Jason_Williams

Buy Battle of Kuban Today! P-39 Video Inside

I was paying close attention to the flight characteristics of the P39 in that video. Seemed to have no trouble tracking the 109 through dives and climbs. Lending credence to my theory it'll perform just fine in the vertical. Seemed a bit like a wild stallion in the rolling though.  

Also looks like the American 37 will have a fairly flat trajectory...that's big. 

Edited by GridiroN
  • Upvote 1

Super excited to have fresh new planes in the mix, not to mention a big ol 37mm on one of em! Nice work! :good:

5 minutes ago, GridiroN said:

I was paying close attention to the flight characteristics of the P39 in that video. Seemed to have no trouble tracking the 109 through dives and climbs. Lending credence to my theory it'll perform just fine in the vertical. Seemed a bit like a wild stallion in the rolling though.  

Also looks like the American 37 will have a fairly flat trajectory...that's big. 

German pilots won't have a super hard time with the P-39 unless they find themselves in front of one. The video doesn't show anything except me being a poor shot and bouncing all over the place as usual. I was near stall speed in the second kill flopping over just in time because I knew the 109 was starting to dive. He easily out climbed me as they do. That 37mm round hitting the 109's wing was pure luck on my part. I was just going for nice visuals, not making any kind of statement on the P-39 performance. I'm a bad judge of performance anyways. 

Jason

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

German pilots won't have a super hard time with the P-39 unless they find themselves in front of one. The video doesn't show anything except me being a poor shot and bouncing all over the place as usual. I was near stall speed in the second kill flopping over just in time because I knew the 109 was starting to dive. He easily out climbed me as they do. That 37mm round hitting the 109's wing was pure luck on my part. I was just going for nice visuals, not making any kind of statement on the P-39 performance. I'm a bad judge of performance anyways. 

Jason

lol, no, you're supposed to say "yes, my expert pilotry is finally on display for all to see. Also, sucks to suck. Russian bias is real. #DealWithIt"

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Cool. Thanks for that.

I am curious how many of "us" there are out there, the people hitting F5 every ten-seconds to see if the update is out. Are there thousands of us?

Looking forward to your inevitable article on the update. :cool:

They have always played the numbers game pretty close to the vest. You can extrapolate a bit by looking at forum numbers but they are not in and of themselves exact either. As to seeding, I try to be a good community member and keep it checked at launch time for a day or two then cut it off. It used to be a resource drain, though, I don't know if this is still true either. So, in essence, reading over my post again, I don't really know all that much other than the opening sentence. Seek other sources.........

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Looked like a cat toying with a mouse, and than the hammer came down. 

• Upvote 1

Really just curiosity as to what the size of "The Community" is like. I mean, are there 10,000 of us across the world who are all hot and heavy for the update? I hope there are, and more. But I guess this is a niche product and maybe there are 2000 or... 5000 or... 50,000. The more the merrier I guess. :)

But I can understand if this is private business info.

• Upvote 1

I tend to fly Luftwaffe birds but of the new aircraft, the P-39 is the one I'm looking forward to most I think. Such a weird little plane, and I like that!

At my age, I tend not to get overexcited about stuff like this, but the wait is killing me, IL2 is the exception LOL! :D

• Upvote 1

So we're almost there! I'm so amazed! So my guess is, that we will have to remain patient for another week. No problem though. :salute:

17 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Really just curiosity as to what the size of "The Community" is like. I mean, are there 10,000 of us across the world who are all hot and heavy for the update? I hope there are, and more. But I guess this is a niche product and maybe there are 2000 or... 5000 or... 50,000. The more the merrier I guess. :)

But I can understand if this is private business info.

At the moment there are 139,668 members.

My estimation is that a great deal owns at least one module of the game.

Since the upcoming update affects BOS, BOM and BOK it is very likely that tens of thousands are waiting in full anticipation.

Well, at least I am... :)

EDIT 01: Now we count 139,670 members.

EDIT 02: Now we count 139,675 members.

EDIT 03: Now we count 139, 696 members.

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KG_S_MrFies said:

please show us the MK108 ^^

See: 37mm kill. That’s more of less what it’s gonna be like.

7 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

Since the upcoming update affects BOS, BOM and BOK it is very likely that tens of thousands are waiting in full anticipation.

From all age groups too. 15y/o here.

7 hours ago, GridiroN said:

#DealWithIt

Hey that's my quote :)

Note to myself: I shall get me a copyright on it soon!

4 minutes ago, TheTacticalCat said:

From all age groups too. 15y/o here.

