Gambit21

Havoc Over the Kuban - RELEASED

On 7/14/2020 at 10:49 AM, HotPursuit said:

Unfortunately I have the exact same problem.

Mission 05 "Dawn Patrol".

The game freezes about 30 seconds after getting the "two minutes" message, after the attack on the vehicles. The A20 engine sound still plays.

My plane is usually in grid 1330 with no particular action happening at the time. I did record a track when the game froze but it wont play back at all.

I have to open the Task Manager to shut the game down. This ONLY ever happens with this particular campaign; never with any other off-line content or online play.

i9-9900KS @ 5.00GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, MB Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB 3200 C16 DDR4 RAM, Samsung SSD 970 Pro 1TB

I dont use VR.

Thanks for this excellent campaign. A pity I am stuck at this point. I hope a solution can be found.

EDIT:

Managed to complete this mission today without having the game freeze.

I can't be certain why it ran successfully this time but I can tell you I was using the latest game version (4.008c) and it was running in Mods Off mode.

All the Mods had been uninstalled with the JSGME too.

I hope this helps someone.

Exactly what happened to me today with the latest version of the game.

This campaign is absolutely gorgeous. I really love it.

There are some issues but if devs can fix it it would be nice.

Anyway, in missions dawn patrol and previous one, the player is #3 and #4. However, it’s suppose to be on the #2 position IOT take off even if the briefing says you are #3 and you can see another plane with #2 on it. 

• Upvote 1

I’m having the same issue the game freezes at the 2 minute warning in the 4th mission dawn patrol.

That’s it.

I’ll try to bail out after bombs release and on the allied side.

• Upvote 1

You don't even have to bail on the allied side - I was hung up there too and just ditched as soon as I saw the 2 minute warning and the campaign advanced

• Upvote 1

It one of the best campaigns I’ve played. At the 2 minute warning I’m bailing!

Ok, so this method is verified. Good to know

On 7/26/2020 at 9:50 PM, Gambit21 said:

Bug with the game, not the campaign as reported above. The Devs will fix but I don’t know when - I just know they’ll do it as time allows. 

PLEASE STOP REPORTING TAXI COLLISIONS IN THIS THREAD 

It’s been reported.

Out of my control.

It's true that it is a bug but, forgive my bluntness, as a player who bought the campaign we really don't care if something is a bug or just bad mission creation - What we care about is playability and nothing else.

As this has been a long standing bug with no ETA for a fix, I hope you can reconsider as it seems you easily can fix this (and restore playability) by adjusting the timer for when the lead taxis out 20 seconds or so instead of hiding behind "a bug". Thanks.

For the rest of you who have a problem with taxi collisions, wait with starting your engines a minute, that will delay when the lead aircraft start to taxi and he will subsequently NOT crash into the others.

Ps. Good campaign otherwise!

Edited by frosen

1 hour ago, frosen said:

It's true that it is a bug but, forgive my bluntness, as a player who bought the campaign we really don't care if something is a bug or just bad mission creation - What we care about is playability and nothing else.

Or course

1 hour ago, frosen said:

As this has been a long standing bug with no ETA for a fix, I hope you can reconsider as it seems you easily can fix this (and restore playability) by adjusting the timer for when the lead taxis out 20 seconds or so instead of hiding behind "a bug". Thanks.

While I don't appreciate the "hiding" remark (let's see you produce this type of content and see how much bandwidth you have) it's nevertheless not an unreasonable polite request.

However if I report a matter of a simple under the hood error to the Devs that breaks an otherwise correctly constructed and previously bug-free mission, then I normally expect the fix to happen on their end.

My resources to backtrack like this and adjust/test/adjust/test are limited to say the least. That said I'll take a look this week.

22 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Or course

While I don't appreciate the "hiding" remark (let's see you produce this type of content and see how much bandwidth you have) it's nevertheless not an unreasonable polite request.

However if I report a matter of a simple under the hood error to the Devs that breaks an otherwise correctly constructed and previously bug-free mission, then I normally expect the fix to happen on their end.

My resources to backtrack like this and adjust/test/adjust/test are limited to say the least. That said I'll take a look this week.

Thanks! Yes, that remark was a little offensive. I understand that this is not 100% under your control and I totally agree with you about the bug-reporting and in the end it's their product (that you sold to them) and they are responsible for it by selling it to us.

This was a very good campaign and I thank you for it (and everything else you bring to this community). But with at least 2 3 serious bugs (haven't started the last mission yet) in a paid campaign, raises some questions (for me at least) about the QA process by 1C-777.

Edited by frosen
started the last mission but the game "froze" like M5.

They do a fantastic job - they’re just overwhelmed. They have a brutal schedule and deadlines to keep. 

We’ll solve it one way or the other. 

I’ll take a look like I said. 

• Thanks 2