Jason_Williams

Game version 3.001 discussion: Final Release of the Battle of Kuban

6 minutes ago, 3.IAP_Vasilij said:

Try to decrease the quality of clouds. Visually they remain the same but adds to your performance.

Reduce the distance to 100km, it will help also, and it is enough.

if using monitor: Switch ON 4k textures, and Vsync ON, and Fullscreen off.

more will advice others.

Ok but they all seem like graphics things. I have a solid 60 FPS but a slow in game speed. I think it is due to the amount of AI. I mean 10 Pe-2 and all the enemies. I will set the front line density to scattered and see if that works.

1 hour ago, Madcop said:

Thank you for the tip. In the FAQ they say I can install it "Where I want...". Does this mean that I am not obliged to install it in my (SSD) C/Program Files(x86) but e.g; in

C/Users/Admin/Documents ?

And now, once the game download is installed in my C (SSD) how am I supposed to install my BOS-BOM-BOK,  collector aircrafts and campaigns...that I already have on my HDD install ?

Is the Launcher going to recognize me and install them for me on my new game ?

Hi Madcop,

You can install the program where you want but I normally would install it in " program files." This is my install for example ("F:\Program Files\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad) With regards to collector aircraft they are bound to your account as well as any additional campaigns you may have purchased. If you have installed custom campaigns, then you would need to back these up along with any custom skins and your input folder.

When you install the program and log in with your credentials anything you have purchased will be available.

Hope this helps?    

41 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

Ok I am writing about the markings that in flight did mark the planes and the ground objects!  I know most of you have eagle sight, I do not I need help to see how is how from far away.

if this is not possible anymore?! If now one need / eyesight. Then it is not a game anymore and I shall ask you to before people buy it to advice it! And I shall maybe stop to try to play it because my eyesight is no perfect, sorry but before I enjoyed it and now not anymore. But I like to fly and to it correctly even if I have this handicap that do bother your intellect when I ask where an old possibility in the game is not found anymore?! Sorryif I did bother you with my not reasonable demands. :salute: bye!

Do not answer no need....

Please enable normal or custom difficulty mode with markers. Additionally enable HUD and Icons to see them inflight. Works like a charm for me.

Can anyone please confirm?

-- tracks saved prior to 3.001 cannot be loaded and replayed;

I'm trying to find out if old tracks work too. I was looking forward to loading some of my old records with the new visual improvements (at least so I can view my tracks where I didn't fail miserably which is often the case!) . I noticed in the forum that one of the older 2.x updates could not work with older tracks. I'm fine if that's also the case with 3.001, but I haven't seen anything in the release notes about it, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's planned.

Whenever I try load an old track I get the error in the screenshot. I filed a support ticket since I can't find any info anywhere (sorry to bother you, support).

(Sidenote - I LOVE this sim and love it even more now. Your team deserves every dollar spent and I can't wait for BoBP).

IL-2__Sturmovik__Battle_of_Stalingrad_Screenshot_2018_03.14_-_15_48_29_69.thumb.png.2206a0becf848ed9825d38769f9cbc27.png

1 hour ago, Madcop said:

If I have it clear I just have to copy/paste or Cut/copy my E (HDD) / Program files(x86)/1C Game Studios/ IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad(27.8Gb) in my newly created folder in C(SSD) /

I then have to change or create from the "new" bin/game, new Desktop shortcuts for the Il-2 Exe and Launcher Exe?

Is that as simple as that.? Anything other to do ?

May I also keep my HDD install ?

Thank you very much for your time .

Madcop :biggrin:

Yes - my install is D:/1C Game Studios (C:/ has W10 on it)

Yes to shortcuts

Nothing else to do apart from the usual checking everything works ok and making sure that any profiles point to the right place if you use them for joysticks or whatever

Yes you can keep the other install

As an aside, I tried a fresh install yesterday but noticed no difference in fps over my original install

von Tom

Tag777 says :

" Finally, last night I have tested the update. So far so good. No problems at login, fps similar to previous version (70-90). The improved horizont looks great! Almost no haze (a tiny line in the horizont but that's all). Little microstutters at the start of the mission in QMB but I had these also in 2.001. No problem in multiplayer, except that all the servers show 0 for ping value. Some of the add ons for the planes blocked but that may be the servers settings. :biggrin: "

imagine you are in air at 2000 or 3000 meters you can see up to 60 70km or more I d' ont know exactly , also It's normal to have not the same visibilty on the horizon when you are on the floor where the maximum visiblity is 30 or 40 kms .

Edited by sport02

Amazing!

Beautiful work!

Absolutely magical atmospherics! And the aircraft, the effects, the soundtrack, the details!!!

(I know it's not new to this version but I was particularly impressed when I first noticed the shell casings falling out behind my bird in replay).

As a professional advertising photographer of over 30 years I have learned to appreciate the interplay of light and shadow.

Your work is truly stunning, hypnotic, addictive! 

Just flying around Mother Russia in the early morning or late afternoon light is such a joy.

Easy to see why she has been fought over so often . . . is she really so beautiful?

