Jason_Williams

Game version 3.001 discussion: Final Release of the Battle of Kuban

great work, it is normal that there are mistakes but I think you have to have a little patience.
They are waiting for the bodenplate

I hope Jason shouted the boys a pizza and beers night or something. :-) 

My computer's out of action and I probably won't get a new one until HD VR HMD's arrive, maybe in a year or so, but I'll keep buying everything to support the efforts these guys are making. FN & G6 now the hangar. Living vicariously through everyone's reports and YouTube channels. Lucky  buggars. ~

Great News!  I have oredered within a days after the first annonucement 1,5 year ago.

I'm missing the promised "revamped" multiple monitors in the list of features!

IL2 is my favourite!!  but  DCS, Xplane11 handle 3 monitors....

Multimonitor suppoert would be really cool.

btw. I have the problem of single flickering textures, especially trees in the woods flicker, notall, just some.

Edited by Herz_aus_Stahl

Still loving the update, but MP is still a bit of a struggle. Dont know if it's because of the update or server side, but it would be cool to hear from the devs about these bugs and the ones the SP folks are seeing. For a small team, these guys kick ass. I'm sure they're working on stuff as we speak, but I'd sure love to see some of that classic 777/1CGS transparency right now. ;)

Can you let us know anything Jason? :)

I appreciate it a lot, too. Though I still can't appreciate the missing hint BEFORE buying a collector plane that one can't use it in the campaign mode. Still. At least not in BoS and BoM - while making sense for the latter, since it wasn't officially introduced back then yet, it doesn't make sense for BoS, for in Apr 1943 the Yak-1b was available. Maybe I also have to buy BoK? But I had not bought the Yak-1b (Fw-190) I I had known this before. Utterly useless to me now, which I had to find out the hard way when the money was already wasted. Only usable in quick missions and MPs, which I don't play. Not awesome at all.

All of the reports of problems caused me to jump into BOS to make sure that I DID have 3.001. I'm getting such a smooth running game that I thought, "Of damn, maybe I didn't install it correctly and I'm still running the old one.

I start it up and there it is at the lower right corner of the screen. Version 3.001. Hmmm. Maybe I'm being too easy on my machine, I'm thinking. So I jump intp quick mission. 8 p-40's against 8 Bf 109's. I start the fight over Stalingrad so I have fires and smoke from the ground. 16 planes,  fires and heavy smoke, explosions, AA rounds coming up. Okay, here goes. 

Not so much as a hiccup. I have a four year old AZUS laptop. Nice machine when I got it, still is really. I7 processor, 8 gb RAMM, and 2 GB Nvidia card. Not the most powerful rig, I know. But, I'm running it flawlessly. 

Why? Even though I wasn't having issues I did switch on 4K. Wanted to see what it looked like. I turned off SSAO. I left HDR on. A while back I lowered my res to 1600X 900. I'd had it on 1920 X 1200 (something like that) but found out that the the lesser res is better for my card. So, is that it? I also turned off that cinematic option that causes the blur when you look around. I also run an app called end it all. It turns off all of the programs running in the background. Have you guys tried that? CCleaner, too. Cleans up all of the unnecessary files on your rig. 

It's strange when this happens with some games. Someone has all kinds of problems while the next guy has a great gaming experience. 

Possible incompatibility issues with other programs might be it for some. DLL'S disappearing might be Anti-Viruses seeing them as viruses and deleting them. Maybe try installing with Anti-Virus turned off. 

Anyway, hope everybody gets it worked out. Glad to see no one attacking 1C, though. It's hard to get a game to operate on everybody's system ,of course, because we all have such different setups. They did a great job. It's really enjoyable to just simply fly around and look at the world down there. 

