fjacobsen

Wooo hoooo - 3.001 release tomorrow

2 minutes ago, fiddlinjim said:

Hold On/Hold On----Battle of Kuban is still being shown as on sale and has to be cancelled first according to DEVs and the server checked out after the new version..

Would not be surprised to see a few more days wait.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

I don't think there will be an update today. Just maintencance.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

4 minutes ago, fiddlinjim said:

Hold On/Hold On----Battle of Kuban is still being shown as on sale and has to be cancelled first according to DEVs and the server checked out after the new version..

:biggrin:

tf3d053_mob.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, =EXPEND=DendroAspis said:

Nah, Jason would have said something to prevent the mass hysteria thats going on right now. Some of these chickens are about to wet themselves.

My thoughts too, since once of our more stalker style friends showed he was watching this forum 20 minutes ago or so.

I have to admit, I am sitting here at work hitting F5 every few minutes - and it suddenly hit me, that I have not done this for a very long time. Obviously I must be looking forward to something - whatever it happens to be :)

Just now, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

Just woke up, don't tell me i faked a migraine for nothing! :(

Of course not. People are just trolling one another. The maintenance was announced to include the update, and now it's well underway.

Nothing to freak out over.

7 minutes ago, fiddlinjim said:

Rubbish. Start your game and you find you can't play- it tells you to update as there is a new version available. 

don't worry everyone. So long as the PC I left on this morning has updated IL2 through the the steam client by the time I get home at 18:30, it's all good. :)

Edited by =FEW=Herne

COME ON !!!!!!!

I'm 48. 

I really need to get a grip and stop restarting this so often .....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mcdaddy said:

Rubbish. Start your game and you find you can't play- it tells you to update as there is a new version available. 

I can start offline but not online.

Waiting :P

25 minutes ago, fiddlinjim said:

3 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Nearly 1am here.  Must be off to bed.  Have fun with it chaps!

You know this is the better decision anyways. waiting 1 hour for the download to finish and then get a 'failed to update' just before bedtime is the worst thing that could possibly happen. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Just now, 216th_Jordan said:

You know this is the better decision anyways. waiting 1 hour for the download to finish and then get a 'failed to update' just before bedtime is the worst thing that could possibly happen. :biggrin:

I want the release notes to read while the update is downloading. :)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I want the release notes to read while the update is downloading. :)

That's how it generally works on steam I think ?

The company should give us more conservative dates. I have bought the IL2 because of the BoK's Aircobra - it was the major reason for me three (or four now) months ago. In meantime I have got more stuff from the store. I'm very impressed by quality, but now I'm starting to feel... irritated a bit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ehret said:

The company should give us more conservative dates. I have bought the IL2 because of the BoK's Aircobra - it was the major reason for me three (or four now) months ago. In meantime I have got more stuff from the store. I'm very impressed by quality, but now I'm starting to feel... irritated a bit.

It's very irritating indeed. 

Now they've said 9am to 1pm GMT and still nothing.

1 minute ago, Ehret said:

Nearly there ! And to be fair it could be worse, you might have backed Star Citizen back in 2012 ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Iv started a 1/72 scale spit to pass the time. It is so small and detail less that I might have it done before this drops!

So... now is time for some stalking!

BlackSix was there 47 minutes ago, Han was there 2 hours ago, Jason, 10 minutes ago... they take a look at us from Olympus mount! Lets hope they see how pathetic mortals we are and that we need their mercy. Please let this update be!

Just now, =FEW=Herne said:

Nearly there ! And to be fair it could be worse, you might have backed Star Citizen back in 2012 ;)

:lol:

1 minute ago, Mcdaddy said:

It's very irritating indeed. 

Now they've said 9am to 1pm GMT and still nothing.

It will be today at some point. I wouldn't expect anything more.

Maybe technical problems in the background? Who know´s.  But the comnunity management is not good at the moment.  A short 1-2 liner from the Dev´s side would be helpfull for us all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NN_RugbyGoth said:

So... now is time for some stalking!

BlackSix was there 47 minutes ago, Han was there 2 hours ago, Jason, 10 minutes ago... they take a look at us from Olympus mount! Lets hope they see how pathetic mortals we are and that we need their mercy. Please let this update be!

That is a little scary - and a little creepy that you have done that much watching of these guys today :o:;)

The overall delay of 3.001 of 3 months is something of a big deal (though understandable), not least for the company, which had to pay for it. 

A couple hours delay on release day is nothing - it's completely standard in the business. Even the slightest mishap during the transition can cause a delay, it's happened with many updates before this one.

Guys a rollout is hard to plan. If something unexpected happens things can take severely longer.

Pro tip: subscribe to the game updates thread and get an email when the update rolls out. Sitback and relax, do something else, you'll see the time will pass faster and you'll be less stressed when it finally comes. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Just now, TPReggie said:

That is a little scary - and a little creepy that you have done that much watching of these guys today :o:;)

It's @Finkeren job usually... :D

Steady on lads, a 3 month delay for 3.001 isn't that bad. It'll be there so stow the pitchforks.

Honestly it could always be worse, I can think of other sims where updates are years late and the devs don't even address the delay.