Gambit21

Havoc Over the Kuban - RELEASED

A flight of A-20's about to roll in on a convoy of German supply vessels.

2018_12_14__0_48_27.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, w00dy said:

I wonder if we will get it for Christmas 🤔

I sure hope so.

Jason said "more info later", but we only heard about the pre-order for "Fortress on the Volga", which sends a strange message.

I'm not allowed to give detailed info, or give a definitive statement,  but I can repeat Jason's remark that it will be soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I'm not allowed to give detailed info, or give a definitive statement,  but I can repeat Jason's remark that it will be soon.

I know, I was just teasing ;) I'm sure you are as impatient as we are. Looking forward to it! :) 

Purchased! - and I heard there was a game trailer - but it's not at 1C/YouTube yet....:cool:

Edited by gn728

Shamrock made it - I just pm’d him to ask about the link. Might have to wait until the devs post it.

• Thanks 1

Got it Gambit, first mission tonight! Congrats on getting it made and 'officially' in the game. :good:

Cheers.

Survived the first mission....some holes...well more than some...😐... but made it back.....one question are custom skins locked?  not a big deal...just curious.... but an excellent job.  looking forward to flying the rest of the missions....S!

Edited by 216th_Cathaoir
  • Upvote 1

Yippee!! Purchased!!

Not sure when I'm going to get to play it, but look forward to playing it in VR.

Gents,

Nice video and I'm now looking forward to Gambit doing a later campaign with a Mossie! However, can we please do something about the front gunner/navigator as he appears to be either touching himself or perhaps he is just simulating something (towards end of vid, 1:42 onwards)!

Anyway Regards

Edited by Haza

In the trailer there's an A20 starting its engines - does that mean you can cold start the mission or is it only for dramaturgic purpose for the movie?

8 minutes ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

In the trailer there's an A20 starting its engines - does that mean you can cold start the mission or is it only for dramaturgic purpose for the movie?

Trailer is actual game play.

wow! this is pretty nice, since I've thought that this wasn't really possible due to taxi AI limitations. 

This is gonna be a def buy for me :)

4 hours ago, photog95661 said:

Apologies.  Can you recommend an appropriate sub-forum?

Try this one 😉

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Not there either - this isn't a campaign issue but a controller/mapping issue on the user end.

Try the hardware or main forum section.

Good luck photog :)

Edited by Gambit21

5 hours ago, =GB=bobscorpio said:

Cannot find in steam china.:help:

How long can I buy it in steam china? when ...

If I understood correctly, you can link your Steam account to IL-2 and purchase it from the website here. But it's best if someone who actually did it can confirm.

See this link: 

My advice: never buy from Steam if you can avoid it, if you buy directly from the website the publishers usually have a greater share of the income, and more importantly for you, you are not bound to Steam.

Edited by Redglyph
Post on linking Steam/IL2 accounts
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Gambit, I will buy everything you produce in the future (should you do so). Your mix of campaign missions is such that they should keep every one happy. Once again Bravo Zulu Mein Capitain (or comrade if you prefer).

• Thanks 1

El 15/3/2018 a las 0:56, Gambit21 dijo:

Notas de lanzamiento.

1. La campaña está lista para volar con iconos OFF para una máxima inmersión .

Los puntos de paso están presentes solo para que el líder de vuelo de AI vuele donde se supone que debe hacerlo, en lugar de referencia del jugador.

Águila de plomo creció en el área y lo que sabe bien, por esta razón, puede notarse que los puntos de ruta pueden desviarse de la ruta de vuelo simple y básico que se encuentra en el mapa de la misión.

No se preocupe por esto, o informe como error. Es solo que su guía de vuelo va "asiento del pantalón" un poco en su conocimiento y para evitar la mayoría de los combatientes enemigos en el área.

Tu referencia es tu guía de vuelo, síguelo y sigue sus instrucciones.

Si se pierde o se necesita ayuda, entonces, por un momento, oprima por un momento, pero si se tiene en cuenta el resultado máximo de esta campaña con Íconos desactivados.

Los íconos te dan "spoilers" en cuanto a lo que viene, etc.

2. Notar que la carga de su bomba a veces es diferente al resto del vuelo.

Esto se debe a que AI solo ejecutará los ataques de inmersión / bajo nivel con una carga externa. Por lo tanto, debido a la naturaleza de esta campaña, siempre hay bombas óptimas, incluso si el ideal (y su aeronave) está equipado con bombas internas.

3. La lógica de la misión se basa en el liderazgo de vuelo, y la sincronización, etc., se dispara de acuerdo con su aeronave.

Si por alguna razón se estrella durante un ataque, la lógica de la misión no progresará correctamente. No habrá un mensaje de "formateo, vamos a casa", etc.

Esto nunca sucedió durante las pruebas, pero con la inteligencia artificial en constante desarrollo y con tantas misiones en la actualidad, existe la posibilidad de que esto suceda.

Algunos de ustedes en algún momento . Si es así, informe aquí.

Si esto ocurre, simplemente puede ignorar, volar de regreso a la base por su cuenta y avanzar a la siguiente misión, o volver a volar. \

Finalmente - ¡disfruta!

Atentamente

Gambit21

Havoc_Campaign_Promo_Image_1.jpg

No download Link?

thx

On 3/14/2018 at 7:56 PM, Gambit21 said:

Release notes.

1. The campaign is designed to be flown with Icons OFF for maximum immersion .

Way-points are presented only if the flight leader flies where he's supposed to be, rather than for player reference.

Eagle Lead grew up in the area and knows it well, for this reason you may notice that way-points might deviate slightly from the basic, simple flight route out on the mission map.

Do not worry about this, or report as a bug. It's just your flight to "seat of the pants" based on your knowledge and to avoid most of the enemy fighters in the area.

Your reference is your flight lead - follow him and his instructions.

If you get lost or need some help, then by all means flip on the Icons for a moment, but please understand that you will get the most out of this campaign with Icons off.

Icons give you "spoilers" as to what's coming up ahead, etc.

2. You'll notice that your bomb load-out is sometimes different than the rest of the flight.

This is because AI will only execute dive / low level attacks with an external load. Therefore because of the nature of this campaign, they will always have external bombs, even if the ideal (and your aircraft) is outfitted with internal bombs.

3. Mission logic is based on the flight lead, and timing etc is triggered according to his aircraft.

If for some reason I have crashes during an attack, mission logic will not progress properly. There will be no "form up, let's go home" message etc.

This never happened during testing, but with the AI under constant development, and with so many playing the missions now, the possibility exists of this happening to

some of you at some point. (Maybe logic changes temporarily with a build and the AI crash into low hills for instance) If so, please report here.

If this happens you can simply ignore, fly back to base on your own and progress to the next mission, or re-fly.

Finally - enjoy!

Best regards

Gambit21

Havoc_Campaign_Promo_Image_1.jpg

This campaign is a work of art