Congratulations on your work of art and thank you for a magnificent learning experience.

I have a much better appreciation of the "thrill of victory - the agony of defeat" . . . the joy, terror, and confusion of war that our parents, grandparents, great grandparents must have experienced. My understanding of the events and empathy with its participants has grown tenfold. At least.

As a young man I imagined myself as a fighter pilot . . . but being this close to a first hand experience of a dogfight  . . .

If this sim is any indicator - it would have been a short career.

I'm thankful I can do so - sitting in front of a monitor (I don't know if I could handle VR)!

The air war over Russia has been magically captured.

A taste of the adrenaline rush . . .

A glorious tribute to the men and their machines.

Thanks. I'm in.

I'm telling my friends.

I've bought (almost) everything your selling (Anxiously awaiting Bodenplatte and Kursk)!

Your Mother must be proud!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Hotfix is normal after each update!

I hope all issues are addressed in the right forum section, i don't think devs read every post scattered in hundred threads.

54 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Hi Madcop,

You can install the program where you want but I normally would install it in " program files." This is my install for example ("F:\Program Files\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad) With regards to collector aircraft they are bound to your account as well as any additional campaigns you may have purchased. If you have installed custom campaigns, then you would need to back these up along with any custom skins and your input folder.

When you install the program and log in with your credentials anything you have purchased will be available.

Hope this helps?    

Yes Custard, it helps indeed, but tell me , when do I have to log in. Is it the Launcher who is going to ask me , and then update the game with all the paid add-ons I already bought ?

I understand also that I have to save my Input Folder, as well as my Graphic/skins folder, and Third Party Scripted campaigns. The BOS paid ones will be reinstalled with the new installation.

Sorry to be a pain ....

Madcop  :huh:

39 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

Yes - my install is D:/1C Game Studios (C:/ has W10 on it)

Yes to shortcuts

Nothing else to do apart from the usual checking everything works ok and making sure that any profiles point to the right place if you use them for joysticks or whatever

Yes you can keep the other install

As an aside, I tried a fresh install yesterday but noticed no difference in fps over my original install

von Tom

O.K. I'll try your solution (Cut/Paste or Copy/paste , or the one from Custard (New fresh install). I still have to decide...and I'll keep you and Custard posted.

Anyway big thanks to you both for your time and help.

Madcop :biggrin:

By the way isn't it a dedicated thread for this kind of problem ?

16 minutes ago, Viking23FalkeAuge said:

(I don't know if I could handle VR)!

I would buy VR for everyone if I had enough money for that. Bcs, believe me: you must try...

MiG-3 appears to be fixed.  Take-off and landing on first try.  Still pretty exciting but much, much better than it was before this patch.

You know it's good when your biggest problem with a massive update like this is deciding which of several planes you want to concentrate on first!

11 minutes ago, Madcop said:

when do I have to log in. Is it the Launcher who is going to ask me , and then update the game with all the paid add-ons I already bought ?

You download from here https://il2sturmovik.com/download/

From the launcher it will take you here ~

H9J8RxI.png

You login from this screen.

Once logged in with your email and password all your purchases will be locked to your account.

Hope that helps you get started :salute:

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard

4 minutes ago, 3.IAP_Vasilij said:

I would buy VR for everyone if I had enough money for that. Bcs, believe me: you must try...

Although somewhat better now with this release clarity issues diminish the effects a bit...still it is almost impossible to go back to monitor only after you've got VR..( I have Oculus & am amazed each time I strap those goggles on!)

277_4868_ucp.jpg

So I got the campaign running at a good speed and now I have that horrible blur when looking at something against a cloud!! Is it Horrible HELP?

How do I launch a sever?

I put in all my parameters but when I try to launch it; the pages resets to the selection page of 'Co-Op' and 'Dogfight'. My server is also not on the list either.

Edited by 8./SG1_SPEKTRE76

19 minutes ago, czech693 said:

MiG-3 appears to be fixed.  Take-off and landing on first try.  Still pretty exciting but much, much better than it was before this patch.

Nothing was changed with the MiG-3.

Any idea why people can't be seen when joining my client-hosted DF server? I can't seith them either... (it's a simple DF mission with 2 AFs)

Love the career and graphics improvements. Great stuff! Round of applause for the dev team :salute:

18 hours ago, Falcon41 said:

Haashashin,

I've tried to open my older mission files but received an error message in the mission editor.  How do you open an old mission and modify it to be compatible with the new update?

Haashashin,

Thanks for the information on modifying older mission files.  I did as you suggested and now I can play these old missions as well as the new campaign features of the latest update.  This sim is just TOOOOO MUCH!

Awesome update!. The rain is amazing in the effect on the plane.

Maybe an issue?

1-. if one looks at a plane with the nav lights it is ok. But when zooming in at some point they turn off.

2-. I can´t  turn off the gps in the map. Before the update, it was possible to turn off the compass on the screen and the gps-plane in the map. Now you can only turn off the screen compass.

