Sign in to follow this  
-=[]=-little-Guardian

Mission ends 20 seconds after crashlanding / death etc. Why?

Why is a mission automatically ending after you have to crashland or you die? Why can I not "enjoy" following the aerial fights that are still ongoing . . . ?

A simple question adressed to the user like:    "Would you like to quit now?" would be very nice.

Actually any choice would be nice. It could also be a choice one can make in the basic game settings . . .

Thank you for this awesome flightsim!

little Guardian

• Like 2

True, it should be a choice, leave or stay and follow the battle evolution...but still for you the battle/mission is a failure.:salute:

Edited by senseispcc

It seems like another of those unfortunate design decisions  left over from when Loft was in charge.  

It is one I'd love to see go away. Crashed AI and those who have landed disappearing kills immersion for me too. 

yeah in most games after dying or crashlanding i liked to see the ongoing, its fun :)

At least one reason is that it could be used as a cheat.  One side can crash aircraft, or bail out, near enemy airfields and then use them as spies.

@BraveSirRobin

That is true. Maybe they could offer it only for singleplayer to avoid cheating.

;-) I didn't even think about that possibility since I always fly singleplayer.

In Il-2 1946 you could stay in the game as long as you wanted, which I really enjoyed.

Greetz  little Guardian

Alt+f1 or f2 will switch you to spectate to friendly/enemy player....at least after you bail!

Depends on server!

We use it to learn from more experienced pilots!

21 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

At least one reason is that it could be used as a cheat.  One side can crash aircraft, or bail out, near enemy airfields and then use them as spies.

I've read one account of a 4th FG pilot who went down near a German airfield and did what you described. Capt. Kendall "Swede" Carlson was strafing an airfield near Berlin on Feb. 25,1945 when his prop clipped the ground and he bellied in. Before departing his downed P-51, he heard over his R/T that one of his squadron pilots suggesting they strafe the downed Mustang to avoid its capture. He radioed he was still in the cockpit. He then directed attacks on a couple of landing Fw-190s.

So I guess in that regard it wouldn't be completely out of the question of possibility. On the flip side, a lot of pilots didn't survive going down while strafing so if something like that were permitted in the game there would be a need to limit how often it might occur.

I wasted quite a lot time in the FMB trying to get display different msg/outcomes depending on how the player pilot is down/killed..... I could not work out why the mission would always end after a certain amount of time after the player died even if I put a bigger time delay.  

Kinda stupid feature 

Yeah !       Is it just me, or did they indeed fix it?

I can now stay in my ditched plane and watch what the others are doing

Thank you to the Devs

And an even greater Thank You for 3.001! Awesome work! IMHO this is by far the best Flightsim you can have at the moment

the little Guardian