Jason_Williams

Buy Battle of Kuban Today! P-39 Video Inside

Nice of you to drop the info. Didn`t want to miss out on the pricedrop so I did it months ago.  As for people who like BoS/BoM but didn`t get BoK yet, there`s really no reason not to buy BoK before release.

Edited by Mac_Messer

37 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Have you assembled it? If so I'd like to see it! I bet this is 1/72 scale.

I had never realized the logo included elements of an "American" flag.

I got a Supermarine Spitfire from this brand for my Bday when I was a kid.

Um... well ...I DID assemble it circa 1959!  It wasn't 1/72nd but what has now come to be known as "box scale" that is it was sized to fit into a particular sized box. It was close to 1/48th..maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/55th or so.It wasn't until the mid 1960's monogram did a true 1/48th p-39.In the meantime Revell did a 1/72nd scale P-39 around the same time:

194345-12192-65-pristine.jpg

26 minutes ago, Mac_Messer said:

... As for people who like BoS/BoM but didn`t get BoK yet, there`s really no reason not to buy BoK before release.

Which is very, very close (as Jason stated) ;)

Very cool video. I like the increased draw distance! Good job timing the music eith the hit at ~2:50 :biggrin:

Will BoK also be released on steam?

Edited by Psyrion

13 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

Very cool video. I like the increased draw distance! Good job timing the music eith the hit at ~2:50 :biggrin:

Will BoK also be released on steam?

Yes, it is all the same game. Think of it as modules. Steam release is usually a few weeks after the native release.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Yes, it is all the same game. Think of it as modules. Steam release is usually a few weeks after the native release.

Yes, I know that. But some of the collector planes are not on Steam, that's why I asked.

4 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

Yes, I know that. But some of the collector planes are not on Steam, that's why I asked.

You dont need them on steam to be able to buy/play them with your steam client.

Edit: I think it will all become much clearer once they release the demo on Steam using the same client

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BorysVorobyov said:

Awesome video. The P-39 looks kick ass. 

Yeah. But... The P-39 looks so... cute! Am I the only one who thinks it looks a bit like (strangely) the VW Beetle of the WWII skies?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

You dont need them on steam to be able to buy/play them with your steam client.

Edit: I think it will all become much clearer once they release the demo on Steam using the same client

I know how IL-2 works. It´s 100% clear for me. All I´m asking is if it will be possible to buy it on Steam. I know you can buy everything on their store. I was just wondering if they will put BoK in the Steam store as they have not put some of the Collectors on there.

53 minutes ago, No601_Swallow said:

Yeah. But... The P-39 looks so... cute! Am I the only one who thinks it looks sounds a bit like (strangely) the VW Beetle of the WWII skies?

Fixed that for ya...;)

I am sooo ready for this. Seeing that savage 37mm shot was quite nice as well. Between this and the A-20 it's gonna be a busy day when it finally drops. I almost forget about the Yak-7B with all this excitement, my favorite Soviet fighter of old '46.

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

This is the new horizon.

When I looked the video I was unable to appreciate the P-39 !

I was always looking about the horizon and said humm it must be retouched by something...

I loved it but damn... it gonna be hard to stay focus there is so much to see now !

Bravo ! Well done team.

Edited by SCG_Manu653
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Psyrion said:

I know how IL-2 works. It´s 100% clear for me. All I´m asking is if it will be possible to buy it on Steam. I know you can buy everything on their store. I was just wondering if they will put BoK in the Steam store as they have not put some of the Collectors on there.

For us to put anything else on Steam it requires us to completely re-vamp how Steam communicates with our client which also affects our customers. We are still evaluating what we should and can do. It's really screwed things up. Not our fault. Steam is great in many ways and not so great in others. 

I suggest if you want to play Kuban you buy from us now on our site. I don't know if and when it will be on Steam. I'd like to have it there, but when that may occur is currently unknown. 

We ask our customers to be patient with us on this and understand we are often times at Valve's mercy when it comes to technical issues and as a small team we can't just adjust overnight to their demands and changes. 

Jason 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 6

That P-39 is looking so sweet!

Can't wait to try her out in VR!

Also you should buy here so that the full cost goes to the developers. I like Steam but Valve does not need any additional financial incentive right now. Let's support these guys.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

For us to put anything else on Steam it requires us to completely re-vamp how Steam communicates with our client which also affects our customers. We are still evaluating what we should and can do. It's really screwed things up. Not our fault. Steam is great in many ways and not so great in others. 

I suggest if you want to play Kuban you buy from us now on our site. I don't know if and when it will be on Steam. I'd like to have it there, but when that may occur is currently unknown. 

We ask our customers to be patient with us on this and understand we are often times at Valve's mercy when it comes to technical issues and as a small team we can't just adjust overnight to their demands and changes. 

Jason 

This level of openness and discussion is good. Keep it up! Nothing I hate more than stone-faced devs who don’t talk to their audience. :)

43 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason 

Thank you for replying! I agree with everyone that says I should buy from your store. Steam doesn't have a good reason to deserve a cut and I'd rather support you directly. Only reason I'm asking is that the payment options on steam are way more convenient if you don't have a credit card.

Thanks !:)

Well the title made me hope there was a massive 1 day sale going on :biggrin:.

Otherwise looking nice. Good luck for the release!

Not sure if it's top secret business info, but any idea how many people are expected to be updating when it comes out on Day 1? Thousands?

Curious what the logistics are.

6 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Not sure if it's top secret business info, but any idea how many people are expected to be updating when it comes out on Day 1? Thousands?

Curious what the logistics are.

The updater does run on a bit-torrent system (I'm 90% sure) so while one person is updating people are updating off of that (unless they switch seeding off) so increase demand can actually improve the speed of the update depending on the number of initial seeders.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dburne said:

That P-39 is looking so sweet!

Can't wait to try her out in VR!

After seeing the pilot pan around the P-39 cockpit, I've got to say I'm more than a little bit envious of all of you flying in VR right now. Dang but that cockpit looks sharp. The new draw distance for the horizon looks amazing too. At lower altitudes it should eliminate completely the hazed view in the distance. Even up high it looks much more realistic. I'm very eager for this next patch.               

10 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

The updater does run on a bit-torrent system (I'm 90% sure) so while one person is updating people are updating off of that (unless they switch seeding off) so increase demand can actually improve the speed of the update depending on the number of initial seeders.

Cool. Thanks for that.

I am curious how many of "us" there are out there, the people hitting F5 every ten-seconds to see if the update is out. Are there thousands of us?

Looking forward to your inevitable article on the update. :cool:

1 minute ago, CanadaOne said:

Cool. Thanks for that.

I am curious how many of "us" there are out there, the people hitting F5 every ten-seconds to see if the update is out. Are there thousands of us?

Looking forward to your inevitable article on the update. :cool:

I've got a lot of writing (and probably a cinematic or two) to do when the update comes. For me that counts as fun so it'll be fun! (Aside from playing the actual update!)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent, nice to see the P-39 actually flying, what else is there to say but bring it on.:cool:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Really can't wait for this beautiful bird anymore and gotta love that 37mm bite! :salute: