Gambit21

HAVOC OVER THE CAUCASUS - A-20 Scripted Campaign

17 minutes ago, sinned said:

I might have considered trying this campaign, but after hearing that it will be a paid campaign... nah.  

I paid for all of black6 campaigns to support the devs but i cant see reasons for this one.  

Rhut-rho:popcorm: looking up definition of polemics.

2 hours ago, sinned said:

I might have considered trying this campaign, but after hearing that it will be a paid campaign... nah.  

I paid for all of black6 campaigns to support the devs but i cant see reasons for this one.  

A good scripted campaign takes 300+ hours of work. 

If Gambit sells it it will be official and on the store page as a commercial release - meaning that it will be "helping support" the devs dude. 

I don't even fly the A-20 but I'd buy it. I view my contribution to be 1 step forward towards a StuG III G collector tank lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Thanks...but damn... I wish 300!

My wife keeps saying close to 1000, and if I stop and think about it, average 3 hours a day (some days I'll spend 12 hours, some days 3, a day off here and there)

But figuring 3 hours average over a year...and yeah it took me a year to build this thing...yeah that's pushing 1000 or higher.

Damn.  Blame not having the A-20 for some months and building over half of it with the Pe-2, then going back and changing the AC, adjusting things, tons of testing,  some longer ingress times, a few re-works of missions to mitigate AI issues...more testing and adjusting to mitigate AI issues, on and on.

So there's no scenario where from a dollars and cents standpoint, this endeavor actually pencils out. In the end I make a little something, which is more than I make watching TV, and just tell myself I enjoy it. Which I do...most of the time. So a few bucks for the effort is fine. My main goal is to add to the product and give you guys a compelling campaign to fly...then another, and oh yeah...stay married.

Like I told Jason, if I was a single guy I'd probably not even worry about compensation at all. Fact is, I'm married, I get the sideways looks, the "on the computer AGAIN?" remarks,  and all those hours are hours I'm not doing other things with HER. To be fair, they're also hours I'm not spending doing freelance work or otherwise making supplementary income.  So as the household CFO I need to show her something for the effort in the end. That's my reality.

My other reality...I haven't actually flown in 2 years.

I need to change that.

The Jug campaign should go much quicker for several reasons. Still hundreds of hours, but I think I can cut the build time in half at least, and that's including custom radio calls.

I also have another treat in store for release of BP, but keeping that under wraps for the moment.

All that said, feedback from testers was very good, exactly what I'd hoped for (sorry Sinned)... and the campaign is in the hands of the devs now. :)

Work on logic for the P-47 campaign and the other item I mentioned are well underway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

Yeah AT LEAST 300 hours is what I mean't... so if there is a standard 15 missions that equates to 20 hours a mission.

And yeah man, take a break and just fly for the joy of flying. If you work non-stop you will forget why you are doing what you're doing! I recently took a month off from ALL gaming. Feels good coming back to flying, shooting and racing. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I should take a breather...brain is always spinning.

I end up writing mission logic while laying in bed.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Yeah I should take a breather...brain is always spinning.

I end up writing mission logic while laying in bed.

That's not logical. Get to sleep. 🙂

I know what you mean though. I keep trying to figure things out in any mission I'm working on. I've even dreamed of solutions. So it's not all bad. :salute:

Edited by Thad

3 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

snip Quote - "Fact is, I'm married, I get the sideways looks, the "on the computer AGAIN?" remarks".  

OH -BOY! do I ever know THAT remark!! :good:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sinned said:

Yeah , that remark made me opt for 5 giveaways on top of my own . Sinned I do not mind straight forward talk . But sometime you got to ask yourself while writing, "am I better off not posting this?" 

I personally should have on several occasions, but this remark of yours are mean and well, for all others a not to need to know

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'll definately buy a license. I enjoyed your free campaigns much too much to pass on this one!

On 8/25/2018 at 6:31 PM, FurphyForum said:

snip Quote - "Fact is, I'm married, I get the sideways looks, the "on the computer AGAIN?" remarks".  

OH -BOY! do I ever know THAT remark!! :good:

You don't want to know what my wife calls you guys.......... but I've been running that flak storm for 18 years now.....

Cheers

Hoss

Sorry if I'm a bit out of the loop, but do we have an estimated release date? I'm loving the A-20 and this campaign looks great!

I believe Gambit said it's in Jason's hands now, so when they get done with it, we should see it.  Maybe I should send Jason and crew a Round Tuit. 

Cheers

Hoss