Edited by Poochnboo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, -=[GIAP]=-JG52*ErmarShell* said:

I appreciate it a lot, too. Though I still can't appreciate the missing hint BEFORE buying a collector plane that one can't use it in the campaign mode. Still. At least not in BoS and BoM - while making sense for the latter, since it wasn't officially introduced back then yet, it doesn't make sense for BoS, for in Apr 1943 the Yak-1b was available. Maybe I also have to buy BoK? But I had not bought the Yak-1b (Fw-190) I I had known this before. Utterly useless to me now, which I had to find out the hard way when the money was already wasted. Only usable in quick missions and MPs, which I don't play. Not awesome at all.

This is the very first installment of the career mode.  It's brand new.  The 1C guys have already told us that further improvements are coming, & I'm 100% certain they will add this feature too, once they figure out how to do so.  Try a little patience.

Meanwhile, if you just can't wait to fly your premium planes in a career, check out Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator in these forums, here.  Pretty sure his system already allows this, and it's easy to install & work with, and will give you another offline option.  :salute:

Edited by =FI=Blue2

I loaded and played a non-mp track from 2.012d in 3.001 without an issue.

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

The career mode is flawed.

I have started two careers, after some missions there was an error saving the mission.

The career could not be continued afterwards.

Very annoying after about 60 missions !!!

Error.thumb.jpg.052bcd694eeee68526b01120914e3261.jpg

4 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

I have a four year old AZUS laptop. Nice machine when I got it, still is really. I7 processor, 8 gb RAMM, and 2 GB Nvidia card. Not the most powerful rig, I know. But, I'm running it flawlessly. 

You're probably running the game at 30fps though and not noticing it. We all have different standards.

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2018 at 10:57 AM, sniperton said:

Can anyone please confirm?

-- tracks saved prior to 3.001 cannot be loaded and replayed;

-- in career mode, time compression doesn't speed up anything (it still works in quick missions with the same difficulty settings).

On 3/17/2018 at 4:23 PM, Viking23FalkeAuge said:

I'd like to know if the "old tracks" are salvageable as well. I'm assuming here that obit is referring to what I would call 'flight records' located in a 'Tracks' folder - a subfolder of 'Data'.

If not I'd like to get them off of the drive.

20 hours ago, palamud said:

In addition to not being able to load and replay any tracks recorded prior to 3.001,  tracks recorded in 3.001 in multiplayer also cannot be loaded.

Tracks recorded in quick mission in 3.001 work well.

Viking, yeah we're talking about the same thing.

Support responded to me. This was only about not being able to load old records. They said that the old tracks might not work which I kinda suspected would happen.. They suggested to "Try to delete the *. Msbin file and resave the mission in the editor", but I'm not in front of my gaming box at the moment so I can't confirm. Do at your own risk! I saw some other people post this too so maybe it's common thing when there are updates but I don't know.

I'll update when I'm in front of my computer and try this.

another issue found that could cause Launcher crashes is GeForce Experience beta editions will cause Launcher crashes.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:10 PM, Thunder7 said:

I get 75 FPS with maximum graphics settings, it runs quite smooth in my opinion

Thanks for the reply, may i know your display resolution?

Mine is 2560x1440, I have 72fps initially (50fps in "cloudy" weather), but this drops to about 45 fps after i press "GUI display" button for the first time (or 35fps for "cloudy"). Adding to this some more planes and i got dramatic stutters and often the game slows down to 15-20fps. It is hardly playable, no comparison to previous version - and I cosider my rig pretty adequate...

Very glad to see all the love Ed Heinemann's A-20 is getting!

Before the A-20 he designed the Douglas SBD Dauntless:

300px-Dauntless_bomb_drop.jpg

And after the A-20 he went on to design quite a few more true aviation classics:

The A-26 (B-26):

300px-Douglas_A-26_Invader.JPG

The A-1 Skyraider:

220px-A-1J_Skyraider_VA-176_Vietnam_1966

The A-3 Skywarrior:

300px-EA-3B_VQ-1_in_flight_South_China_S

The A-4 Skyhawk:

300px-A-4E_VA-164_1967.JPEG

The F4D Skyray:

300px-Douglas_F4D-1_Skyray_of_VMF-115_in

...and the first plane to fly faster than Mach 2, the Douglas D-558-2 Skyrocket:

300px-D-558-II-NASA-E-1442.jpg

- An amazing career, spanning so much of aviation history!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

First of all, hats down for all the work that went into this update, it is awesome!

