Gambit21

Havoc Over the Kuban - RELEASED

On 4/16/2018 at 12:03 PM, Thad said:

itz, don't be a hero...get down.

Fritz...get down...

FRITZ!!!!!

Fritz was a brave man, Not a SMART man....but a brave one. I really have to get Kuban. I want that A-20. Been waiting for it to go on Steam so I can use my gift card, but it doesn't look as though it's gonna happen any time soon. 

It's a ton of fun Pooch..great map and plane set.

2018_5_16__1_17_58.jpg

• Like 2

I second Gambit’s remark, BOK is loads of fun and I too am eagerly waiting for his A-20 campaign.  The developers and testers for this sim need a huge “KUDOS” from

all of us!  WELL

DONE

Working hard to Falcon...getting there. :)

A flight of A-20's out of Adler low and behind the lines in route to attack enemy supply lines.

Ingress.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

OHH SHHHiiiiii

I love these little moments, moving the camera around while testing.

This guy's position was just strafed...he looks pretty casual about it all things considered...

2018_6_2__1_41_48.jpg

Making the final passes on the last few missions this weekend, then testers should have all 16 in hand very soon.

2018_5_31__20_25_44.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am having a lot of fun testing these missions.Flying the A-20 on missions over the Kuban is about as much fun as you can have , while sitting in front of a computer with VR Goggles on.Here are a few shots from a missionwhich features a medium length flight through the mountains in formation...though I have to admit some of my squadron mates show shocking formation discipline ; like they've been drinking a bit too much of the antifreeze from the stores...

( though this is using the Kuban map , one can easily imagine this to be a flight in Burma or even the Hump. one or two of the earlier isssions could easily be imagined as Truk or Rabaul in the Pacific...)

2018_6_2__15_11_23.jpg

2018_6_2__15_11_36.jpg

2018_6_2__15_13_13.jpg

2018_6_2__15_14_24.jpg

2018_6_2__15_15_36.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
Take out a few words

Thanks Mesha,

Yes the AI formation logic is frustrating...I want it dealt with before I release this thing.

I'm putting the final touches on mission 16 logic right now, then I need to put the finishing touches on briefings and maybe maps, and compile

into campaign format, with images for each mission etc rather than individual missions.

How quickly things move once those things and testing are complete is largely out of my control.

I'm 99.999% done, but the date of the final release will be up to Jason.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I'm putting the final touches on mission 16 logic right now, then I need to put the finishing touches on briefings and maybe maps, and compile

into campaign format, with images for each mission etc rather than individual missions.

How quickly things move once those things and testing are complete is largely out of my control.

I'm 99.999% done, but the date of the final release will be up to Jason.

Sounds great! Looking forward to it!

7 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

It will be a payware campaign.

For the amount of effort you've put into this I'll gladly pay. Looking forward to it. :salute:

8 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

For the amount of effort you've put into this I'll gladly pay. Looking forward to it. :salute:

+1 

Thanks for your effort , a A 20 campaign is really something I will buy

Niiiiiice. I've been lurking about this for a while. 

Really looking forward to having a campaign that utilizes more of the Kuban map.

Will buy as soon as it is released. 

5 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Niiiiiice. I've been lurking about this for a while. 

Really looking forward to having a campaign that utilizes more of the Kuban map.

Will buy as soon as it is released. 

Same here.  Thanks Gambit:)

Looks interesting.....compelling.....addictive.....and so on.  Would like to see this available ASAP!

Can't wait for this campaign, I know it's been with the Testers a couple of weeks now any news of a release date?

I'm sure the testers are going as quickly as they can, but then Gambit has to fix things that pop up and have it retested.  So I'm sure it will be awesome when it's done.... good things come to those who wait............... patiently...... LOL...

Cheers

Hoss

In testing still Bombzey, it will take a little bit as testers have lives, work, "spousal units" as Hoss would say, etc.

Then when testing is done I'll pass it on to Jason and a few translations will have to be created (briefings)

I'm not sure how long that will take...so like Hoss says, just a little patience.  :)

I'll have to be patient as well I'm sure at that stage.

I think you'll find it worth the wait.

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers guys for the updates,

The patient and respect for the fantastic work this community does is always there :salute:

Just sometimes you have to give things a little wiggle and see what pops out :biggrin:

Bombzey

This topic has me recalling an old poster that featured two vultures sitting on a tree limb in the desert.  The caption read, "Patience my a_ _, I want to kill something."  Not too much longer I hope.

I'm reminded of the kitten hanging from the door frame...................  "Hang in there baby".................   maybe we should get Gambit and the testers one of these......

Cheers

Hoss

A-Round-Tuit2.JPG

• Haha 2

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Please don't tell my wife that those have hit the market.

Reworking a mountain mission after some feedback from a tester (thanks Hoss)

Look like a more reasonable target location Hoss?

Those mountain divisions did scale peaks like in the original, but AI won't attack properly in such locations unfortunately. :(

Gotta work around the AI idiosyncrasies....of which there are many.

2018_7_25__2_34_27.jpg

That looks perfect..............  have you tried the surprise guests to the party yet?................ 

Hoss

If you mean AI A-20’s attacking the Ju-52’s so far no luck.

At the moment I am doing some research on the fighting in the Caucasus in 1942 for one of my projects (don't worry it's not a A-20 campaign). I am having some trouble to find information when the first A-20s arrived in the area. Gambit, have you found any information on this topic.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

At the moment I am doing some research on the fighting in the Caucasus in 1942 for one of my projects (don't worry it's not a A-20 campaign). I am having some trouble to find information when the first A-20s arrived in the area. Gambit, have you found any information on this topic.

June of 42 as far as entering service I believe, as far as the Caucus region I have no idea.

I took a bit of artistic license in that department. 

Also looking forward to that one :)  Hate to hear though that the AI gives mission designers a hard life.

And I hope that all those AI workarounds don't prevent the devs from upgrading the AI in the future for not rendering all the old campaigns useless...

Basically done with testing.

Going to hang on to it for a few more days and look over briefings/make sure I don't want to make any last minute changes...then I'll turn it over to the Devs.

At that point some translations will take place.

Getting there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, claw said:

Looking forward to this campaign!

Me too!................... 😉

Hoss

I might have considered trying this campaign, but after hearing that it will be a paid campaign... nah.  

I paid for all of black6 campaigns to support the devs but i cant see reasons for this one.  

• Confused 3