TC fund is about to get wiped out again 😀.

This campaign looks awesome

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

Well sir I gift you one   It sounds like you are my first customer 😁 

Edit: Done  you should have the key now

Very lovely from you. Many thanks!! 🙂 Now I just hope my processor is going to manage the whole campaign this time 🙉