Last Friday, 2nd March, Han said 2-3 weeks. So for once 'two weeks' is actually relevant! Which makes it mid-March for the big day.

Cheers.

• Haha 1

On 4.3.2018 at 6:59 PM, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

We will have an update on 5.0 soon. 

Update to 5.0 soon is for COD , I am waiting for it too. And when they say soon , it will be soon

An update on 5.0 soon is not the same thing as an update to 5.0. One is news on 5.0. The other is the actual version. Fine print and all.

VR is still planned for 5.0. 

I'll be making an update in about 2 weeks about the progress on the new aircraft and the desert among other things. 

• Upvote 4

Sweet! I wonder if there will be a P-40 C I remember seeing some old screenshots of a very early fuselage. I hope it made it that far.

Will the Dewoitine 520 fly for Vichy?

The hype is real :) 

18 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I think so.

On 10/03/2018 at 12:58 PM, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Sweet! I wonder if there will be a P-40 C I remember seeing some old screenshots of a very early fuselage. I hope it made it that far.

The hype is real :) 

Yes, there will be a P-40C, (Tomahawk IIB) as well as a P-40E for TF 5.0.

And yes, there will be a Dewoitine D.520, two versions, the earlier type which flew for France in the Battle of France, and the later type which flew for Vichy in North Africa in Syria, Algeria and Morrocco.  (the same later model type was also used by the Italians during 1943 and the invasion of Sicily)

Interestingly, the Dewoitine and the Tomahawk IIB saw combat against each other in Syria... No. 250, and No. 3 RAAF Squadrons were equipped with the Tomahawk, and fought against the D.520's of Groupe de Chasse II/3

We hope to have a generic Desert map which can fill in for Syria as well as our historical Tobruk map... but no promises yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Yes, there will be a P-40C, (Tomahawk IIB) as well as a P-40E for TF 5.0.

And yes, there will be a Dewoitine D.520, two versions, the earlier type which flew for France in the Battle of France, and the later type which flew for Vichy in North Africa in Syria, Algeria and Morrocco.  (the same later model type was also used by the Italians during 1943 and the invasion of Sicily)

Interestingly, the Dewoitine and the Tomahawk IIB saw combat against each other in Syria... No. 250, and No. 3 RAAF Squadrons were equipped with the Tomahawk, and fought against the D.520's of Groupe de Chasse II/3

We hope to have a generic Desert map which can fill in for Syria as well as our historical Tobruk map... but no promises yet.

Wow you guys are the best thanks a lot!

A D.520 on a Battle of France Scenario would be a dream coming true, still I'm going to be feel a bit awkward shooting down Brits.

About the Tomahawk I'm very glad, this plane is legendary, I didn't ask about the P-40E as I remember that in the screens I've seen it looked pretty much done as far as the 3D modelling was concerned.

Can't wait to buy the new content and play it ^^

Tobruck is already a huge thing, if you manage to squeeze another map then you guys are truly some sort of superheroes :biggrin:

By the way if you wonder the thing I'm the most hyped about are the upcoming biplanes :cool: I know i'm a weirdo...

Sorry but I have just one more tiny question, is the Taifun trainer plane also still planned?

Thanks again Buzz!!! Have a great day sir!

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

4 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Sorry but I have just one more tiny question, is the Taifun trainer plane also still planned?

Thanks again Buzz!!! Have a great day sir!

Yes, the Messerschmitt Bf-108 cockpit is already done... plane needs to be imported.

You will see updates with the P-40's, 109's, Dewoitine, Taifun, etc. in the next few weeks... we will be doing an update blitz for TF 5.0.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Yes, the Messerschmitt Bf-108 cockpit is already done... plane needs to be imported.

You will see updates with the P-40's, 109's, Dewoitine, Taifun, etc. in the next few weeks... we will be doing an update blitz for TF 5.0.

Wow! Sounds good!

Looking forward to the 108.

I always appreciate non combat aircraft. 

Makes the whole picture more diverse. 

Well certainly if we can have 2 persons in that cockpit for actual flight lessons :D

It would also be fun to have people training near a combat zone and getting shot down while learning like it actually happened during the war.

56 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Well certainly if we can have 2 persons in that cockpit for actual flight lessons :D

It would also be fun to have people training near a combat zone and getting shot down while learning like it actually happened during the war.

maybe not so much fun for them ;) but a valuable lesson in escape and evasion lol

Wonder if there will be some missions for it or you will just fly around with no purpose :P

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, InProgress said:

Wonder if there will be some missions for it or you will just fly around with no purpose :P

Whats better than creating that purpose online with fellow gamers?

I don't see the interest of another tiger moth type of tutorial flying into rings.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

11 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I don't see the interest of another tiger moth type of tutorial flying into rings.

And  I don't see the interest in multiplayer where 99% is  flying  around with fighters or waiting untill there will be more than 2 people online.

There is lot's of people who enjoy single player and BoX  career and coop just proves it. I would rather have  actual mission in coop or career where you have  to transport officers in your 108 to the front HQ than fly in multi and imagine that i am doing  something and get shot by spam of fighters.

Multi can be fun but it's just  PvP and does not look realistic.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

FTR Spiritus posted here that he'll be posting about an update on March 23rd.

Here's the quoted text:

Re: Completely innocent request about TF 5.0

A revamp of the UI is in our plans, but isn't as high a priority as game fixes. Once our coders have free time, perhaps they can look at the UI. It is planned, but available time is the issue.

We have a date within TFS that is our goal and are committed to, but we will continue with our policy of not committing publicly to release dates, like it or not. We all have actual day time jobs, some of us multiple ones to make ends meet. Until one of us wins the powerball and shares the fortune with the rest of TFS so we can all quit our jobs, then we have to be careful with dates.

I will be posting an update on the 23rd about patches, 5.0, and will start showcasing the aircraft and cockpit work. I hope to continue having Friday updates weekly or bi-weekly for a month or two.

Edited by 19//Tuesday

@InProgress:

SP missions are very important. Time willing we'd love to have missions included. In MP there are also lots of possibilities. If you have flown on ATAG 1 with the map Op. Steamworks running, the SAR script opens lots of ideas for the 108, both on and offline. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

@InProgress:

SP missions are very important. Time willing we'd love to have missions included. In MP there are also lots of possibilities. If you have flown on ATAG 1 with the map Op. Steamworks running, the SAR script opens lots of ideas for the 108, both on and offline. 

Alright that sounds good!

Sorry for sounding so negative I have never had much love for single player gaming,  the Il-2 franchise is slowly changing my mind tho. :salute: