2 minutes ago, sinned said:

My steam is now downloading. 

my non-steam launcher not....

There you have your update.

4PM GMT, nothing earlier.

Sit back and have coffee, like me.

Cheers!

Mike

Like last time, these things take a little longer than expected.

4pm it is. But i'd imagine it might go on longer.

Wait Up-Wait Up. I think the DEVS should prioritize the download so that our faraway pilots like in Turdville, Tasmania and

Bumfuk, Egypt get first crack at 3.01 and then by distance from the server for the rest of us with Europe as the last to get the download.

What do you guys think?

There we go. 

Now let's just all kick back a bit, watch a bit of Netflix (or in my case: Pick up my youngest daughter from the nursery) and take it easy.

It will be today, I saw a topic named like "Update 3.001 final release..." posted by Jason.... 2 hours ago. Which immediately dissapeared.

Hope never dies.... :)

1 hour ago, FFS_Fauster said:

If you delete system 32 it force updates to 3.001, already in the La5FN shooting things down later losers :cool:

This didnt work very well, my pc ran into some issues.

Seems to be a bad sign for the expectable "quality" of the update, as they have such problems with the launch. They tumble from one delay to the next.

Thought I would have had the pleasure to play on my free afternoon...

Edited by I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Of course it will be today (well, today in the greater part of the World anyway) Is anyone really still in doubt?

Just now, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

Seems to be a bad sign for the expectable "quality" of the update, as they have such problems with the launch. They tumble from one delay to the next.

Can't possibly be worse than the issue DCS experienced

2 minutes ago, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

or just typical case of over-optimistic PMs not listening to "techies" that say that they need more than 4 hours for that release ;)

EDIT: or over-optimistic programmers giving estiamtes w/o contingency that PM have no way to verify.

Either way - looks more like PM than technical problem

Edited by przybysz86

Just now, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

The big delay from Q4 ‘17 to Q1 ‘18 did indicate, that they had perhaps bitten off a bit more than they could chew on such a tight schedule.

This small delay is just standard-fare.

None of it has any bearing on the quality of the product.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

The big delay from Q4 ‘17 to Q1 ‘18 did indicate, that they had perhaps bitten off a bit more than they could chew on such a tight schedule.

... but when they worked on the programm as like as they worked on the release it could be significant. Wait till the avalanche of bugfixes will overwhelm us.

Edited by I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller

What??? A three hour delay??? 

That's it I'm done with this. I'll be staying in DCS from now on. At least you can count on ED, Belsimtek, Aviodev, Heatblur, Magnitude 3, VEAO, Polychop, Razbam and Miltech 5 to deliver when they say they will...

• Haha 3

Just now, BorysVorobyov said:

What??? A three hour delay??? 

That's it I'm done with this. I'll be staying in DCS from now on. At least you can count on ED, Belsimtek, Aviodev, Heatblur, Magnitude 3, VEAO, Polychop, Razbam and Miltech 5 to deliver when they say they will...

LOL :lol::lol:

SD

3 minutes ago, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

... but when they worked on the programm as like as they worked on the release it could be significant. Wait till the avalanche ob bugfixes will overwhelm us.

With such a huge amount of new content it is inevitable, that there will be bugs and numerous hotfixes over the coming days, that is just a given, and Han even said so himself.

A slight problem with implementation on the master server is no indication of this.

7 minutes ago, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

... but when they worked on the programm as like as they worked on the release it could be significant. Wait till the avalanche of bugfixes will overwhelm us.

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Moriarty: Crap!

The dev team 

On 3/14/2018 at 10:39 AM, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

Dev can postpone it further if they need to.  No bugfixes will overwhelm me.

[Edited] Really? :(

Edited by Bearcat
Brownies
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

aint you just a little ray of sunshine

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Thats not even big delay considering some other delays....

1 minute ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Thats not even big delay considering some other delays....

Day one launches for games rarely go smoothly.

Just now, =FEW=Herne said:

Day one launches for games rarely go smoothly.

it's like that for any software project...

Oh, how many nice nights i've passed making go-lives...

In case the devs need some encouragement:

Image may contain: text, outdoor and nature

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If I read correctly the annoncement still an half hour to wait ! :salute: if it is a false news , not fake but false, I shall wait a little longer that is all. but if it is real then Hurra for the great real news. :salute: 

Old game version notes have been unpinned!!!!!!!!!!!! Update is close

Just a last minute thought do we have to worry about key settings being lost...sometimes it happens... sometimes not?

Just now, Blitzen said:

Just a last minute thought do we have to worry about key settings being lost...sometimes it happens... sometimes not?

I've played this game for 4 years and i've never lost my settings.

1 hour ago, sinned said:

Dispicable vermins like you who tries to stir up baseless negativity should just eat shit and die. 

This is how you think it is accepable to talk to other humans? Respectfully, you have some editing to do.

• Upvote 1