However, if I remember correctly, there was a plan to include a system for putting numbers (markings) on the planes (as was for example in '46) in the Kuban release. Is it one of the features that was postponed due to time constraints? Any ETA when and if we are getting it?

16 hours ago, CSAF-D3adCZE said:

Now after 4th reinstall I have a progress.... now I cannot start the STANDALONE game due to the steam_api64.dll missing, even though it is in the same folder. Great.

Did you figure it out? :)

If not try first to restart your computer, then start the game as administrator by right clicking on your desktop icon and see if the game is running.

Your antivirus might be putting this file in quarantine so check that too and maybe try disabling it a bit as a test.

Checking the integrity of the game files might help too if some file is missing (do it while the antivirus is disabled)

If all of the above couldn't help I'm sure googling your issue will. :P

5 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Did you figure it out? :)

If not try first to restart your computer, then start the game as administrator by right clicking on your desktop icon and see if the game is running.

Your antivirus might be putting this file in quarantine so check that too and maybe try disabling it a bit as a test.

Checking the integrity of the game files might help too if some file is missing (do it while the antivirus is disabled)

If all of the above couldn't help I'm sure googling your issue will. :P

After few days, yes. I cleared registry, reinstalled in different location and steam_api64.dll error was fixed. But the game still refused to read clicks. After few restarts it just started magically working. And it is beautiful. Sorry for ranting here. :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CSAF-D3adCZE said:

And it is beautiful.

It really is! Was flying on winter map yesterday, and I like how it looks now. :)

I was too much occupied trying the new version. A combined tweaking of my Nvidia GTX 1080Ti and the game graphical parameters so as to have the most ultra perfect quality image without considering framerate, just makes for stunning quality images. And the good surprise is that the framerate remains perfect, all is extremely fluid. Considering I am at 4K on a 40" screen it shows how powerful the 1080Ti is, even if helped by a top notch Intel i7 extreme CPU, and 32GB fast ram. Clouds are just as real. Water on the canopy too. No micro-mini-mega stuttering whatsoever. Tested with a furball of 16 planes and just perfect. Sounds seem improved when played with high quality sound gear. The lighting, rendering, transparency, shades all is top class. Some explosions seem to be better too. Sure I have still a lot to discover, just scratched the surface.

So even if a little late I would like to thank Jason and all his development team to have reached such a high level of perfection in this game, and continue to improve it. Many many thanks for all this dedication to satisfy our community.

I have started the career mode, and I find this very well done. I see no issue at least in the career I started, except the "null airfield" issue that was already mentioned in another post.

The only question I would have is regarding the size of the bubble were objects like trees are fully rendered. Can this size be increased by changing a value in the in a parameter file, or is this size hard coded ?

I love the new update. Many thanks to the team!!  I feel guilty even sounding like I have an issue. But I do have a mysterious sound every 20 seconds or so in game like I am taking a hit. It sounds like a bullet hitting my plane even though there is no enemy presence. I thought  maybe it was ground fire but it would seem to often and spaced apart too well. Is anyone else having this issue?

Any chance that we can ADD waypoints in SP in the future?

Often the flight plan goes through heavy AA and there's nothing you can do about it.

Had half of my squad killed in one mission due to bad flight plan. Also you always have to go more or less straight from your airfield to the target which is sometimes boring and historical not correct. Attacking ground targets from unexpected angles for example or faking attacks.

Cheers

I've been playing the new career for a few days now and I have to say that, I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks again.

