Jason_Williams

Buy Battle of Kuban Today! P-39 Video Inside

5 hours ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

The store pages for Battle of Kuban, as well as some of the collector planes, mention Steam, Steam keys and activating the products on Steam.

If a Steam option is no longer available - or at least not planned any time soon - it would be useful to correct the store pages to make that clear... otherwise, there are going to be some confused customers.

Also, I'm guessing that there is not going to be a "Standard Edition" of BoK. For BoS and BoM, you could buy the 8-plane version, rather than the 8+2 version. From what I can see, BoK will only be the 8+2 version. Is that right?

And, as another guess, it looks like the BoK collector planes will not be available separately?

You're the one sowing confusion. Just wait for further announcements. We have made no radical changes to our usual product release plans. We're just coordinating the timing.

Jason

14 minutes ago, NahkaSukka said:

YES!!

Oh...MAMA!

49 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Ahh that´s great!

Exhibit one: The reaction of heavily addicted junkies to their favorite dealer's announcement that tomorrow he's going to have some new stuff. :lol:

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, NN_Razor said:

H-19!!!

H-19.jpg.8c17ddc336a060016460df20c0d24e22.jpg

Are you sure :huh:? Didn't they announced P-39, A-20, Bf 109 G-6..?

US hardware coming to the Eastern Front. Exciting times!

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2018 at 9:03 PM, Lensman said:

You guys are going to need this:

Flying the P39.

This aircraft is so weird when it comes to spins.  According to that video, when you enter a spin you should hold back the stick and apply rudder *with* the spin  then wait for the spin to slow down before  putting the stick forward and pressing opposite rudder and aileron.   Not at all what I am used to.

Actually I don't think the in-game P-39 handles the same.  The real one oscillates in the spin but there has been no oscillation in the two spins I have done.   I just reduced throttle, put the nose down and gave opposite rudder and it came out within a turn.   What did happen though was that I broke the engine.  The video says to chop both throttle *and* rpm so I need to remember that next time.  Incidentally, in my other spin I tried *increasing* the power while applying opposite rudder and nose down and its refused to come out.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

This is going to be fun... Soon this forum is going to be full of people who will experience the dreaded P39 spin  :)

In the old IL2 game it took me quite some time before I was reasonably confident in getting out of that spin.

I haven't had a chance yet to fly this P39, but it will be fun to put it into a violent spin and see what happens.

I do remember reading a book where a pilot stated that never mind what the manual said, If you didn't get out of the spin by the time it had completed two turns, get out, or you will join it in a big hole in the ground, Lol!

Edited by Trooper117

Posted (edited)

I had a flying P-39 when I was 9 or 10 years old. It had a 0.040 gas engine and was controlled by two strings that operated the elevator. We used to dogfight by tying a ribbon to the tail and the first one to chop off the other's ribbon with the prop won the dogfight.I believe I crashed it and broke the engine. Hard to remember as it was only 15 or 16 years after the actual time frame of the BOK. I loved that model!

Edited by Balzarog

1 hour ago, Balzarog said:

I had a flying P-39 when I was 9 or 10 years old. It had a 0.040 gas engine and was controlled by two strings that operated the elevator. We used to dogfight by tying a ribbon to the tail and the first one to chop off the other's ribbon with the prop won the dogfight.I believe I crashed it and broke the engine. Hard to remember as it was only 15 or 16 years after the actual time frame of the BOK. I loved that model!

Ah I remember those days from my childhood as well. 

On 12/03/2018 at 6:14 PM, Jason_Williams said:

For us to put anything else on Steam it requires us to completely re-vamp how Steam communicates with our client which also affects our customers. We are still evaluating what we should and can do. It's really screwed things up. Not our fault. Steam is great in many ways and not so great in others. 

I suggest if you want to play Kuban you buy from us now on our site. I don't know if and when it will be on Steam. I'd like to have it there, but when that may occur is currently unknown. 

We ask our customers to be patient with us on this and understand we are often times at Valve's mercy when it comes to technical issues and as a small team we can't just adjust overnight to their demands and changes. 

Jason 

Any news?

11 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Yes. Use PayPal.

Oh thx, you are a god on earth!
You solve all my problems with this. So much thank you!

41 minutes ago, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

Oh thx, you are a god on earth!
You solve all my problems with this. So much thank you!

You are welcome!