Edited by Walter_Nowotny
Add few words

hi all, 

anyone been having the same problem with career mode as me?

tried both a german bomber and soviet fighter career in moscow campaign, everytime i try to load a mission it crashes me to the main menu screen and shows "automission failed to load" 

if anyones had the same issue please let me know if you found a way around it

also a note, the A-20 seems to shake massivly in the pilot cockpit at speeds of 200km/h for some strange reason. seems to be a minor bug because theres no shaking in the gunner positions and the aircraft is flying smoothly

otherwise an amazing update!!! 

3 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

You download from here https://il2sturmovik.com/download/

From the launcher it will take you here ~

You login from this screen.

Once logged in with your email and password all your purchases will be locked to your account.

Hope that helps you get started :salute:

THANKS  it SURE did !:happy:

Now I am cool :cool: and ready to go.

I'll keep you posted.

14 minutes ago, Kiwi92 said:

hi all, 

anyone been having the same problem with career mode as me?

tried both a german bomber and soviet fighter career in moscow campaign, everytime i try to load a mission it crashes me to the main menu screen and shows "automission failed to load" 

if anyones had the same issue please let me know if you found a way around it

also a note, the A-20 seems to shake massivly in the pilot cockpit at speeds of 200km/h for some strange reason. seems to be a minor bug because theres no shaking in the gunner positions and the aircraft is flying smoothly

otherwise an amazing update!!! 

You need to close the inlet cowls, they're the ones on top of the engine. Disturbs the airflow over the elevators. You can see them shake in external view. 

"54.  The issue with He-111 engines having different initial throttle control positions after starting a mission in the air has been fixed;"

Thank You devs for addressing this issue!!! This was a serious AI issue hindering my work. :salute:

To Jason and all concerned. Outstanding job! This is the best piece of software I have had the pleasure to fly. The maps are beyond what I could have imagined, Stalingrad is like a "new" map. Flying the P-39 in bare metal made me want to enlist. Needless to say I bought Bodenplatte and several planes. Many thanks.

Others asking about the plane icon still showing on the map in Expert mode which appears to be a minor bug. Run in Custom mode instead and just make sure the objects checkbox is unticked.

Love the update, love the rain effect, It came as a big LOL moment because I jumped in and flew before reading......ok so we never grow up, just wanna play. Great job, got stutter when viewing aircraft from my cockpit, will fiddle a bit as per the other post but yes, happy to give the devs time to patch it, big thank you to the team, just had to get the G6, for test purposes you understand ha ha

No problems whatsoever. Smoother framerates in VR with a horizon that’s farther away, magic! 

I am also having an issue with career mode. It seems when trying to run a career in say an IL2 on Typhoon, it wont let you fly. My pilots name is not highlighted orange but is the same as the AI and instead of start mission its proceed. The ones i have managed to start are great :D

20180317142114_1.jpg

20180317142124_1.jpg

20180317142146_1.jpg

Having invested several hours with the updated game I have mixed results. Experiencing a lot of stutter and micro stutters. The game skips every time I turn the HUD or Map on or off. The only relatively smooth experience I have had is in my PWCG campaign. The new career stutters significantly and is generally not a smooth experience. I have the activity on scattered and cant find any other settings to reduce what's going on. The AI was interesting during one career mission when we returned from an intercept the field came under attack by one Rata. One of my mates landed immediately, another started dog fighting with his wheels and flaps down and the third flew around a while and then when he had position on the rata dropped his wheels and proceeded to land.

The new distance is very nice as are many of the other new features. Very nice progress on many levels.   

I have tried all the recommendations I've seen to get the game to run smooth like it did before the update. As many have reported, my fps is rock solid at 60 (Vsync on in game) including when the game stutters and skips. Even reduced the distance to lowest but didn't see any real difference.

Recognizing how big this update is some performance issues were bound to occur. I am confident the devs will be able to quickly tweak or optimize things to take care of the performance issues. Until then I will be patient. 

Thanks for all the amazing work done!

Cool down loading,

Trim on the slider yet?

I sure hope so it is the only thing that keeps me playing the other flight sims.

I want my thumb rotary to turn the trim wheel in the cockpit, even if the software slows it down a bit to keep from using it as an advantage during turn fighting.

I have it banned as of right now, just so I don't have to use the keyboard but it is still very clunky compared to other simulations.

My Thanks to BDS Prody who mentioned the 4k textures, I had the problem, mainly with the P-39 & BF110, IMHO could be the greater size of cockpit frames, that don't help much, but I reduced the distance viewable by 1 set, and clicked 4k Textures, thats certianly better for me. I'm sure the dev's are working on it, but thoroughly enjoying their efforts, thank you 

On 15/03/2018 at 4:53 PM, [DBS]Prody said:

yes, for some reason enabling 4K textures got rid of all the stuttering , im sure devs will find the reason

On 3/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, Jason_Williams said:

It was always in the plan. Lack of time. Sorry Det no custom squads.

Jason

Thanks for the answer, mate.

Any chance that'll be added in the future via a patch or possibly Bodenplatte?