The Career mode is absolutely Great! I was early 99% multiplayer pilot but now I have played the career mode all the time. Thank you devs, this is a great update! :salute:

Edited by LLv44_Kanttori

I am getting a slight frame freeze when toggling the map and/or the HUD on and off.  Quite annoying.  Also, I am getting clouds that look as if they are rendering at 1 FPS.  System shows a solid 60 fps at any graphic option.

5 minutes ago, CastorTroy said:

I am getting a slight frame freeze when toggling the map and/or the HUD on and off.  Quite annoying.  Also, I am getting clouds that look as if they are rendering at 1 FPS.  System shows a solid 60 fps at any graphic option.

I get the freeze as well, also a long freeze when toggling the server stats in MP.

There's several buggy things happening for some people, a lot in MP. Hopefully we will hear something soon from the devs about addressing some of the issues folks are having. At this point MP is "flyable", but, it's a struggle with these pesky bugs that seam more UI related than anything. The rest of the update is absolutely marvelous for me though.

Hopefully we have not heard anything because they have been busy. :happy:

Hello Jason I’m loving the new render distance and the clouds but these bugs are getting pretty annoying  modifications being locked and getting the gray start button all the time... also when can you guys make a multiplayer entry que so we don’t have to play the lottery trying to get into the servers?  

Thanks

Edited by 1CAG_TeufelHunden
  • Like 1

Agree, Multiplayer waiting list with the time of waiting would be awsome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CG_Justin said:

I get the freeze as well, also a long freeze when toggling the server stats in MP.

There's several buggy things happening for some people, a lot in MP. Hopefully we will hear something soon from the devs about addressing some of the issues folks are having. At this point MP is "flyable", but, it's a struggle with these pesky bugs that seam more UI related than anything. The rest of the update is absolutely marvelous for me though.

Hopefully we have not heard anything because they have been busy. :happy:

Found another issues:

When switch camera to external view on both mine and other planes... first they appear in default skin. And after approx. 1s less or more, they apppear in texture, which player has chosen. Quite annoying.

3 times in a row I got issue with P39 when shooting I lost the sound. And is broken from that point. And I must totaly restart game to repair sound.

Time by time when choosing special ammo , bomb and other settings the plane on the start has something different than I set before. On some MP maps for the firts click it writes that such armo is not possible, on second click is alreay available.... weird.

Good news, and very good job my friends.
 .Michel.

Shane

I'm very new to this and only have tried a few quick missions so far (still waiting for the throttle and pedals), but reading all the reports about gfx issues and low fps has me wondering. I constantly get max fps (144fps that is with G Sync on) with ultra settings and everything maxed out. Am I missing something ?

I am like some others also getting random stuttering and fps drops that I did not have in the previous version. Would be great to see some attention given to multiplayer as well

Loved the new update. Aside small bugs that hopefully will be ironed out in due time, the game is awesome. Running it smoothly around the 60ish fps  (with occasional drops to 45s) mark in high (tweaked) graphics settings with my low/mid rig (i5 4590, 16 GB RAM and R9 270x w/ 2 GB VRAM) even in career mode. The draw distance gave another feel 

As I suspected from the beginning, the A-20 became my favorite, it is a joy to fly, fast, nimble and powerful and nicely done overall.

Congrats, devs! This update was a huge achievement and a major milestone!

I already love the new career mode. I just started a Yak career in Kuban. While I do like the expensive movie style cutscenes from Moscow and Stalingrad, I really like the new style with the battle map and the narrator. The narrator is actually quite good.

for La-5FN apparently a mistake on antenna mast , not sloped .

Edited by sport02

1 hour ago, sport02 said:

for La-5FN apparently a mistake on antenna mast , not sloped .

Initial series retained the straight mast. Sloped was introduced later.

as already said by a player , the view in high altitude is great

also when I see the good look of the second virtual pilote next to me in the ju52 , it seems to me that it's could easily made for my place .

Edited by sport02