Yep, I've once been 15 too :P

Cheers!

Mike

12 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Hey that's my quote :)

Note to myself: I shall get me a copyright on it soon!

Yep, I've once been 15 too :P

Cheers!

Mike

I am still 15 

or so some people say :biggrin:

Cheers, Dakpilot

Hi Jason,

I read that Kuban won't be on Steam. I bought BoS there and already bought Kuban (and Bodenplatte ;)) on your site. I got all the flyable planes like Spit or 190A5...just for knowing the patch 3.001 will be downloadable on Steam right? Or should I install your launcher?

Obviously this update will indeed be on steam like every other update ever released.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GridiroN said:

Not really. P39 obviously shows its lack of vertical ability at 2:40.

The '39 is looking good. It's kind of exciting knowing "it" (the update) is finally almost here. Too cool. Well done devs.

Increased draw distance looks absolutely gorgeous! Not until seeing this video do I realize how much I've missed that. 

Have the VR equipped beta testers reported any significant performance hit? We struggle today, despite top of the line hardware, and view distance/multi layer clouds leaves me a bit worried.

finally i am happy to expect BATTLE OF KUBAN   VEEERRRY SOON !:biggrin:

i think it will be great!:fly:

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

[ deleted ]

Edited by xvii-Dietrich
Post removed, to prevent sowing confusion.

awesome! The map + drawing distance takes this to another level indeed.

Looking forward to the weekend :P

29 minutes ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

Also, I'm guessing that there is not going to be a "Standard Edition" of BoK. For BoS and BoM, you could buy the 8-plane version, rather than the 8+2 version. From what I can see, BoK will only be the 8+2 version. Is that right?

It is important to remember that at this point in time BoK has not been released.    Once you have that fact straight in your head it is no longer surprising that the store is not showing BoK (Standard) as a purchasable product and similarly does not show the collectors planes for sale.

Well after being here for four years I have now just purchased BOK to go with the other two,I am waiting to get a VR headset sometime this year,its not to bad being 63 and retired, plenty of time to play sims. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billmearle73 said:

Well after being here for four years I have now just purchased BOK to go with the other two,I am waiting to get a VR headset sometime this year,its not to bad being 63 and retired, plenty of time to play sims. 

I am with you there -  I am 59 and retired ( due to permanent disability).

Problem is, I still have trouble being able to fly as much as I would like lol.'

VR is a real game changer for sure. 

5 hours ago, Uufflakke said:

EDIT 01: Now we count 139,670 members.

EDIT 02: Now we count 139,675  members.

Holy Cabbage crates Batman!??

is that really our il2 BoX player count!!!???!!??

we’re going to have to increase our multiplayer player limit at least to 200 now :)

but seriously, I’m very impressed and heartfelt that we have such a number of PC Pilots that play this sim...

congrats devs!!

• Upvote 1

Right, seeing it on a monitor as opposed to a small tablet makes all the difference.

Looks very nice.  Not just the P39 but also terrain rendering distance.  Those who question the added distance, watch the video a few times.  When taking off, you see the hills and mountains in the distance of the airfield.  There is haze of course but even during the fighting, you can see much further out detail in the landscape then what we have now.  It is almost 4x the distance (150km as opposed to 40km).

This will make a huge difference to the way the sim works with navigation much easier.  There will always be haze just as in real life.  I'm Excited ))  Also can't wait to fly the Yak 7, the G6, the P39 and the (finally) VVS Ju88 equal, the A20.  Fun times ahead.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, blitze said:

Right, seeing it on a monitor as opposed to a small tablet makes all the difference.

Looks very nice.  Not just the P39 but also terrain rendering distance.  Those who question the added distance, watch the video a few times.  When taking off, you see the hills and mountains in the distance of the airfield.  There is haze of course but even during the fighting, you can see much further out detail in the landscape then what we have now.  It is almost 4x the distance (150km as opposed to 40km).

This will make a huge difference to the way the sim works with navigation much easier.  There will always be haze just as in real life.  I'm Excited ))  Also can't wait to fly the Yak 7, the G6, the P39 and the (finally) VVS Ju88 equal, the A20.  Fun times ahead.

Ya you’re right!  

Just got home from night shift,  on my monitor it’s so pretty!   

And I can see the horizon!

wahoo!

also, not. Sure if new but was noticing some nice sun reflection off aircraft...

any update on cloud layers???

Nice update. Didnt expected one on Monday. I am a bit late but never mind.

So many planes for me. 5 are on the way. And all those changes in 3.001. Cant wait to see those little :) big things.

Edited by Yankee_One